jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Lost Souls: Timeless Fables Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by jennsmom on May 23, 14 5:25 AM
After playing several games over the last 6 months or so, that had glitches, picky pixels, or that simply stopped working, this was such a pleasure to play! Not terrible inventive or in your face spectacular, but very good for what it is; a bit of adventure, and some interesting HOPs. I enjoyed every single minute of the game except for not finding all the coins, so I expect in a few months, I will play it again. Nice graphics, sounds, stories...very happy here.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Lost Souls: Timeless Fables Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Jun 5, 14 7:48 AM
After several stops and starts I finally finished all of the sections of this game, including the bonus "Titanic" book. The fact that I stop and started so many times is a good indicator this game is a bit on the dull side.

Music was enough to put you to sleep if the game didn't. Although designing the game around different books was clever and interesting, the amount of HOS made the game slow and tedious. Some areas of the HOS were so dark that even by tipping my screen I could not see items...good thing it did not have a click penalty on the level I played. Also, items were very small and the HOS were a bit fuzzy..not real fuzzy, but enough it made you strain to see them.

Mini games were OK, but I skipped most of these as they could be tedious too. Voice overs could be really annoying.

The transporter map was basically useless. All it did was indicate by a number that the area was still active, it did not indicate if it should be the next step and the "nothing else to do here" indicater didn't come up until you spent some time clicking around trying to figure out where to go next...and the hint just said...go to the map...not good.

I found the game boring and tedious to play and certainly didn't think it was CE quality. I give this game only a 2+ out of 5.

[Post New]by CocoaLover on Jun 12, 14 11:32 PM
I am SO with you NancySusan, I was looking forward to this game as well. I love when games incorporate books into their story lines.

I was looking forward to demoing this game, but it froze my computer. Before that, however, in the opening scenes of Stan and Bella growing up, devs., a Prom is a dance, not a graduation ceremony. As in Junior Prom, Senior Prom. And you don't go to it with your sibling, generally. And not in cap and gown.

I am so glad that I tried the trial first. Once I got to Robinson Crusoe everything went nuts. All I had on my screen were black and white spots. The few things that I could pick up were available, and not blobs. but what are we supposed to do? Put the bamboo shoot on the black blob?

COME ON BFG! Do you guys not have anybody testing these games before they released?

jap54
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by jap54 on Jul 1, 14 1:38 PM
I entered the Robinson Crusoe and only got as far as beach after collecting the required items but was left with a black and white screen showing only a mask and couple of white shapes - tried using the collected items to help me get to the raft which was not showing using the wheel and the oar and repairing it (which I could not see) by using the piece of bamboo,. Really liked part 1 but cannot fathom this one out.
Help needed please.

rdekker1
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by rdekker1 on Dec 7, 14 8:37 PM
I liked this game. Not to many bad things I can say about it. A little too many Ho scenes for me. Wish there were fewer of them. Also I wish the map would show where you needed to go instead of how many things you still need to do in each area. And my final nitpick is that I wasn't able to save any of the music. Usually the collectors edition lets you save the music but I couldn't on this one.

Go to: