peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

Re:Nancy Drew: Ghost of Thornton Hall

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on May 26, 14 7:48 AM
I bought this game a year or more ago at a Big Box Store when I had a credit. It's a great game that I remember. I'm a Nancy Drew lover though, so a little prejudiced. If you want an adventure game that will keep you busy for a few days, Nancy Drew will do that for you. No hand holding just using your noggin to get through it one step at a time. If I didn't already own the disc I would purchase it with no hesitation.

Asha28
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Asha28 on May 26, 14 8:37 AM
melGB wrote:Hi can anyone help please?

I bought the game but after a very long time down loading was messaged that Direct X has failed. I uninstalled then reinstalled but got same message. I have windows 8 and presumed I would have no problem down loading.
Any suggestions greatly received.

Thanks

Me too - any help greatly appreciated, thanks

[Post New]by leapfrog0202 on May 26, 14 9:49 AM
I think the Nancy Drew developers need to provide a free trial as all the other games do. I've never bought one because how do you know if you'd like it if you can't try it?

With the lack of BF support these days I am not buying something I can't try and then hoping I can get money back. No thanks.

Simba2009
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by Simba2009 on May 26, 14 11:13 AM
this game has a free demo on a android tablet and I have played it on my kindle.

[Post New]by Carol153 on May 26, 14 11:56 AM
I too am having problems with Direct X same as Asha 28 and melGB. have deleted the game and re-installed it

Please help

mmemubon
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by mmemubon on May 26, 14 12:06 PM
I donot care it is Nancy Drew or Super Drew, my money is inside my pocket, no try no buy.

tesamoine
Herring
Herring
387 Posts

[Post New]by tesamoine on May 26, 14 1:18 PM
I purchased this game from a different site almost a year ago. I can vouch it is a very very good game. Very scary, very creepy, and there is help available on walkthroughs on the internet. However, with the tech problems that are cropping up on BFG, especially the ones I'm reading with this game, I would personally be hesitant to purchase the game without a trial run. I have experienced tech problems with 3 games in the last 3 months, and one game from January, that still have not been fixed, despite the Dr. Felix, etc. etc. Just my 2 cents

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on May 26, 14 2:47 PM
I tried Nancy Drew in the past, despite there being no trial, and regretted it. Never again! For some reason, we just don't get along......not my type of game, but I know several members who will be delighted with this offering. Nice that BF occasionally offer something other than HO games. Oh - I always thought it was "The Ghost of Blackwood Hall" but I guess the games don't really have anything to do with the books.

stingstungme
Minnow
Minnow
216 Posts

[Post New]by stingstungme on May 26, 14 3:17 PM
It seems like 85% of the games that get released are HOG. So now people are moaning about how a HOG wasn't released on a certain day. Get it over.

A HOG wasn't released on Monday. Big deal. It isn't like you guys don't get 4 or 5 EVERY week. Those that like TM or Adventure games are lucky if they get 1 or 2 a month! I saw another thread where someone was complaining because the Thursday game wasn't an HOG.

I prefer games that are not HOG. Nancy Drew has stellar games. I've never had an issue with any of her games. I've played them on Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8.

BFG will issue you a refund if you bought a game and didn't like it. if you used a credit, they will give you a replacement credit.

There will always be a delay in when BFG or any other game site gets the game. The developer will most often always have it on their site exclusively for x amount of time. BFG will get the games when the developer says they can.

Nana5love, I'm actually kind of amazed you would drop BFG because you haven't been able to get your last punch the last 3 weeks.

The people who don't like HOG games have that problem every month. I only fill up my punch card a few times a year because the selection of games for my genres (TM, Adventure, Strategy) are so small. I go many months without filling the card.

When I do get my card filled it is because I held off on buying games until there was 3. I then bought them on bonus punch Monday.

Janeypat
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by Janeypat on May 26, 14 3:22 PM
So no trial - get the big file - but _ COME ON - are BFG feeling the pinch -where ARE the games - I have lost 3 coupons because just recently all games are old CE or/and have SO MANY PROBLEMS we spend our time reporting issues to you rather than playing the game
I am so tired of your limitations - Dr Felix -Tech Support _we all do it and you guys Never get back to Devs and get problems sorted
You have hooked us to your games and now you are leaving us to raise problems that BFG dont give a damn about
Once a great game site
Now just give games that play or dont bother - just take our money and run

Ticking
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Ticking on May 26, 14 3:58 PM
Just want to say that the occasional game like this one is the reason I continue to use this site. Most hidden objects games, although undoubtedly well produced and good to look at, have what seems to me, nonsensical and incoherent stories so I rarely buy them. I have played quite a few Nancy Drew games and usually enjoy them. This seems to be one of the best I have come across. Thanks for making it available at such a great price.

Janeypat
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by Janeypat on May 26, 14 4:18 PM
stingstungme
hate your message gamers have a right to say what they feel -dont judge everyone because the games are not what you want - move on find another game site

stingstungme
Minnow
Minnow
216 Posts

[Post New]by stingstungme on May 26, 14 6:25 PM
Janeypat wrote:stingstungme
hate your message gamers have a right to say what they feel -dont judge everyone because the games are not what you want - move on find another game site

Or you could take your own advice.

Tailteann
Clownfish
Clownfish
584 Posts

[Post New]by Tailteann on May 26, 14 8:58 PM
Love Adventure games, Love Nancy Drew so it's a perfect Sale Monday at BFG for me! I bought it + Black Rainbow...the only other Adventure game offered since I don't know how long.

We get soooo many HOG's, and most are all bright and shiny, all week, every week. HOG fans should be happy you're favorite games are so popular and frequently released.

catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

[Post New]by catbag8717 on May 27, 14 1:11 AM
greytgal wrote:I am so baffled by all these comments. I see nothing but HOG games on BFG day after day. Oh, I guess there are a few match three games (yikes, if you have played one, you have played them all...) and time management games (not very good at those, lol), but for the most part it is HOG after HOG. In fact, May 26, 25, 24 and 22 were all HOG games.
Maybe some of you should give a Nancy Drew game a chance---they are really fun and if you play on the amateur level I don't think they are crazy-hard. And there are great hint sites and walkthroughs available on the net.
IMO, even if you love, love, love, HOG games, the offerings lately have all been clones of each other.

I've got nothing against Nancy Drew games, I just want to try a game before I buy it.

catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

[Post New]by catbag8717 on May 27, 14 1:15 AM
Um, guys, I'm reading all your posts and I think we need to calm down a little.
Remember that everyone has their own opinion. No need to get all angry about it.

[Post New]by shelterhill on May 27, 14 1:56 AM
I'm not mad, but disappointed that BFG don't translate there games anymore.. I like to play my games in my own language, not that I cannot play them in English.. but the dutch versions would be more relaxing. I never understood why they quit translating them..

[Post New]by RenaissanceMom on May 27, 14 5:06 AM
mhatfie wrote:Oh Yay ! A Nancy Drew game !. What a nice surprise for a Monday. Love adventure games and Nancy Drew games. Can't wait to play this one.
Me too!! I used to always buy NDs in hard copy, but I stopped some time ago and prefer to download them from here. So this is new to me and I'm doing a happy dance!!! I get that many of you are disappointed with this release but I'm thrilled. I own hundreds of HOPAs already but LFA games here are really few and far between. So thanks, Big Fish!

Sorry to hear so many fishies experienced downloading problems. My computer is brand new as well but I made sure to buy one with Windows 7. So far, so good.

Edited on 05/27/2014 at 5:07:05 AM PST

Janeypat
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by Janeypat on May 27, 14 3:15 PM
sorry should not have said what i did without thinking first - you are right
stingstungme wrote:
Janeypat wrote:stingstungme

Or you could take your own advice.

[Post New]by silkhoney03 on May 28, 14 8:31 AM
To everyone who complains about the lack of a demo being offered, just go to another site. I tried the demo somewhere else. I also purchased this game when it was released... last year!!! I also bought the game after that and the one after that!!! P.S. Silent Spy is AWESOME!!!!

Go to: