angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Grim Tales: The Vengeance Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by angelfish106 on May 17, 14 12:27 AM
Since switching to Win7 from Vista, every game from this developer runs slow and jerky on my PC Makes the game virtually unplayable.

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Grim Tales: The Vengeance Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by annettemclarney on May 17, 14 6:28 AM
Finished the trial period but game froze Game Manager had to restart my computer to shut down program. Not able to get back into this game and it says I still have 60 mins left to play. Not very heartening so far if I have trouble with the trial version what will the full version be like? I'll try and delete then reload this game and see if that fixes the problem but I don't hold much hope for that. Deleted and reloaded game won't play now no matter what. Game Manager doesn't recognize trial period over and won't re-launch game now.

Edited on 05/17/2014 at 1:46:40 PM PST

kangoods
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by kangoods on May 17, 14 8:43 AM
I just bought this game. Everytime I try to log in it kicks me back off and onto game manager. If I can not play it I would like to have my money back please, tired of all the game crashes from BFG lately.

spii
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

I can't open the fire place with grate handle

[Post New]by spii on May 17, 14 10:53 AM
pondprowler wrote:A thread for your tech issues!

(Please note: I am not a tech expert, I'm just posting this thread to help give a place for people having trouble to post their issues. Instead of PMing me with your questions, which I probably can't answer, please POST YOUR ISSUE or questions in this thread!
Thanks!
~pp)

iamchani
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by iamchani on May 17, 14 11:57 AM
The game plays, but my gosh, I feel like its in slow motion. I just can't play when a game does that. My operating system is windows 8.1. I'll wait for some help and then buy the game.

melGB
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by melGB on May 17, 14 12:04 PM
Hi there!

I have just purchased the game today and I'm having the same problem, I cannot cut the branch because I have no machete. Looks like a fault in the game so will have to contact BF for advise.

[Post New]by ctreon on May 17, 14 12:56 PM
I can't find the purple crystal to finish the crown amulet. Have read and reread the strategy guide. I can't get any further in the game and I'm just in Chapter 2. Please help!

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on May 17, 14 1:25 PM
ctreon wrote:I can't find the purple crystal to finish the crown amulet. Have read and reread the strategy guide. I can't get any further in the game and I'm just in Chapter 2. Please help!
It should have been right at the start, in the cobwebs under the little fountain outside. Is it not there?

[Post New]by ctreon on May 17, 14 1:46 PM
I started the game as a new game and found it right away. Maybe it was just a glitch in mind or machine. Thanks for the help

Please post your TECH ISSUES for Grim Tales: The Vengeance Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by greycatmolly on May 17, 14 2:12 PM
pondprowler wrote:A thread for your tech issues!

(Please note: I am not a tech expert, I'm just posting this thread to help give a place for people having trouble to post their issues. Instead of PMing me with your questions, which I probably can't answer, please POST YOUR ISSUE or questions in this thread!
Thanks!
~pp)

[Post New]by empathydragon on May 18, 14 7:29 AM
I was almost finished (92% done) at the point in the tower when I had released the sister when this game crashed with a message saying ...

Application encountered unrecoverable error and unable to continue. Details listed below ...

So disappointing as I was thoroughly enjoying the game! Hoping that it is a glitch that re-installing will fix or that the techs can fix.

I have Dr Felix Results file ready to send through but I will un-install and reinstall the game first.

[Post New]by cadescovelady on May 18, 14 4:06 PM
THANK YOU to whoever suggested this: I exited and restarted and there was the darn machete! There have been SOOO many tech issues lately I about lost it on this. Sqiurrilly cursors, crashes et al. Somebody at quality control is asleep at the switch. In the past, I've had wonderful tech help from customer service, but when you see dozens of people complaining of the same issues and you can't get 5 minutes into a trial without going nuts, gameplay becomes a CHORE rather than a relaxation time. This is supposed to be FUN. Please bring back whoever was in charge a year ago. Thanks for listening.

Edited on 05/18/2014 at 8:05:24 PM PST

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on May 20, 14 3:11 PM
JulieJay wrote:Can't play - really slow and jerky movements

I would like to say a big thank you to 1misssam for suggesting I deselect the special effects. The game now runs perfectly.

[Post New]by c_starr on May 20, 14 4:17 PM
tillybaby wrote:Maybe it's just me but I would like to know if anyone else has encountered this problem and if they managed to fix it,

I am in chapter 3 near a bad tempered gargoyle and a branch across the road which apparently I have to use my machete on to chop it up but I don't have a machete anymore so mission is impossible. Up until this happened I was really enjoying the game,

Anyway I will wait and see if anyone else has the same

Thank you.

I am having the same problem and don't want to start over again - I am hoping for a solution so0n.

Piece of Glass from the Gate Grim Tales: The Vengeance Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by zenmomma on May 24, 14 8:46 PM
Anyone else click on the piece of glass and then garden opens and voila - no piece of glass in your inventory and no way to go back and get it? Need it for the painting and don't really want to start all over...but I will by god, I will if necessary.

harmony
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by harmony on May 25, 14 12:21 PM
Still can not use the handle on the fireplace to get the glass grapes. It is not worth playing the game all over again but I did pay the extra money for the collectors edition and now can't finish the bonus.

squonk40
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by squonk40 on May 26, 14 6:04 AM
tillybaby wrote:Maybe it's just me but I would like to know if anyone else has encountered this problem and if they managed to fix it,

I am in chapter 3 near a bad tempered gargoyle and a branch across the road which apparently I have to use my machete on to chop it up but I don't have a machete anymore so mission is impossible. Up until this happened I was really enjoying the game,

Thank you.

squonk40
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by squonk40 on May 26, 14 6:05 AM
you don't use your machete to get rid of the gargoyle you have to find the dynamite and use it on him

Regards

Jeff

Janeypat
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by Janeypat on May 26, 14 4:42 PM
Yet another game with issues -BFG -get things sorted -thats if you ever read these comments - I am so bored of poor games can you recomend another game site that does deliver games that play

[Post New]by alsnyder3rd on May 26, 14 7:41 PM

Thank you.

Same problem. It effectively ends the game. I tried the "Reset Fix" someone suggested, that said I would have the Machete in my inventory upon completion. I have nothing in my inventory now, because the game did what I told it to do... It reset itself at the beginning! I'm at the very start again... What a P.I.A. I'm using the latest version of Mavericks if that's any help.

Go to: