gmniprncs
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Talk with the developers of Black Rainbow game here!

[Post New]by gmniprncs on May 13, 14 10:46 AM
This developer is new to me but I think they are fabulous. I just finished and really enjoyed playing Tales from the Dragon Mountain 2:the Lair. I'm now starting Black Rainbow and love that one too! I prefer adventure games without the HOGs when they come out and your games are great. I'm going to check out what other games are available from you guys and see what I'm missing. Ivan, Thank you for your hard work and dedication.

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on May 13, 14 12:22 PM
Thank you Cateia Games!! This game is great! Please keep up the wonderful work providing us with adventure games like this one and Tales from the Dragon Mountain. I like to use my brain when I play games, not be held by the hand and led along so I can pick up stuff and put it somewhere else while looking at "Disney perfect" graphics and talking to little cutesy animals! Gimme an adventure game every time!

Thank you Ivan for being so involved with your work, being here to listen and help. It's so refreshing to have a developer do that here at BFG!

I cut my gaming teeth on the old text based adventure games like Zork. For the younger people here these were nothing but a black screen and words that said "You are at a crossroads, what do you want to do?" You would have to type in something like "Turn right" and "Go Forward". You had to remember where you were or had been and how to get back to where you wanted to go! You had to use your imagination! Thanks again!

Abs

Janeypat
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by Janeypat on May 13, 14 4:48 PM
Always just a being a great game play and thanx for not making this game an CE
you are what we look for with game play - just the game and no extras - you have kept all that within the games - no extra cost for a really brilliant game - many thanx - and get back to BFG with your next game
thanx for just giving us what we need

tesamoine
Herring
Herring
387 Posts

[Post New]by tesamoine on May 13, 14 5:15 PM
Another excellent game by y'all. Keep them coming

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on May 13, 14 6:52 PM
This game is down right awful. No hidden object scenes no buy for this cowgirl. Just a suggestion. Hidden Object games will sell a lot better than Adventure games.
Save your money...

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on May 13, 14 10:43 PM
good morning everyone
as usually, it's wonderful to see so many good comments, and of course, I respect the negative ones. We have learned a lot so far chating with you on this forum.
I know many of you don't prefer pure adventure games, it's just a matter of personal taste. However, we enjoy making them
Still, we are working on some new HOPA games. Once released, I'll come back to the forum and see what do you think of them. Meantime, thanks for sharing your thoughts and comments on Black Rainbow

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on May 14, 14 12:04 AM
Thank you for including the Hidden Object Game lovers as well. I am looking forward to them.

lisarossi
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by lisarossi on May 14, 14 2:03 AM
Please keep them coming I loved it one of the best games I ever play and I have all the CE in Big fish

gmniprncs
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by gmniprncs on May 14, 14 2:15 AM
Just a note. Thank you for catering to the minority who love the adventure games, those of us who no longer have the sharpest vision to sort through the junk piles in the hidden object games. It makes your eyes very tired and slows down the game play. Also the imagination required develop these types of games is more so then just creating scenes with "stuff" to look through. You could cater to the masses but you do not at the moment, thanks again for not "selling out."

spenny1
Catfish
Catfish
1,637 Posts

[Post New]by spenny1 on May 14, 14 2:49 AM
sassylassie wrote:Just one question Ivan. If you make a sequel to this game would it be a CE? In sight it would make an awesome one!

We already have collectibles and achievements, so why do we need a CE? I actually think a large game file would be more suitable for the adventure format, and then the story could be even more developed

The only problem I had with this one was the graphics. I found them to be a little fuzzy, and I actually preferred the simpler ones in the Tales of The Dragon Mountain games, I found them to be much clearer.

Lazeedragon
Minnow
Minnow
238 Posts

[Post New]by Lazeedragon on May 14, 14 10:03 PM
i loved the game but i did a search for a walkthrough and noticed that bd studios mentioned a CE if that is true why not release this one as a CE? also a walkthrough for the mini-games would be nice 2nd time playing through fun game

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on May 14, 14 10:09 PM
The game was not released as CE at all. I guess that site you mentioned just has a wrong information or something.

llstjohn
Flounder
Flounder
2,487 Posts

[Post New]by llstjohn on May 16, 14 9:02 AM
The hint system in this game is so good you don't really need a walkthrough tho I am having a little trouble figuring out how to match up the skull color with the ribs. I am a fan of pure adventure games. I do not, however, like to waste time doing something that is not essential to game play. Like in the Rhem series, you ride this train, go up in this elevator, through the tunnel, down these stairs and up this ladder just to LOOK at something. Then if you can remember how to get back there, go to where you started from because the 2 letters you found are what you need to open this door. I have played thew entire series through to the end and loved all of them. (Confession time: I had a walkthrough clutched tightly in my left hand while maneuvering around with my right. Great games, tho!!)

kathey12
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by kathey12 on May 16, 14 1:17 PM
Dear Ivan:

I was finally able to download and play the game. It was a wonderful adventure game, my favorite genre!

Thank you again for trying to help earlier.

Looking forward to the next adventure game from your team!

Sincerely,
Kathey
P.S. The 1404 error is a game manager app error wherein Big Fish game manager is unable to retrieve the security certificate for the game from the big fish server.
I am now using a rolled back version of the game manager.

[Post New]by Odessa920 on May 19, 14 12:10 PM
I getting a Scripting Error when I click on the compass. It starts out by saying:
Scripting error
Map.lua: 876 attempt to index field '?'(anilvalue)stack trace

and it goes on from there.
It gives me a option to continue the game of quit.

heleanthia
Guppy
Guppy
170 Posts

[Post New]by heleanthia on May 24, 14 3:45 PM
I adored this game ; so happy that it is NOT a HOG and delighted to see Cateia creating more ...

(to Robilyn)
I have to tell you that these days, adventure games ARE liked, nay sought after., Venture beyond BigFish's door into the world of gaming and you can easily see that adventure games have made a huge comeback.

So many of the old adventure games are now either being revamped OR even more common, new chapters are being released. (which is pretty great)
There is room for all kinds of games,just like there are all kinds of people!
Each to their own!

Edited on 05/24/2014 at 3:46:37 PM PST

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Jun 4, 14 4:52 AM
This left dragon door puzzle is driving me completely bonkers!

How on earth are you supposed to allign those colored rings?

I had the middle ring alligned, but it is slowly getting out of focus again.

Are you supposed to start from the outer ring and working inwards or the opposite?

Don't think the subscription is much help either.

Please can you shed some light on how to solve this puzzle?

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Jun 4, 14 5:55 AM
I finally solved it, but the only thing I can say on this puzzle is: BIG thumbs down!

For those who are susceptible to migraines and/or epilepsy this is a horrible horrible puzzle!
Watching these colored rings rotate and rotate and slowly matcing their speed is a tedious work that takes quite a bit of time and all those time you have to focus on those rotating rings.

It gave me a splitting headache

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Jun 6, 14 11:03 AM
If Ivan, you are checking back here at any point, I just got a mention about your Kickstarter project with Steve Ince!! Am so excited about that and backed it right away. Hope some adventure loving casual gamers go looking for Kaptain Brawe on Kickstarter. Good luck with the project.

Rob_Blake
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by Rob_Blake on Jul 4, 14 6:05 PM
I enjoyed the game, although a couple of the puzzles were super tedious. I played the game twice, as I missed a couple of the skulls the first time. During the game, it says that I would unlock a special achievement if I collected all 21 skulls, which I did. I clicked on a pop-up on the main screen regarding the special achievement after I completed the game, but nothing else happened. Was it suppose to open up an extra puzzle or something? If so, where is it at? If not, I'm not sure what the point was, since the same achievement of collecting the 21 skulls was part of the listed ones. Maybe I just missed something.

Go to: