New Update???

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:New Update???

[Post New]by Valdy on May 13, 14 6:17 PM
Yes, I thought that those peeps who did manage to craft objects for those dreaded figures, will now stamp their foot and go: hmpf... But for those of us who have been struggling, and just couldn't continue, not to mention all those peeps who are still not that far ahead, it will be a blessing.

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on May 13, 14 6:20 PM
And I'm quite sure they won't want their programming to go to waste, so the old items will be used somewhere. I guess I'm not going to be giving the big items I've been playing the wheel for, but I don't mind if I don't have to go through all that again with my second game. Now to get off the forum and back into the game!

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on May 13, 14 6:24 PM
Oh, Valdy, I just wish they could do for me what they did for you...I don't even get a response anymore

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 13, 14 6:27 PM
Those items no longer needed could always be sold.

I just went into the game, and looked at my last 2 quests on level 21. I am close to tears. I cannot thank Elephant Games enough for making the impossible possible by letting us use single objects to do the 6-paw and such. I am so relieved. Of course, that will mean I will continue the game, doing the HOS every hour on the hour - or near enough - to get money back in again. I sold so many things to get objects that I could craft, which I can now sell.

And that will also mean bad news to my friends who were hoping to get all my objects. I will, of course, still gift my friends, but I am now BACK IN THE GAME !!

ETA: WolfenRaindancer, I am so sorry things just don't work out for you. The game with your A Zen Wolfen is still working though, and you are still playing that game?

Edited on 05/13/2014 at 6:28:34 PM PST

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on May 13, 14 6:30 PM
WRD,
Now that they don't have all the players screaming at them I hope they will be able to focus on you and the few others who've had these horrible ongoing problems to see if there's some way to salvage things. You've been more than patient.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on May 13, 14 6:31 PM
Valdy wrote:Those items no longer needed could always be sold.

I just went into the game, and looked at my last 2 quests on level 21. I am close to tears. I cannot thank Elephant Games enough for making the impossible possible by letting us use single objects to do the 6-paw and such. I am so relieved. Of course, that will mean I will continue the game, doing the HOS every hour on the hour - or near enough - to get money back in again. I sold so many things to get objects that I could craft, which I can now sell.

And that will also mean bad news to my friends who were hoping to get all my objects. I will, of course, still gift my friends, but I am now BACK IN THE GAME !!

Oh yeah, I'm going to sell something that cost 2340 to craft (not to mention the stamps involved) for 515.

Urania66
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Urania66 on May 13, 14 6:39 PM
Wow! They finally realised it was getting tiresome. And, voala! No more never ending artefacts. I believe I will finally finish 21st level that only this morning seemed to be eternal.
Thanks, gays !

Urania66
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Urania66 on May 13, 14 6:48 PM
And for those who experience problems with the update, go to "options" on your Big Fish App (upper right corner), select Downloads, than select "Manually - Check for updates". Big Fish app will then ask to upload the latest version of itself, and then it will download the update for Midnight castle.
Good luck!

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on May 13, 14 6:50 PM
Yes, the second game ( A Zen Wolfen ) appears to be working fine. And I think I will still keep concentrating on that one.

The main game is easier now, but we will still need wish lists, and gifts, and I do have a faint hope that somehow, someone, will be able to fix it. Without updated friend's wish list, I can only gift what y'all had listed on April 22...I have three turtle eggs, as well as others, and can't share them because of this. But I am happy for the rest of you, and glad those of you who had quit are willing to return and try again

Liz

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on May 13, 14 7:14 PM
I think everyone will be happy for future players although anyone that spent a good amount of money on diamonds to get through tricky bits has a right to be a bit annoyed.

I guess the lesson is do not spend money on this game!
Just walk away and come back when they make things easier

mariee7
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by mariee7 on May 13, 14 7:14 PM
I just updated now game is frozen and I cant play

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on May 13, 14 7:35 PM
Urania66 wrote:
Thanks, gays !

Don't you mean "guys"? lol

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on May 13, 14 7:47 PM
I understand the feelings of those who've spent real money to get through the repetitive multilevel crafting in order to complete the bow figurine, six paw, and pirate standard, but I for one am grateful for this latest modification to these difficult areas. This kind of multilevel crafting could have been better used at the very end of the game where a "big reveal" could take place and provide a satisfying end to the story. We're still literally just in the middle of the game as it stands now. With more areas to open up, they could always throw in more difficult tasks and scatter them throughout rather than the way it was all piled up in one scene (Mirror Lake). I know I've complained enough and just want to say "thank you" to Big Fish and Elephant for keeping me from leaving like I was going to in a couple of days. I want FUN when I play a game, not FRUSTRATION. Now with the frustration level reduced, the fun factor has returned for me. I think a lot of players will return too.

pjmatt
Clownfish
Clownfish
523 Posts

[Post New]by pjmatt on May 13, 14 8:03 PM
thank goodness the update sure saved my sanity, what was left.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on May 13, 14 8:24 PM
I, like a few others have completed the last update before this update/fix came out.

Not only did I get to Level 24 without spending real money on diamonds, I also spent loads of time and coins crafting and gifting out 16 Soul Selectors just this past week and a half (amongst other big items). It seemed long tiresome, but was determined to get through it and help as many players as I could.

You would think I'd be upset that I went through all that just for the update to make it super easy. In actuality, I'm really happy. Happy that the rest of you can get through the quests without unnecessary frustration (I was worried we'd be losing more wonderful people on this forum). And best of all a few players decided to stay.

Congratulations! The call to arms has ended. The battle has been won!

Silver Hawk

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on May 13, 14 8:43 PM
silver_hawk wrote:
Not only did I get to Level 24 without spending real money on diamonds, I also spent loads of time and coins crafting and gifting out 16 Soul Selectors just this past week and a half (amongst other big items). It seemed long tiresome, but was determined to get through it and help as many players as I could.

You would think I'd be upset that I went through all that just for the update to make it super easy. In actuality, I'm really happy. Happy that the rest of you can get through the quests without unnecessary frustration (I was worried we'd be losing more wonderful people on this forum). And best of all a few players decided to stay.

Thank you for your gracious reply. I hope others who are where you are in the game and who've done what you did, can see themselves as being happy now instead of disappointed (or angry, etc.) in how "easy" the update has made the game. My point is how many others in the game, like myself, you've all helped with your gifts and encouragement and *that* should mean something too...that it's all *appreciated* by the rest of us.

[Post New]by Arizona63Tucson on May 13, 14 8:46 PM
I installed the new update ,but , before I could install it they had to update the game manager . This new update didn't fix the flower and coins not getting credited if I'm in the Frozen Garden . Now I only go for the HOS .

moxiemoll
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by moxiemoll on May 13, 14 9:09 PM
Wow super easy now. Can't believe I've been in the middle of my bow figurine quest for the last 2 weeks and was able to finish it in less than 2 minutes tonight!!! Woo hoo. No more stress over the bow figurine, six paws, but what am I going to do with my little red bug??? lol. I'm so loving this game now. Well, I did before, but now it's made life a little more easier!

Carina7600
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by Carina7600 on May 13, 14 9:38 PM
Cool news I mean, I won all the Bow stuff from the Wheel, or traded, but happy for the others, who have to open those areas to finish quest.

Best wishes,

Karin

[Post New]by grannykaren1999 on May 13, 14 10:00 PM
Now I'll get serious about getting to level 21 and 22. I've been stalling because I've been afraid to start the merry-go-round of six paws and bow figurines. Still it's a bummer for the ones that went through it. They should gift you some diamonds or something.

Go to: