Reviews for Agency 33

Desiree53
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

Re:Reviews for Agency 33

[Post New]by Desiree53 on Aug 10, 14 1:23 AM
Yay! I finally got the second key! Still don't know what to do about bridges.

moxiemoll
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by moxiemoll on Aug 10, 14 9:46 AM
Desiree53 wrote:Yay! I finally got the second key! Still don't know what to do about bridges.

Desiree, post in the forum to get help so others can see this. The bridges will unlock when you're able to access. This is after you banish the Trickster, you'll get your item that unlocks the bridge. AND then you have other tasks at the Mansion to complete before being able to unlock the bridge to the Alps. I think that is the sequence. It's been a long time since I started the game. But post in the forum for help!
by the way are you from nashville?

Desiree53
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by Desiree53 on Aug 10, 14 11:42 PM
I'm in Portland, Oregon, but I've lived in 28 states. I thought I was posting in the forum. This is kinda confusing......

Kapoho7
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by Kapoho7 on Aug 21, 14 5:46 PM
Spent a lot of time and some money on this game, and I am now questioning my decisions. This is a good game, but the Devs just can't keep up with updates that actually change things for the better. One update actually made things worse when the Achievements page went blank and now you can't collect your rewards!

I am done with this game. Big Fish and the Devs are more interested in the almighty buck instead of the enjoyment and ease of frustration for the players. Matter of fact, I may just stop using Big Fish all together and switch to another website that doesn't botch up their games so badly.

While a good game, and a definite peak of curiosity, this game is not worth you time and energy, and possibly even you money.

moonryu
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by moonryu on Aug 29, 14 4:35 PM
I have a mixed opinion about this game.

Its one of only ones of the 'free to play' games that in my opinion has decent storyline / plot. Which in my opinion is a must for this kind of game, you have to keep the players interested if you want to make money.

But where I have issues is that after a point, the items you have to create all require level 4 or 5 (stars) to make -- and not just 1 or 2 of these items but 4 to 5 of them (on average).

Being a math major, I calculated what it would take to get what you need to create the about 20 items I currently have to create to continue the storyline/game.

I am level 39 and maxed out on all HOS levels, so I have these HOS scene pretty much down pat on where stuff is so -- with a max of 290 energy and say you create 3 or 4 fruit baskets or fortune cookies a day, you get maybe 20 HOS scenes to play a day. Maybe another 2 or 3 if you use the recharge energy fast charms.

Here is the kicker -- with HOS rewards pretty much randomly generated getting a 4 or 5 star item is about 1 in 8 or 9 chance (with the stats I have gathered), which means if you are really lucky! enough level 4 or 5 items a day for you to create 2 of the items you need to progress the story/game.

And this assumes you have the Blessing of Nike which gives you 2 awards items for the HOS scene.

This is my single biggest frustration point and I am hoping that the developers 'listen' to the reviews and the wish list items and do something about the rewards generation.

Because -- a frustrated player/gamer is one that no longer plays the game. And if they don't play then they don't spend money on getting gems or other things. Which of course is where the developer / game company get their money.

A fun but frustrating game at times, I haven't given up on it yet but I am close. But I am not going to spend anymore money on it as I have reached my usual $ limit to do so for these kinds of games.

Of course the developers could do something about how much stuff costs too.

Someone in their accounting and marketing departments needs to look at how much people are buying before they simply stop and then no longer play. And FYI -- most games lose their players in the first 6 months (average shelf life of these kinds of games). So I would advise them to not wait too much longer.

[Post New]by MirthFun on Sep 1, 14 12:14 PM
Although a fun, addicting game, since the August 2014 update, my computer constantly crashes with Agency 33. I was on level 35 on a Windows 7 pc.

I cannot even load the game now that my computer is working again. : (

A fully developed, bug free game before I got invested in playing would have been nice...

[Post New]by gingerbread1 on Sep 3, 14 4:31 PM
THIS IS JUST A VERY BAD GAME!!!!!!!! NO ENDING, AND ALL TIME FOR
ONE TO PLAY IS JUST LOST!!!!

JUST VERY BAD!!!!!!!!!!!

shimmer66
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by shimmer66 on Sep 21, 14 9:56 AM
Uh ... makes me tired just looking through all the unhelpful negative posts.

Agency 33 is a great game if you like hidden object, play to have fun rather than to 'beat' anything or make a great score, and have at least a modicum of intelligence. The story-line is nice, but isn't the driving factor behind the game. Let's face it--it's not plot driven, so if you play to solve the mystery, Agency 33 probably isn't for you. Don't bother with it, and don't muck up the air with unhelpful negativity for those of us who don't care that it doesn't have an ending. It says up front, or at least clear enough that anyone who bothered finding out anything about it would know, that there is no ending. Stop fussing.

Hah. Ok, that said, there has been a lot of posts about glitching after the 09/17 update. I've experienced some of that myself, but haven't been inconvenienced in any substantial way. My sympathies to those who have been, but hey, most of us don't pay anything for it, and the company that makes it still has to pay all their hardworking employees. Give them a break and let them fix it. It's a terrific game.

That also said, I get to the real reason I was posting on this forum (sidetracked much? Sorry). That is to say:

I really like the new look for the anomaly rifts! Before, with the ring around it, it seemed a bit like a magical sewer manhole. Amusing, but not really charming. Now, it really does look like a magical rift in the world. Congratulations to the hardworking employee who thought that up--you did a great job.

I believe the ravens around Prometheus are new? Or at least the explanation line is different. I'm not sure I like it better than the old one, but it does explain it for those not well versed in that particular mythology. (By the way, the sardonic and/or dry humor that is sprinkled into the game is one of the reasons Agency 33 is even working its way to true competition with Awakening Kingdom in my book. I especially love the ones about the student loans and cloning.)

The new price for the five anomaly traps I'm not crazy about, but I was expecting a change of some sort there. Making anomaly traps was just way too easy before once you saved up the money for the formula. Perhaps something could be worked out for some sort of combination of items, rather than one four-star item? Although really, a four-star item isn't that much of a hassle as long as the parade of items at the end of a scene doesn't glitch when you try grab one.

shimmer66
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by shimmer66 on Sep 21, 14 10:05 AM
Hum, hum. Word limit--hit.

A number of the misnamed items have been fixed--some I noticed, some I didn't.

Another note on the game in general is that, if you have a problem with most hidden object games in that you memorize the location of items easily or catch the pattern in which they move, Agency 33 will keep up a level of challenge. The plot and map also advances at a rate swift enough that I haven't hit a spot where I'm overly familiar with all the scenes and getting bored. I've tried a number of free-to-play hidden object games and regular hidden object games, and Agency 33 definitely is in the number two slot. It might even make it up to the first, due to the fact that my energy bar on Awakening Kingdoms needs a couple days to recharge completely.

msbhavn66
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by msbhavn66 on Sep 21, 14 10:18 AM
Nicely said shimmer, however I am inconvenienced with the glitch. In order to meet a goal and progress, I need to get several of the "rewards" from two of the problem areas. It is very frustrating to start playing one, just to get stuck and have to back out and lose your energy plus get no reward. My complaint is I would just like to see a reply indicating they acknowledge their is an issue, and maybe an estimate on when they think they can deliver the bug fix. I really like the game. My fave WAS awakening kingdom until it kept resetting me to level 1 and I would lose all progress. After restarting like 8 times I finally gave up. It is super frustrating to lose progress, especially when you have spent your hard earned dollars on these games. So I am happy to say, although I am frustrated with the glitch that is currently occurring, at least I am not losing progress and can still play, although the play is limited.

shimmer66
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by shimmer66 on Sep 22, 14 9:54 PM
Yeah. I'm a little more annoyed with it glitching now after I lost a seven-day recovery charm to the glitch that resets all the active charms rather than just the one. I see they have an update available now though, so hopefully the glitching will be fixed.

[Post New]by garluna on Sep 24, 14 11:09 AM
Goodbye forever. After using 3000 energy to get 2 of 2 4 star ribbon and not succeeding, I'm calling it quits. The game is rigged for failure unless you spend cash to circumvent the play action.

aim4stars
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

Review for Agency 33

[Post New]by aim4stars on Sep 24, 14 12:45 PM
You only have to visit the Agency 33 game forum to learn that this game is full of technical issues. One the worst problems that developers will not address is not being credited with rewards you have paid for - or worked hard to win.
This is a game that has quests interspersed with hidden object scenes (HOS). There is a LOT of running around getting things and playing the same HOS over and over and over to try to get an item, then crafting something with it then giving the item to someone...
Like "Found" which is a pretty decent HOS, there are MOBs (floating creatures you have to banish using resources, in order to get rewards). In Agency 33, however, you banish the creature and win the reward but the item you win rarely appears in your inventory. This is infuriating.
You can imagine the frustration of doing all this and not being credited with the item you won!! Then going to the forum only to learn that this has been an issue for months and no one is bothering to fix it..
I uninstalled and stopped playing.
I am an experienced gamer but I Do NOT recommend this game at this time.

moonryu
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by moonryu on Sep 28, 14 8:24 AM
I completed the new content released in the 2nd update on Sept 22.

The new content (quests and HOSs) are excellent. And the graphics still impressive and beautiful. Thank you for taking the effort to make something pleasing the eye.

I being one of the 'sprinters' finished the new content in less than 6 days. Definately progressed the story, and I very interested to learn the rest of the mysteries of Agency 33.

So for now, back to waiting, building food/energy items, finding relics pieces (using the now vastly more expensive 5 anolmy trap items -- I think a 3 star item would be more appropriate for the cost than a 4 star item -- but that is just my opinion) and of course those rare 4 and 5 star items needed to construct the artifacts needed to progress.

Overall excellent update -- keep up the good work.

[Post New]by barbara034 on Sep 28, 14 8:29 PM
I LIKE THIS GAME AND TO THOSE WHO HAVE SPENT MONEY ON IT, IT IS NOT NECCESSARY. I AM ON LEVEL 36 AND HAVE NOT SPENT A DIME ON IT. THE ONLY PROBLEM I HAVE IS THAT IT ONLY GOES UP TO 290 ENERGY POINT. IT CAUSES A PROBLEM WHEN ONE OF THE SCENE NOW COST 60 ENERGY AND THEN THE ANNOMALIES ON TOP OF THAT YOU CAN ONLY PLAT\Y MAYBE 3 OR 4 SCENES. IF I HAVE TO KEEP STOPPING TO REPLAY MY ENERGY I USUALLY GO TO A DIIFERENT GAME FOR AWHILE AND THEN COME BACK LATER. HOPE THIS CHANGES??? NO GLITCHES THANK YOU!!!!!

klfrr
Clownfish
Clownfish
807 Posts

[Post New]by klfrr on Oct 4, 14 8:39 AM
I also enjoy this game. I'm on level 34 now. It's a game for those who are persistent and don't mind repetitiveness. I am most interested to see where the storyline goes. Unlike other FTP games, it has some adventure puzzles (figure out where to place items). The drag is as Barbara says, 290 energy points at a time does not get you far. But I can use my resources and craft energy to extend my play. Essentially played for free, so far. Many glitches have been fixed. No problems for me currently.

Edited on 10/04/2014 at 8:40:13 AM PST

Reviews for Agency 33

[Post New]by tedski0430 on Oct 25, 14 1:32 PM
Not worth time or money to play this game. Played the same scene for three times a day for three weeks and still haven't advanced. When you need four star item for creation, the scrolling bar doesn't have the four star item there so you are forced to keep playing the same scene in order to create and advance. And creation times over 24 hours is completely stupid, even 24 hours is stupid. Thank god it was free, I would never have paid for it. Going to give it one more week, if not, goodbye Agency.

raq8258
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by raq8258 on Oct 26, 14 5:49 PM
If it didn't crash so much and have so many in-game malfunctions, I would like it a lot more.

flakey1
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by flakey1 on Oct 29, 14 7:33 AM
Loved the game since the start, but I'm disappointed so far with the new update on 28th October. The rewards for playing the HOPs come in the form of a bottle which you select. I've yet to select anything other than a 1 star item!

Still to figure the wish list thing yet too.

Re:Reviews for Agency 33 beta version

[Post New]by neptuneseaqueen on Nov 6, 14 6:20 PM
Another communication to Niribu game that tells that the agents needs help in order to save the world. Ive been creating items such as eclipses & Northern lights that are applied to each of the rooms. Im on level 22 where i am told to construct many creations to the Shaman house to create a mask. I already constructed a chiron man in a boat that didnt take half as long as the mask. Since it takes too long to advance i think it isnt strong enough for windows 8. I may try it later when i upgrade windows. This is so becuase it feels as if i am connected to Niribu when playing and an odd thing is, when i construct a crystal whirlwind or a eclipse, things get eerie outside as it does seem to create a real weather change. Call it a trial game of sorcery, i have been trying to save Africa in the Shaman hut but have not enough information of exactly whats behind the curtain. Its a free game so i cant complain about any costs, since there are none....

Go to: