Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Hope Lake here

[Post New]by plywood on May 25, 14 7:51 AM
I tried the demo, and thought it pretty interesting, but I shouldn't of bought it. I got stuck on the level of the shed entrance, and there was nothing to do there. I am thinking that I should ask for a refund.

Hope Lake

[Post New]by deeb424 on May 28, 14 5:39 PM
I've read some of the reviews and am surprised. This is actually the first game in a long time that is worthy of really playing through. 6 hours....I'm past that. I enjoy the themes of the game tooso I try to follow the story line. This one is full of zigzags and its a lot of play, I love it.

The game gets * * * * * (5 Stars)

Tufty57
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by Tufty57 on May 29, 14 4:26 AM
This feels like another dig-up from the past. Missing girls, cloaked figure, but set in reality, not fantasy. It is constantly raining so everything is dull and dismal, little effort wasted on colour here!

Gameplay is straightforward. Simple HOSs which are also dismal. I just used the flashlight all the time! Some items mis-named, which is frustrating. Simple puzzles. If you find something you can't do yet, don't worry - a pick-up or HOS will be along in a second.

There is some back-tracking so the jumpable map is useful. HOSs are visited twice.

Music is repetitive and just awful.

I might have stuck with this for the story, though I can already make a good guess at whodunnit. I could turn the sound off, brighten my screen settings, but why should I? I am buying a whole package, not just some interactive pictures. This is a no buy for me. Try it for sure, You might disagree.

dccass
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by dccass on May 31, 14 11:06 PM
This is a great game. I had no problems with any glitches. It starts out kind of slow and I almost quit playing. But it gets better as you get more into the game. If you only played the demo you really can not judge the game because it takes longer than the demo to really get into it. It was challenging and the jump map is probably the most useful item in the game. If you get stuck go to the map and it shows where you are and places that things need to be done. Plus it really makes it easy to get around since this game has a lot of places to visit. It is dark and that is the way it was intended and why you have a flashlight to use. I did not have any waiting between scenes like some others mentioned and would have to say that it is not the game but rather their computer must have a slow graphics card, CPU, or not enough RAM.
Overall I would give it 4 to 4.5 stars out of 5.

Edited on 05/31/2014 at 11:07:19 PM PST

[Post New]by AudiOj on Jun 7, 14 3:08 PM
I did not experience any of the technical glitches that others have reported during my game play.

I enjoyed playing the game and only got stuck once but found help in this forum. It was your typical hidden object game and my only major complaint is something others have brought up already, the odd names for many of the items in the hidden object scenes.

kiddopal
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by kiddopal on Jun 13, 14 8:31 AM
This game is excellent. More like a CE. I played on the hard level and really liked the challenge. Since I skip only when I am really stumped, this was a long game for the money.

agbosche
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by agbosche on Jun 20, 14 12:29 PM
I just finished the game. Overall, it was fun. I kept going back to the map for quick transport. I had to keep in mind that in the HO scenes, some things were listed by another name but I got past that. I thought the entire game was well done.

zara137
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by zara137 on Jun 25, 14 7:56 PM
Many of the new games are very dark, even when I turn up my contrast or brightness, it is hard to see some areas - and sometimes objects blend in a little too well. I get confused because things are not always called by names I am used to. I don't have any screen changing issues but I have a very fast Internet, so maybe that helps. I really dislike the fact that most of these games, this one included, make you keep running back and forth to same places. There's no clue that tells you there's a HO scene about 3-4 scenes back - unless you get stuck and use hint button. All in all, it's not a bad game.

BlackWaterRules
Shark
Shark
10,153 Posts

[Post New]by BlackWaterRules on Jun 30, 14 2:23 PM

The creep factor is very high in this one. In the first few seconds of the game we see the body of a young woman, still alive and struggling, being dragged through the woods by a hooded figure. We learn that it is the second kidnapping and both young women attended the infamous Lake Hope Boarding School. A detective sets out on her own to find clues to the kidnappings and to try to rescue the young woman, if she is still alive. It is only a short time later that the shadowy hooded figure disables the detective's car in the deep woods where she is now stranded.

The sound is great in the beginning, intense with a promise of things to come, but after awhile it is so redundant and repetitive I had to shut it off. Voiceovers were realistic and very well done.

Graphics were excellent. Everything appeared realistic.

Hidden object games were fun and a little challenging, with well hidden objects that blended into the background. They were the list type, some interactive. Minigames were fun and challenging. You have to first find the correct objects necessary to begin the puzzle.

To assist in gameplay there is a hint button, a journal, an interactive map, and a briefcase to store the clues that you find.

zara137
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by zara137 on Jun 30, 14 9:15 PM
It would be really nice if the inventors of the game knew what the correct names of the objects are in the HO scenes. I had to use the help several times because the name just did not fit the item. The Hint isn't always very helpful but it is good for finding the direction you need to go. I think all games need a proof reader for the grammar. It was an enjoyable game though for the most part.

pcpat923
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

Mysterious, Adventurous - Love it!

[Post New]by pcpat923 on Jul 23, 14 6:28 AM
There seems to be a split either you love it or hate it. Too many games today are a cut and paste with lots of razzle dazzle and not much else primarily, a plot, meaning a good story line that plays out and is not told to gamers in the first few minutes of gameplay. Especially if gamers are accustomed to the glitz, this game may not immediately appeal. Hang in there and put on your thinking cap. This game is original as the real nuts and bolts of enjoyable pc gaming.

You are Kelly, a police detective and have been given a special assignment regarding disappearing women who all seem to have attended the same boarding school. Bravely, right out to the broken down and forgotten boarding school you go. Different scenes to search and that builds up your story, filling in the blanks of the why and who as well as adding more information regarding this mystery.

Though darker in some areas, this fit the game's mystique and the flashlight helped a great deal. Enjoyed the game very much! Thank you!

[Post New]by skoolbus1976 on Jul 28, 14 5:31 PM
I have to admit at first I was very frustrated with this game. I had a hard time finding the ladle and just wanted to give up. But I didn't, I prevailed. I find that with me I had to keep adjusting the setting from full screen to small screen, that was the only way in which I was able to find the ladle. I thoroughly enjoyed this game I would recommend it to anyone. It was a challenged but it was fun. Enjoy navigating myself through various parts of house. I hope my hint helped those out there who are still trying to find the ladle. Remember do not give up it is worth the effort to complete.

Go to: