Frezo
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Tales of Terror: House on the Hill Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Frezo on May 18, 14 5:21 AM
Hi I would like to buy the game, but I am unsure because of the Tech issues here.
Is this more a Problem of Windows Gamer or also a MAC issue? I am playing on a Mac an in the Trail I did not have any problems yet. So I am just wondering.
Thanks you all

phizz
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Tales of Terror: House on the Hill Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by phizz on May 18, 14 7:44 AM
On a new Mac running latest system. I got to the second floor on the elevator and can't move forward. The hint says to go to the elevator panel, but I can't. The only way I can go is back and there's nothing to do.

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on May 18, 14 8:15 AM
peeshee_1951 wrote:Same exact problem as Jaxgirl. Unrecoverable error, unable to continue. Tried to go back in twice and it just shuts down. First game I've bought in forever from BFG and it's back to the same old problems that made me drift away almost a year ago. Not a darn thing wrong with my computer, I'm up to date. Sad to have a game crash on you when you're almost to the end. I purchased the CE and I would like to finish the whole thing and bonus, achievements, etc. Sigh. Will be sending an email for a refund.

Yeah, me too so I thought I'd come here and see what was happening. Glad it's not just me. It's very disappointing when you get to the end of the game and this happens. There's no way in ** I'm reloading and starting over and if this isn't fixed, then I won't be buying from this developer again.

Edited on 05/18/2014 at 8:15:33 AM PST

nyc240
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

Very Poor Programming

[Post New]by nyc240 on May 18, 14 9:34 AM
This game plays so sluggishly it's painful. The longer you play the slower the transitions. The cursor moves with a great deal of lag. DEFINITELY NOT A CE!!! BFG should reimburse those of us who purchased this junk.

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on May 18, 14 10:38 AM
I had just released the knights sword from his fingers and boom..."application encountered unrecoverable error, unable to continue." Kicked out to main menu and decided to check here. I had noticed earlier in the game the jerky cursor, which seemed to worsen as the game progressed. By the time this game booted me out, the cursor was getting harder and harder to control and I remember saying to myself their is no way their is something wrong with my computer. I am running Win8.1, have a NVidia card for games, more than enough ram at 10 with nothing else running. All of my programs/hardware are up to date and the game is being run in Administrator mode.
I just hope that when and if a fix is put out that 1: A notification actually comes up in the GM (since some do and some don't); 2: I do not have to return to start to complete the game AGAIN. I've already done that and was very close to the end of the bonus section. Game wasn't trilling enough to make me want to play again.
Hopefully, I have better luck with the other game I purchased.

jakeybubby
Clownfish
Clownfish
585 Posts

[Post New]by jakeybubby on May 18, 14 11:58 AM
can not get the hands of the knight to open very maddening as I have spent the money and time on a ce on the one day off I have and can not finish something I started

celticwolf55
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by celticwolf55 on May 18, 14 1:53 PM
Glad to know the "unrecoverable error" in the last few minutes was not my computer, but oh!, wait. It must be our computers, because it always is. We must be running bad programs, or are not up to date on our Adobe Acrobat, or Shockwave, or our browser cache needs emptying, or better yet, our Game Manager quit working and must be reinstalled, or our firewall must be getting in the way of just the last few minutes of the game download, or, or, or, REALLY!!!!! I didn't buy this just because it was on sale, I bought it so I could play it. How charming, get to the last section of the main game and ZOWIE! BAM! POW!...no more game. I do grow exceedingly tired of this sort of thing. Yes, BFG, I am having a tech issue. No, it is not my computer, it is the game. PERIOD.

lolaluv
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by lolaluv on May 18, 14 7:36 PM
Same issue here. Runtime error in the bonus chapter right after I finished the HOG by the tree. This is the third CE in the last few months that has barfed in the bonus chapter. Why pay more when you can't play more? Seriously evaluating other game sites as the quality here just seems to be slipping away, and I buy a LOT of games (more than I like to admit).

Whoffa57
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Whoffa57 on May 18, 14 9:28 PM
Cant finish game - booted me out after I covered the spider with the bell.
It just quit. Unrecoverable error! Never had this problem.

Any answers?????

AussieMoo
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by AussieMoo on May 19, 14 3:18 AM
I've logged it to Customer Support with a Dr Felix & would encourage others too as well while we're waiting.

[Post New]by b2small2 on May 19, 14 7:23 AM
I got to the bonus game, and was unable to pick up the sideboard to the ladder.

A1psyko
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

Interesting

[Post New]by A1psyko on May 19, 14 10:14 AM
I played the entire game with no issues. Because I missed some of the achievements and didn't find all the hearts I started over (created a new name).
Now I am having the same crashing issues as the others. Game played just fine until I get to the end in the tower and I can't go any further. Was doing great with the achievements and hearts but now I can't go further and I do not want to start over. The game is fun but not enough fun to start over because of game technical issues. Hope there is a fix or I want my money back.

SoHoGirl
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by SoHoGirl on May 19, 14 11:00 AM
I also had the same problem in the final scene. I got an unrecoverable error message and the game crashed. I sent in a DrFelix Report but have not heard anything yet. I spent two game credits on this game and feel like I just wasted two months of waiting to buy a game for nothing. Really not a happy camper right now. I would like my two credits back unless there is a fix!

UPDATE: 5/20/14

I received and email from Big Fish Tech support with a Game Coupon code to get a either a new Collectors Edition game of my choice, or I could wait until a fix came out for this game. I got the credits and happily have a brand new game to play.

Big Fish Tech Support has always been great to me!

Edited on 05/20/2014 at 12:06:53 PM PST

[Post New]by dolilikestoplay on May 19, 14 12:34 PM
My charakters are "voiceless". Is that right???
It`s frustrating!!!

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on May 19, 14 12:40 PM
I did go ahead and check everything for updates, uninstalled reinstalled game. Got to the same spot and the exact same thing happens. Unrecovereable error or some such nonsense. I ran a Dr Felix and sent it in 'just in case' there's something I missed after doing this at BFG's request quite a few times. Am waiting for their response and a refund if they can't fix it right away. I'm not going to wait for months to see if there's a fix...sigh

SoHoGirl
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by SoHoGirl on May 19, 14 1:37 PM
peeshee_1951 wrote:I did go ahead and check everything for updates, uninstalled reinstalled game. Got to the same spot and the exact same thing happens. Unrecovereable error or some such nonsense. I ran a Dr Felix and sent it in 'just in case' there's something I missed after doing this at BFG's request quite a few times. Am waiting for their response and a refund if they can't fix it right away. I'm not going to wait for months to see if there's a fix...sigh

Thanks for letting me know this. I was going to try all over again....but since you posted that you did and got the same error I am not going to bother with it. I am 92% done and got the error message. I have been really lucky with BFG and they have always done right by me, so I am holding out for a fix or a return of my two game credits I wasted!

Edited on 05/19/2014 at 1:39:08 PM PST

[Post New]by feenix2011 on May 19, 14 6:47 PM
Glad to see I am not the only one having problems with the cursor. I even just rooted through my "Junk Drawer" looking for spare batteries thinking it was my mouse. Nope!! Just as jumpy and floaty as before. It was fine for quite a while, but now all of a sudden as another gamer has mentioned, the further into the game, the worse the cursor gets. What a shame. I was having a real good time with this game and loved the story and the house. Kinda reminded me of Stephen King's "Rose Red", with the house constantly changing and all that. Oh well, hope all the glitches get fixed before I try to finish this one. BF really has changed for the worst since I became a member in 2008. I'm really disappointed.

feenix

GimmeAHint
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by GimmeAHint on May 19, 14 7:56 PM
I can download the game but it won't run for me. I'm using a MacBook Air running Maverick 10.9.2.

chicabees
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by chicabees on May 20, 14 1:00 AM
I have the same problems with chrasing game and errors right after releasing the girl from the web.

[Post New]by Tutta2 on May 20, 14 1:23 AM
I have the same problems as the rest of you. Any solusions?

Go to: