bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

Re:Has this game been pulled?

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on May 1, 14 12:18 PM
G'day again,

I am back with more information about Witch's Pranks.

As it turns out we were a little too excited to share this one with you guys, and released it too early.

The good news is, it will be back, and soon.

Additionally, I've sent the details of what could be trouble with the frogs on to the team for further investigation before the game's official release.

bfgMurrumbidgee

[Post New]by biscuitsmama on May 1, 14 12:41 PM
Wowwee, I have been looking forward to the game and unfortunately had to go to a class this morning. So sad that when I came home to download the game, I see it was pulled. The game seems so much better than today's CE game.

Edited on 05/01/2014 at 12:42:48 PM PST

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on May 1, 14 1:20 PM
i saw this game is beta and loved it. it wasnt SE quality but CE. I expect they went--oooppss, and pulled it to bring it back as a CE.
kris

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on May 1, 14 1:39 PM
Hopefully everyone will be able to download this game soon. I bought it and so far I don't have any glitches. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Great game BTW. I like it alot better than todays CE. I doubt that they can bring this game back as a CE now that its been out as an SE, but what do I know....I suppose they can do whatever they want. LOL.

[Post New]by biscuitsmama on May 1, 14 2:03 PM
mhatfie wrote:Hopefully everyone will be able to download this game soon. I bought it and so far I don't have any glitches. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Great game BTW. I like it alot better than todays CE. I doubt that they can bring this game back as a CE now that its been out as an SE, but what do I know....I suppose they can do whatever they want. LOL.

LOL - rub it in M!! I guess you were one of the lucky ones to get the game. I should have got it at 6:30am when I first saw it. Boohoo!

[Post New]by goodyear1998 on May 1, 14 2:18 PM
I was one of the lucky ones who managed to demo,buy and have just finished playing it.
great game ...good fun. makes a change from all the missing relatives you've to find in others.
hope that all you fishies manage to get it once BF have fixed the problem.

[Post New]by goodyear1998 on May 1, 14 2:31 PM
further to my last post. reading posts on the forum it woud appear that this is not a full game that I have played.
some fishie pointed out about parts that were missing in the achievements. I hadn't realised but when I finished and checked my achievemnets there were blanks. I thought it was just me not being smart enough...but now I realise there wasn't any way to obtain them.
so my guess this has been released too quickly and part of the game is missing.
I maybe wrong
it will be interesting to see what BF come up with.

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on May 1, 14 3:06 PM
goodyear1998 wrote:I was one of the lucky ones who managed to demo,buy and have just finished playing it.
great game ...good fun. makes a change from all the missing relatives you've to find in others.
hope that all you fishies manage to get it once BF have fixed the problem.

I too managed to buy it this morning. I have so far helped one frog, but hav'nt got any further as yet. I was one of the first four to go onto the forum ( it's taken me an age to find it again) and the only problem I have is that the curser is hard to control. It likes to wander a bit. It does'nt matter which curser I use they both act the same.
But the game is really good. Very different and funny.
After what has happened and what others have said I hope I have a full game.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on May 1, 14 3:23 PM
biscuitsmama wrote:
mhatfie wrote:Hopefully everyone will be able to download this game soon. I bought it and so far I don't have any glitches. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Great game BTW. I like it alot better than todays CE. I doubt that they can bring this game back as a CE now that its been out as an SE, but what do I know....I suppose they can do whatever they want. LOL.

LOL - rub it in M!! I guess you were one of the lucky ones to get the game. I should have got it at 6:30am when I first saw it. Boohoo!

Ha. I feel your pain. I'm hoping everyone will be able to download it tomorrow. I guess there are some good things about being up at 3 a.m. Could not sleep due to the heat so decided to download the game instead.

Kiandi
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Kiandi on May 1, 14 4:22 PM
I was able to download this game this morning but had to go out most of the day. When I came home I was going to purchase it but it was MIA.
I've been a member here for like 3 yrs and I have never seen this happen before with a game being released and then taken down.

[Post New]by goodyear1998 on May 2, 14 5:46 AM
like others a bit annoyed at what has happened with this game ...and the lack of a proper answer from BF.
I,ve contacted customer service as I woud be very upset if I had paid for an incomplete game.
waiting for an answer.
Good luck to other fishies who were looking forward to playing it and missed out. as its a really fun game.
p.s. anyone know of similar games?

[Post New]by ShamanG_Support on May 2, 14 6:07 AM
Dear Big Fish Community,

This title will be available very soon. We apologize for this inconvenience. Unexpected error occurred. The release date for this game is expected on May 7th.

Once more sorry for such delay. A thousand apologies from our side. All you will be able to play full version of "Witch's Pranks" just in 5 days.

Best regards,
Shaman Games Support Team

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on May 2, 14 6:54 AM
Shaman Support

I am one of the lucky ones who bought this game and I have to say it is a Fantastic game. One of the best I have played in a long time. Hope everyone will get to play it soon. Thank you for this game and please more like it.

gatorgal637
Minnow
Minnow
204 Posts

[Post New]by gatorgal637 on May 2, 14 6:55 AM
Seems like a merchandising ploy to me. Build up a lot of "noise" about the game, now everyone wants it, so now, release it later and the sales soar for this game.
Old sales game, used a lot. Remember "Elmo"...everyone wanted it because you could not find it anywhere, then when stocks were replenished, the sales went through the roof.

[Post New]by goodyear1998 on May 2, 14 8:15 AM
thanks shaman support team. great game.
guess us lucky ones who managed to buy it will have to wait impatiently to reinstall it.
sincerely hope that on the 7th it isn't released as a collectors game as my budget doesn't run to them and I would be rather upset if I had to wait even longer to play the original game I paid for.

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on May 2, 14 10:06 AM
I think this is a case of an honest mistake being made. My goodness, the Mods and BFG were on the problem the same day, and the next day we have the Dev. here apologizing and letting us know when the game will be released! I would like to thank them for that, not complain! I loved the demo and I will be buying!

I am old enough and wise enough to see beyond hype and merchandising ploys. This was NOT the case here. I always make my own decisions on what I like and what I purchase, not on someone else's opinion, or a buying frenzy scenario. This is why I never have and never will go to a Black Friday sale here in the US! I know what I like, what I need and what I want as well as what I can afford. I research (demo, in the case of computer games) and I buy accordingly. Oh, all of this takes a little patience by the way.

Any way, thank you BFG for getting to the bottom of this so very quickly! And thank you Shaman Games for taking the time to let us know when we will be able to have access to this delightful (and hilarious) game!

Abs

hipan
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by hipan on May 4, 14 12:29 AM
Downloaded on 1st, played on 2nd. Found it delightful but can't buy. This is almost as frustrating as games that crash after purchase. BFG is usually pretty good to its fans. I hope this one comjes back on sale. It's good! What's a soft release?

Sherryah
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

[Post New]by Sherryah on May 4, 14 9:45 AM
I have 30 minutes to go till end of demo stopped to buy it and kept coming up with empty store. I came here in hopes I would find out why Big fish has no buy.

I will buy it as soon as it is released, great game with sense of humor also.

Kathilisa
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by Kathilisa on May 4, 14 1:51 PM
I've just played half the demo and think this game is SUCH FUN

I came to look at the reviews and had a big shock to read about the problems with the release. I hope they get the glitches fixed (my cursor was a bit all over the place too) and release it soon. I was a bit puzzled to get 2 out of 6 achievements in 30 mins.

The colourful cartoony graphics reminded me of Snarkbusters, Brunnhilda and the Dark Crystal, and Tulula. It is fun but not childish or over-cutesy, and I hope to be able to play the rest of it soon.

[Post New]by terrymoy on May 5, 14 5:16 AM
Hi all yes I did get the Demo of this game but been laid up come to buy and found out all this will just have to wait till they have FIXED this great game. Lost count how many BFG I have now.

Go to: