Devs have gone too far

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

Re:Devs have gone too far

[Post New]by Amerzone on May 3, 14 8:09 PM
ROTFL!! That darn bone...and the shell from the winter garden is really hard to find in the new HO scene I just opened in level 23. All three times I've played it I've had to use the HINT button...ugh. I just can't see it.

Btw, just for grins I used 3 magic wands on the mirrors to see what my score might be. Not good. 38,000. Don't waste your wands!!!

50MAD
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by 50MAD on May 3, 14 8:25 PM
Amerzone, I think everyone tried to use the wands sooner or later. You think "well there is only one way to find the items faster - oh yeah use the wands that should do it" and everyone gets dissapointed by the low Points. lol

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 3, 14 8:52 PM
I have never used either the wand nor the crystal ball. I am now so familiar with where the objects are that I can almost find them in the dark. Never used them in the beginning either.

And now that I have been into each of the HOS a thousand times, I just take my time. I have never rushed to begin with, but now I don't care whether I get a high score or not. I seem to be stuck in place 6 in every HOS - how weird is that? LOL

50MAD... wünsche Dir einen schönen Sonntag!!

50MAD
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by 50MAD on May 3, 14 9:13 PM
Danke Valdy. Dir auch. Ich wünschte nur, ich könnte ein bischen mehr schlafen. Bin seit 4 Uhr wach, aber leg mich jetzt wieder hin.

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on May 3, 14 9:42 PM
Valdy wrote:
And now that I have been into each of the HOS a thousand times, I just take my time. I have never rushed to begin with, but now I don't care whether I get a high score or not. I seem to be stuck in place 6 in every HOS - how weird is that?

I'm always in 6th place myself but I don't think it's a "realistic" 6. I think the game lists the top five players from your friends list then YOU, no matter what your score is. Many times the top five players are either way over my score or the 5th player is very near to my score, but I am always number 6. I think the game does this so that WE always know what our score is compared to the five above us. I hope that made sense, but my point was that there may be other people from our friends list that comes between our score and the number 5 score. I'm thinking that the game only lists our score and the top five but there may be others between us that aren't listed.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 3, 14 9:55 PM
Awww... that's cheating. But at least now I know why I keep seeing myself in 6th place. Thanks for the explanation, FishyFemale.

Schlafe noch schön ein bißchen, 50MAD. Hier wo ich im Moment bin ist es schon fast 13 Uhr - lunchtime!!

lady_sabelle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,168 Posts

[Post New]by lady_sabelle on May 3, 14 11:01 PM
You're right FishyFemale. The score shows the top 5 among all your friends plus your score. Your rank is only compared to the top 5. There may be more that have a higher score than yours but all that is shown is where you rank among the top 5.

The benefit of the Wands is for those playing the slow method. If you are trying to get the lowest score possible in order to keep your HOS from leveling up so quickly, the wands are great. When you use them you automatically collect up to 6 items and only get 1000 points for each item. Which saves you about 1 1/2 minutes of waiting for the multiplier to run out between items.

Personally I don't use them because I can't stand to lose the 75 coins I get for selling them.

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on May 4, 14 8:49 AM
I use the wands when I'm about to do my last mirrors of the day, because I'm just too tired and fed up to look for the !@$#@ tiny paintbrush (or note or candy or...).

kittensnlace
Guppy
Guppy
174 Posts

[Post New]by kittensnlace on May 4, 14 9:26 AM
I'm with Lady_Sabelle. I don't use them or the crystal balls. I usually sell them off every few days retaining a few of each to use in the mirrors to find the note.

On a side note, I did make it to number four on one of the HOS, but that only lasted a few days. Oh well, easy come, easy go.

W123
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by W123 on May 4, 14 10:17 AM
I've made it in the top three a couple of times; it was fun while it lasted. Now I'm usually sixth. I'm on level 22 STILL but I'm hoping levels 23 and 24 are not as bad as 21 and 22. I feel as if I'm in a rut. All quests eventually get down to several bow figurines. After a while, I only do the HOS a few times a day so it's enjoyable. Those daily quests just seem to eat up diamonds to complete so I quit doing the time-consuming ones requiring diamonds to complete on time.

Kudos to everyone who posts helpful info! The forum makes the game much more enjoyable.

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

[Post New]by Amerzone on May 4, 14 10:32 AM
The easiest way to have the highest score on many of the HO scenes is to only have 5 friends I wonder where John shows up on that list?

[Post New]by grannykaren1999 on May 4, 14 10:35 AM
I'll bring some cheese to go with that whine, oops, I mean wine. LOL

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

[Post New]by Amerzone on May 4, 14 11:06 AM
Granny, I've already supplied all the whine but regular wine is acceptable

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on May 4, 14 5:41 PM
Amerzone,
You haven't supplied ALL the whine, the rest of us have chipped in our fair share (and then some, in some cases). I think I may just need to have a glass of sherry later, to see if that helps any.

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on May 4, 14 7:20 PM
Amerzone wrote:The easiest way to have the highest score on many of the HO scenes is to only have 5 friends I wonder where John shows up on that list?

I have 38 friends but Parell is almost always in the number 1 spot. Quite the competitor, he is.

[Post New]by Pagan_Twylight on May 4, 14 8:24 PM
I do the "very" slow method of waiting for the multiplier to run down between each piece until it hits the hour mark, then I do them at a normal rate, so my scores are always low...and that doesn't bother me, which is a goodness, I suppose. I've never used the wands either; I always sold them, until another player posted and explained that if you use them, not only don't you have to wait for the multiplier to run down to one again, but you don't get the bonus, either. So, now, I've started using them on the HOS I have that are at the thirty minute time frame. Otherwise, it takes almost five minutes to get through one, and sometimes I just plain don't feel like waiting. Since I don't have many, though, I usually do the first twelve objects by the old waiting method, (to get past the the two minute mark and miss the bonus points) then use a wand on the last six. It cuts a couple of minutes off the time it takes, and to me it is worth it, especially when I am tired or in a hurry. If I'm neither of those things, I will do it the old slower way, especially if I am doing something else at the same time...folding laundry, etc...where I'm actually occupied and doing them faster doesn't really matter anyway.

Pagan

I think I'd prefer a Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri...with whipped cream. Now that sounds really, really good....(wanders off toward the kitchen and the blender)...

[Post New]by tigress1_2u on May 5, 14 1:25 PM
I think I'd prefer a Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri...with whipped cream. Now that sounds really, really good....(wanders off toward the kitchen and the blender)...

Pagan make sure you make enough for me tooooo

Go to: