bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Myths of the World: Of Fiends and Fairies Collector's Editi

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Jun 7, 14 9:48 AM
Hey there Everyone,

I see that there have been some issues with a progression block in the game. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We are investigating this and will post about it shortly.

In the meantime, if you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Myths of the World: Of Fiends and Fairies Collector's Edit

[Post New]by Phoenix1123 on Jun 7, 14 9:49 AM
I am running iMac, OS X 10.9, and when I give the trapped owl to the fruit monger, the screen goes black, and the cursor echoes all over the screen, and software code appears all over the screen. I have never encountered an issue with this developer. Any ideas? Thanks Have uninstalled/installed. Edited to add this info.

Edited on 06/07/2014 at 9:50:55 AM PST

Oldgamer99
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Myths of the World: Of Fiends and Fairies Collector's Edit

[Post New]by Oldgamer99 on Jun 7, 14 10:54 AM
I think I've got it. First open the note and click on the X. This closes the window. Then open the ring again and you should have a hand to change the sigil and you should hear a 'ding' when you change it. Then open the note again and close it. THEN you should be able to click on the button and it 'takes'. What a mess.

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on Jun 7, 14 11:30 AM
You can add me to the lengthening list of those who are encountering problems changing the signet ring. I had tried a few of the solutions listed and kept clicking all over. Finally, the open the note - X out...change the ring - X out...finally select the ring worked for me. Hopefully, this does not continue when we need to use the next two.
It is just very frustrating that this happens after purchase and particularly on the weekend. I am very surprised that this was not an issue during beta testing since this is happening on both Windows and Mac computers.
Thank you to all the Fishies out there who put in the helpful solutions for all of us. Fingers crossed that it keeps on working. Have a great weekend all!

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Myths of the World: Of Fiends and Fairies Collector's Edi

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jun 7, 14 11:55 AM
Oldgamer99 wrote:I think I've got it. First open the note and click on the X. This closes the window. Then open the ring again and you should have a hand to change the sigil and you should hear a 'ding' when you change it. Then open the note again and close it. THEN you should be able to click on the button and it 'takes'. What a mess.

Thank you Finally I can move on with the game as this method worked for me. Well done for figuring it out

[Post New]by shel12528 on Jun 7, 14 1:04 PM
I have uninstalled this game 3 times and reinstalled still same problem with the rings . I dont know what else to do some help please.

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Jun 7, 14 1:15 PM
Hi everyone,

I guess I'm stupid !!! I'm playing the game until the famous ring. I'm having 3 signets, the crossbow ready (except for the signet on), and I couldn't change the first one. I did exactly as some smart fishies suggested but not way to change it !!!

Now, I'm installing again, maybe I didn't open-close the note as explained.

When I open the ring, somebody said we have a hand, is this for drag the signet 2 or 3???

Should I choose on the note the signet I want to use??? My ring is having the first one on it, and the 2 others waiting to be changed.

Please, if somebody send me PM, or explain AGAIN the way to continue, I truly appreciate it !

And please Mods , try to correct this horrible bug!

Have fun ,
A distressed Min

poggyapoo
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by poggyapoo on Jun 7, 14 2:22 PM
I am playing with no hints at all............and yes, you've guessed it.......the flamin' signets won't change! Really miffed as this game is excellent otherwise!

misnomer
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by misnomer on Jun 7, 14 2:26 PM
I also experienced the signet ring glitch, but closing the window with the 'x' then opening it up again worked for me.

Hadn't seen it mentioned, but now my signet ring in my inventory has no picture. If I hover my mouse over it, it still says signet ring, and I can select it to use, and/or change signets. But the thumbnail picture of the ring, in my inventory, is just a blank space.

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Jun 7, 14 2:28 PM
Well, I uninstalled and installed the game again, and I couldn't change the signet 2 for the 3rd one!

I'm truly so frustrated, I like the game, but I need to do this item before to continue.

Please Eipix an BFG, try to fix this problem soon!

Thank you in advance,
Minesita

[Post New]by bassets3 on Jun 7, 14 3:10 PM
I found another solution for the ring. I started over and loaded the second signet symbol first and then the first one. Had no issues by changes the signets by doing this.

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Jun 7, 14 4:43 PM
I changed profile, and I could do 2 changes on the famous ring. Now, was signet #1 and 3.
Not luck to change on # 2.

Then, I uninstalled one more time, and after I openeded-closed the ring's window about 4 or 5 times I could change it. I didn't try yet with the 4th one !

On Monday I'll write to CS about this issue. At least with me the BF's employees were always helping and looking for solutions.

I'm very surprised having this glitch from Eipix, and seldom I had problems with the games in general. That is one of the reasons I continue been a BFG's member.

Good ,
M.

ETA: when I played the 2nd time the signet # 1 went automatically to the ring.

Eyereen
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Myths of the World: Of Fiends and Fairies Collector

[Post New]by Eyereen on Jun 7, 14 4:52 PM
I can't exchange the lens, already got the leaf but each time I want to use the monocle on that canvas it freezes and as I mentioned before, I can't exchange the broken monocle lens with the new one I received. I've already started playing the game from the scratch with new profiles and I always get stuck when the game freezes once I try to use the monocle on that darn canvas/picture at the upstairs area of the tavern. Please help, it's very frustrating paying for a game that seemed worth while and not getting further than the first chapter!

I un- and reinstalled the game twice with the same result, it seems I do not receive the broken monocle from the canvas, I've got the new lens but can't repair the monocle and that means I never get the wings needed to open the staircase. What a waste of time and money!!!

Edited on 06/07/2014 at 6:11:24 PM PST

[Post New]by leapfrog0202 on Jun 7, 14 5:55 PM
I used the work around for the signet ring glitch twice, but the 3rd time it will not work and so I am again stuck.

I went to Facebook and posted a comment on the company's page. It may help if others would do so that have a FB account.

Thanks for the work around. I appreciate someone figuring it out. I just wish it would continue to work.

Eileen266
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Eileen266 on Jun 7, 14 9:27 PM
Phoenix1123, I am having the same problem. After returning the trapped owl, the screen goes black, and the cursor echoes. I am also running Mac 10.9.3 on a Macbook pro. Anyone else have this problem?

emmismom
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by emmismom on Jun 7, 14 11:29 PM
I was able to get it to work on the lamp. Now it won't work on the crossbow. open close shuffle.. you name it, uninstall, install really frustratng because this is one of the better games in a while. Any other combos recommended?

[Post New]by Faolin on Jun 8, 14 12:12 AM
I am on a MacBook Pro, running Mavericks. I'm having the same problem as Eyereen. When I try to use my monocle on the canvas, it just goes all grey and nothing works except the map. I can click on that and go to another location and it's no longer grey and unresponsive. When I come back to try the monocle again, it goes grey again. I still have the new lens in my inventory. I've only played the demo and ran out of time before I could delete and reinstall the game.

Skeptix
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Skeptix on Jun 8, 14 5:10 AM
I'm echoing the canvas problems.

MacBook Pro, Lion.

The game runs smoothly until the monocle is used on the painting. The screen dims as if a puzzle window is about to appear, but nothing happens. I can't leave the screen and can only access menus.

Three profile resets and a re-install didn't work.

[Post New]by cat1492 on Jun 8, 14 5:17 AM
guys,

have the same problem. stuc at the signets. defnitly a bug, ithnink

xapa
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Myths of the World: Of Fiends and Fairies Collector's Ed

[Post New]by xapa on Jun 8, 14 5:19 AM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:
littlemouse7 wrote:I have found a solution !!! all you need to do is to turn on the note and the click on X to close it worked for me.
It's working for me one time. I get grazy with that ring!

I have the same problem, the ring only worked once,

Go to: