Re:Welcome to Insider Tales: Stolen Venus forum

[Post New]by schecterguy07 on Aug 31, 09 11:52 PM
I also have windows vista. I downloaded Be a King because i had played it on my cousin's laptop, who has windows xp. works like a champ there but, i keep getting the error: "Hardware failed to switch to the specified mode". Is this my computer or is this game not intended for playing on vista? I am not the best at figuring these things out on my own.

peach23
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by peach23 on Oct 16, 09 10:29 PM
I have to agree with someone who said they couldn't see the objects even after using the hints. On one page, where you're supposed to put everything back so the two sides match, the hint didn't work for the last item, and it took me forever to find where it went. One of the most difficult games I've ever played. I wound up hinting my way thru many pages, and I only played the one hour demo. NOT on my Christmas list. Green coins. Red dice. Items that can't be found by their outline OR by looking at every inch of the page. "Invisible" items you can't see after the game points them out. OUCH! I need something for the headache from the eyestrain now.

jovipookie
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by jovipookie on Nov 15, 09 2:42 AM
While playing the demo the game crashed twice on me when trying to load the first town to investigate. I'm not going to try to play it anymore. Too many other games to try.

[Post New]by danderson12345 on Sep 21, 10 3:18 PM
how do u get the pieces of wood inti the box

moetoole
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by moetoole on Mar 20, 11 9:24 AM
by peach23 on Oct 16, 09 10:29 PM
I have to agree with someone who said they couldn't see the objects even after using the hints. On one page, where you're supposed to put everything back so the two sides match, the hint didn't work for the last item, and it took me forever to find where it went. One of the most difficult games I've ever played. I wound up hinting my way thru many pages, and I only played the one hour demo. NOT on my Christmas list. Green coins. Red dice. Items that can't be found by their outline OR by looking at every inch of the page. "Invisible" items you can't see after the game points them out. OUCH! I need something for the headache from the eyestrain now.

No kidding. Definitely a "miss" for me

Freka
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

[Post New]by Freka on Jun 1, 11 3:46 PM
I've wasted 34 minutes of my hour free trial waiting for the game to come to where I can sign in. Like others have complained, the screen looks as if it is one of those games where you swap tiles, but, of course, you can't. No way to begin it. Too bad, because Stolen Venus 2 and Casanova both open fine.

Since this was complained about as early as 2009 and nothing has been done about it, I guess the developers aren't interested in anyone using it past XP. I have the 32-bit version of Vista, not the 64-bit, so that is not the problem.

Just tried running it in XP compatability mode and get the same junky graphics.

Edited on 06/01/2011 at 3:51:00 PM PST

merediffy
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by merediffy on Sep 3, 11 10:22 AM
I like the game, but the items were VERY well hidden. Hidden enough I couldn't find them without using a bunch of hints. Also, some items are so small I'd have to have perfect eyesight (which I don't) to be able to see them, and even when I used a hint, I still had problems seeing what I was looking for.

It's not a buy for me.

Go to: