Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Forgotten Books: The Enchanted Crown Collector's Edit

[Post New]by carol97045 on May 18, 14 6:59 AM

I just used up the 60 minutes of the trial trying to get it to work but it doesn't it just sends me back to the desk top. maybe they shouldn't release games until they know that they actually work?

ZekesPeach
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Forgotten Books: The Enchanted Crown Collector's Ed

[Post New]by ZekesPeach on May 19, 14 7:55 PM
Hi. I played the Beta of this, but am having a problem that I didn't encounter then. When I touch the lamp above the door in the first chapter (where the guy is dead inside the house) it brings up a 'window' and says there is a piece I need to put 'there' and then enter the correct code. The 'window' is showing me a bush and some missing plaster from the wall of the house, not the lamp that I touched. I put the piece over the 'window' and I guess it took becasue it asked me to enter the code...but on WHAT? The guide shows that the code is supposed to be entered on the frame of the lamp, not the 'window' that touching the lamp has forces me to deal with. Seems like a bug to me. I ended up skipping that, but then it brings up the same 'window' and says there's another code there...only nothing has changed at all. Help??

It is now June 7th...I have been hoping there would be a software update, but I guess it isn't going to happen. I also see I am not the only one who had the issue with close-ups. Everything is up to date on my Dell XPS laptop -- and, as I wrote before -- I played the Beta of this with no problems, but I can't even complete the first location on the released game. Seems like something was changed back at the developers' studio between the Beta and the release version. I have spent a lot of money for nothing!

And why are we posting technical issues here if no one technical is responding?

Edited on 06/08/2014 at 1:38:00 PM PST

amuzed
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Forgotten Books: The Enchanted Crown Collector's Edit

[Post New]by amuzed on May 21, 14 2:20 PM
I have no sound during my game at all. Any way to fix this? I've played with my computers volume controls and the in game controls and still nothing.

[Post New]by aunteek816 on May 24, 14 2:38 AM
Same problem as others. Game kicks me back to desktop at following the rabbit. Have pc. windows 7. Has happened with other CEs from BF. Drivers are up to date.

[Post New]by shoestringplayer on May 30, 14 12:53 PM
I am unable to play the bonus game. I have tried re-installing but still have the same problem: an error message that says "runtime error". Any suggestions?

[Post New]by Candice1978 on Jun 5, 14 7:27 PM
The only problems I'm having are with close ups. Everything else is running fine.
I've updated my drivers and ran the "Dr. Felix" report. This is the first time I've ever had a problem with any game from BF. Update my Nvidia card and drivers and installed all recommended updates from Dell. Nothing has worked. This is also the first problem I've had with an ERS game. Very disappointed.

procats
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by procats on Jun 13, 14 5:12 PM
When I played the demo the game worked. Now I get a black screen or if I hit ctl alt delete and get the task manager up, I can click back on the game and get a picture, but then the game freezes. I am really getting sick of this. So many games do this and I have windows 8.1 and everything is up to date. Another game I have to get a refund on.

Hannah55
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Hannah55 on Jun 15, 14 8:40 AM
I just completed the game and cannot find the bonus chapter. On the main screen there is "more games, more info, extras, collections, achievements, player, play, options and exit" but no "bonus chapter". Where is it? The reviews say there is one, which is what I would expect from a CE. Help?

[Post New]by Trinket77 on Jul 22, 14 4:51 PM
Hi,

I can not get the bonus game to show up on this collectors addition after finishing the entire game. I noticed that the scrolls in the collections and achievement section are not all there. Do I need all of them first to be allowed to play the bonus game?

Hope someone sees this soon and writes back.

Thanks,

Trinket77

Go to: