What daft things do YOU do?

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

Re:What daft things do YOU do?

[Post New]by TiramaSue on May 7, 14 11:12 AM
Did it again. Clicked on my pet instead of the gnome. Got rewarded with rusty chest containing 4 plain stamps.

[Post New]by Pagan_Twylight on May 7, 14 11:54 AM
I think this game has sent me completely round the bend. I have four HOS on 30 minute intervals, and 4 on 10 minute intervals. I don't have enough wands, so I do it the "very, very, slow way". You know, click...wait...click...wait. I've gotten so bored with it (but am too stubborn to allow myself to just hurry through them), that I have started clicking on the items in alphabetical order...from the END of the alphabet. I was in the Battle Pit and about half-way through it when I clicked on the HAT, then realized that there was the LOBSTER...so I closed the HOS and started over, just because I skipped the L word that should have come first!!! Is that crazy or what???

Pagan

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on May 7, 14 1:43 PM
Pagan, Awhile ago someone brought up about this game bringing on obsessive compulsive behavior in some of us....I think you win the prize. That would be an interesting thread.. for people to come up with their own achievement list. Your post actually made me smile because I totally understand needing to fill the tedious boredom of the bow figurine six-paws merry-go-round. You're not on my friends list but for completing a HO scene alphabetically backwards, I would reward you with anything within my power! Just name it.

[Post New]by Pagan_Twylight on May 7, 14 4:36 PM
Your reply was reward enough. Feel free to friend me, 82,273. LOL If we are all going to go crazy, we might as well all do it together.

Pagan

P.S. When you do it backwards, it gets really crazy because your brain keeps wanting to put things in the correct order, especially if you have several words that all start with say... 'P' which you do in the Battle Pit... You have Pillow, Pot, Potato, Pig, Pinecone, Pearls, and your mind just does not want to put Potato first and Pearls last...it just isn't 'right'. LOL.

Edited to add: If you are really, really bored, then you can alternate and choose one item from the end of the alphabet and then the next from the beginning and so on and so forth switching back and forth between the beginning and the end. That can get interesting, too...

Edited on 05/07/2014 at 5:05:52 PM PST

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on May 7, 14 5:27 PM
Pagan, I have to admit just knowing you find the items alphabetically backwards gave me a headache. On top of that you also alternate between going forwards and backwards alphabetically? That just makes my hair hurt. You do realize the fact that your brain can travel in multiple directions at the same time gives you a lot in common with the Bow Figurine, right? UH-OH!

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on May 7, 14 7:49 PM
Pagan,
You have just been compared to an inanimate object! OK, not entirely, he's animated when he sneers at you, but still! I was getting a headache just trying to fingure how to do this and then I thought of the mirrors, and my brain just exploded. It's time for bed and no dancing bow figurines in my dreams, I hope.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jun 18, 14 7:45 AM
I'm having a major attack of the stupids.

Yesterday, I sent the airship off at midnight and THEN checked the daily quest.

Today, I had to open the iron chest 2 times for a daily quest, but I continued opening it until all my murderer's eyes were gone.

sandy510
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

[Post New]by sandy510 on Jun 18, 14 8:06 AM
I some times pack my airship, then wait, depending on the daily quest to see if I need to send my airship for the daily quest, but I just sent it empty, wow, I just sat there dumb founded even asked me if I wanted to send it, I clicked, yes! It will teach me to make sure you packed it first!

The second dumbest thing I did was spend my pet medallions on pet food, had them all for all pets except the odd egg don't know anything about it, thinking then I would get the newer eggs. No eggs, so sad. Now I have to work like a mad hatter to collect those pet medallions.

Edited on 07/17/2014 at 7:52:38 PM PST

rbsworld
Herring
Herring
317 Posts

[Post New]by rbsworld on Jun 18, 14 2:16 PM
My biggest brain fade moments:

1. Opening a HOS only to sit there for minutes waiting for the scene to finish on it's own...kinda like auto pilot or ok, what do we do here?

2. I've sold the item I just finished crafting for a current quest I was on.

3. I too have clicked the item list instead of the finding the object in more than one HOS

4. Talked to the whack a rat (or woodchuck) "Like howdy! how are you?"

MY BIGGEST!

I just sit and stare at the computer screen searching for a HOS object or waiting minutes for a morphing flower to appear...only for the object or flower to be under my cursor!

Happy Questing,

rbsworld

edited for content

Edited on 06/18/2014 at 7:08:32 PM PST

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jun 21, 14 6:53 PM
I frequently toggle between the game and my desktop to check e-mail, the forum, my spreadsheet with all my gifting notes, etc.

Sometimes, while in the game, I'll hit the back button at the bottom of the screen and be perplexed because it didn't take me back to my desktop.

[Post New]by Goaltender989 on Jun 21, 14 7:14 PM
Is that why we need crystal balls and wands /face palm. I have been selling them. Go ahead, give me my stupid sign. ~Lillee~

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jun 24, 14 9:24 AM
And daft thing I do:

Instead of hitting the red x to close the fortune wheel, I think the button at the bottom is a back button and hit that. So I wind up spinning the wheel. Worked out okay today, it was my free spin and I got the Steam Mechanism. But other days...

gerl2
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by gerl2 on Jun 24, 14 10:49 AM
TiramaSue wrote:And daft thing I do:

Instead of hitting the red x to close the fortune wheel, I think the button at the bottom is a back button and hit that. So I wind up spinning the wheel. Worked out okay today, it was my free spin and I got the Steam Mechanism. But other days...

Thank you

Just as soon as I read this post, it was time to run threw my HOS. Thought I would spin the wheel once and low and behold I found myself doing an extra spin just described in your directions. Only my screw up gave me another wand.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jun 24, 14 10:56 AM
gerl2 wrote:
TiramaSue wrote:And daft thing I do:

Thank you

Just as soon as I read this post, it was time to run threw my HOS. Thought I would spin the wheel once and low and behold I found myself doing an extra spin just described in your directions. Only my screw up gave me another wand.

Usually my screw up results in a crystal ball.

aleutcia
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by aleutcia on Jun 24, 14 6:51 PM
I think this qualifies..........I was doing the Fairy Sculpture HOS and I look at the list of items so quick that I read the "dragon" as "dagger". I know they are both in there and I looked so quick that my mind saw the d, a, and g and thought "dagger". I then proceeded to click the dagger and it didn't disappear. Must have clicked in the wrong place, I thought and then clicked again and again, getting frustrated. Finally, I looked at the list again. There I was, just shaking my head thinking to my self - you idiot!

McCoy3
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by McCoy3 on Jun 24, 14 8:58 PM
aleutcia wrote:I think this qualifies..........I was doing the Fairy Sculpture HOS and I look at the list of items so quick that I read the "dragon" as "dagger". I know they are both in there and I looked so quick that my mind saw the d, a, and g and thought "dagger". I then proceeded to click the dagger and it didn't disappear. Must have clicked in the wrong place, I thought and then clicked again and again, getting frustrated. Finally, I looked at the list again. There I was, just shaking my head thinking to my self - you idiot!

I do that one a lot! Maybe I'm not as smart as I thought I was.....

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jun 24, 14 9:22 PM
McCoy3 wrote:
aleutcia wrote:I think this qualifies..........I was doing the Fairy Sculpture HOS and I look at the list of items so quick that I read the "dragon" as "dagger". I know they are both in there and I looked so quick that my mind saw the d, a, and g and thought "dagger". I then proceeded to click the dagger and it didn't disappear. Must have clicked in the wrong place, I thought and then clicked again and again, getting frustrated. Finally, I looked at the list again. There I was, just shaking my head thinking to my self - you idiot!

I do that one a lot! Maybe I'm not as smart as I thought I was.....

I read "cane" as "crane" in Awakening Kingdom all the time. I know it happens with other objects but that one stands out because I do it EVERY time.

DragonRhia
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by DragonRhia on Oct 8, 14 11:21 AM
I think my (biggest) daft moment is when I realized that if I put my finger on different aspects in a hog I can move them......I spent 15 seconds playing with the bobble head in the tavern food tray when I figured this out. LMAO when I realized I tried to make things move in every hog that day. (my finger because I'm playing on my kindle fire) You know, I still mess with the stuff I can move often because it makes me smile.

april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

[Post New]by april3850 on Oct 8, 14 7:16 PM
Ok, I just had one of these moments. I clicked Send on the airship before I loaded it, so it got sent empty. UGH!!!!!

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Oct 8, 14 7:25 PM
I still click on the knights every time even though that achievement is long over.

Go to: