Oh dear me!

KittChaos
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

Re:Oh dear me!

[Post New]by KittChaos on May 14, 14 5:40 PM
Perhaps we can toss an idea the developers' way -- maybe the very first time you encounter the Bow Figurine (and perhaps such puzzles in the future that have yet to be revealed) they can be very, very tough -- almost as if you are 'unlocking' them, but then repeat encounters have something of a 'lite' version that's easier. That way the complexity that players want is still there, along with the sense of accomplishment for conquering a hard puzzle, but the round and round and round again frustration that upset players is absent.

Just a thought.

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on May 14, 14 5:46 PM
Kitt, I think they may need to do it the other way around, easier first and then sneak up on you with the hard stuff. That way you figure, I can handle this, and then you've got one extra task, and then a couple of extra craftings, and up to the full blown BF, 6-paw, and pirate standard in one quest from Pete. I think we lost a bunch of people after the first BF the old way.
Umm, did I really just suggest that from Pete? I was only joking! Really I was. Please don't.... NOooooo.

[Post New]by llaurelwreath on May 14, 14 6:07 PM
I was still slogging through my 4th or 5th bow figurine when I downloaded the new update. I was starting to lose heart over it and getting bored. I'm not sure that I would have totally walked away from MC but I was starting to look at other games and for the last week only spending an hour or so playing MC. I was both happy and shocked when I went into the bow figurine tonight and found that the 2 quests I was on were suddenly able to be over. Now what to I do with all of the stuff I collected for the old bow figurine? I am happy that our developers and BFG are keeping an eye out for our needs.

rnmom
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by rnmom on May 14, 14 6:19 PM
Thanks for your comments everyone. I actually had already reached the end of the content 2 weeks ago so I got to enjoy the full Bow Figurine challenge.

I actually am only a part time player. I do have a full time job (surgical nurse) and am the full time mom of a Special Needs child. Both are stressful, so the Castle is a place I visit to unwind. That being said, I'm still a high challenge and delayed gratification kind of girl! I understand that we all play for different reasons and enjoy different kinds of challenges. I will miss it, but I know that's a personal opinion!

I will be thankful when Salty will speak to me again! See you in the Castle!

[Post New]by D_M_N_1 on May 14, 14 6:39 PM
Stuck on SALTY saying he will only be able to talk to me after the update. No where to go. Spent lots of money on this game -- this is not good.

[Post New]by milliemaltese on May 14, 14 6:41 PM
I agree with most all the remarks above. I'm proud to have reached level 24 the hard way and actually feel sorry for those of you who won't know that feeling of triumphant satisfaction that goes along with getting it done and watching that # increase by your name.
That said, yes, the repetitive bow figurines were hard, frustrating, occasionally boring, etc. Some changes needed to be made. I hope with time the Devs can strike a happy medium. We should also keep in mind that with every game, as you move up in levels, the challenges become harder. There is no sense of achievement in just breezing thru something, and achievement is part of the fun.
Since I'm waiting for the bartender "Salty" to speak to me, I'm looking forward to moving forward. Remember, this isn't a race. I'm looking forward to playing this game for years as the town grows, new areas and challenges are unlocked, etc. I'd also like to add that I've made some great friends in the game, had a lot of fun in the forum, and , except when yelling at the Bow Figurine and 6 Paws (who only has 4) I've had GREAT FUN and expect to have more. Kit and Millie

Edited on 05/14/2014 at 6:46:11 PM PST

JennyThorn
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by JennyThorn on May 14, 14 6:43 PM
Pagan,
You are truly one of the trail blazers I spoke of in another post. Your calm and inspired approach to the paths ahead kept me from quitting. I am usually a part time player with a full and busy household. I spent my week's vacation on the BF, I don't really have the time anymore to tackle it again. So, thank you to you and all the " battle" crew that kept me laughing thru the tedious tasks ( handles were the bane of my existence) and thank you for taking an enlightened viewpoint on the update.

Blessed be

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on May 15, 14 3:56 AM
Well said, Pagan, I totally agree

gernespieler
Catfish
Catfish
1,615 Posts

[Post New]by gernespieler on May 15, 14 5:07 AM
Pagan,
I just can say that I had the same thoughts about the reasons for making the bow figurine etc. easier and - like you - I am sure that the new update will have again challenges. I am on level 24 and through all bow figurines/six paws and this was my own decision, but I will in no way ask for a quick update. The developers at Elephant need enough time for their job to let us have a wonderful update that we enjoy to play

mizzelle
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by mizzelle on May 15, 14 6:44 AM
I like a challenge as much as anyone, but I don't like being utterly demoralized every time I think I'm making progress. I for one welcome the update with a hale and hearty and a warning not to play dice in the inn...

[Post New]by tigress1_2u on May 15, 14 6:57 AM
On behalf of us so called "Trail Blazers"!

I would like to say ....that I used over 200 gems to get as far as I did. It would be very nice and appreciated if I was to be compensated at least half of the gems that I
used.
So the players behind us are still going forward with the game and going through it a lot faster.
If not it doesn't hurt to ask!

My opinion anyway!

Aaron

Edited on 05/15/2014 at 10:04:58 AM PST

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on May 15, 14 7:54 AM
Aaron.....I totally agree with you. I made several diamond purchases for one of my games because I was so tired of the slow progress with the Bow Figurine. Now it seems that those purchases were totally wasted since you can fly through the upper levels thanks to the changes in the update. I feel that they should be issuing refunds to players for this.

[Post New]by sheilamilo on May 15, 14 8:13 AM
Pagan, thanks so much for letting us know things are better/easier. I am SOOOO happy that I don't need to quit plating (have a job, a family, and other obligations).

I loved being able to come in and play an hour or two, and make some progress. Looks like I got my game back!!!

HotLily
Herring
Herring
325 Posts

[Post New]by HotLily on May 15, 14 8:51 AM
Thank you Pagan Twilight, I think you're spot on and said it much better than me!

Freya

eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,821 Posts

[Post New]by eastendteddy on May 15, 14 2:18 PM
awsome as always Miss Pagan ... you are always the light at the end of a very dark tunnel for us ,, I know been with the game since day one WAYYYYYYY back in Jan.2014 lol seems like a life time.
What and how you explain things is right on the money I just hope everyone takes the time to read not only your posts but all of them.
Yes I am one of the oldies here and yes did some heavy venting, crying, screaming, was so P***D off almost walked away several times, but stuck it out for the love of this game.
I still have a few vents but less than before part of life right.
I add the thank you to BF and EL. for working so fast at coming up with tep. solution to stop (as Pagan said) the bleeding and I know as an artist my self ~~~ it takes time lots of it if you want a perfect picture and I know this game is in the baby steps * we just have to learn * to give the DEV"S the time to walk then run, and do you know who will be the winners in all of this??* US * think about that .
BF , EL., and DEV"S keep up the good work * don't let us down or as you know you will hear about it ,,, forum keep up the suggestion and your gripes as we found out they do listen HAPPY GAMES ALL

Lilabelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
516 Posts

[Post New]by Lilabelle on May 15, 14 4:03 PM
Thank you Pagan for being a voice of reason.

Go to: