annebil
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Whispered Legends: Tales of Middleport here

[Post New]by annebil on Jun 11, 14 6:56 AM
evaree wrote:Same problem. Game freezes with a skip option at the top.

Same for me.

[Post New]by wvickers4952 on Jun 11, 14 6:58 AM
Install NO PLAY!! Reinstall- NO PLAY Start from game manager, NO game popup start
NO PLAY = NO TRIAL= NO BUY
When will BFG get the reasoning that they MUST TRY game before releasing

Froze!!

[Post New]by hummer13 on Jun 11, 14 6:59 AM
Game froze when I was about 35 minutes into the game. I uninstalled/reinstalled and it was still frozen at the same place. Only thing moving was purple smoke and hint button was sparkling. Took suggestion of going in as another name and got to the same point and the game froze in the same exact place. I am not happy at all with this and I am so glad I got the game for free, even so that is not the point, this game should still work properly.

[Post New]by pkpauly on Jun 11, 14 7:05 AM
I am having the same problem as hummer13 at exactly the same place. I uninstalled, I just want my money back, very frustrating cuz I was enjoying the game very much.

Edited on 06/11/2014 at 7:06:06 AM PST

smilestogo
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by smilestogo on Jun 11, 14 7:08 AM
Major tech issues and glitches!!! I usually don't have to post on any game, but this one has been tried out two times, I did all the necessary fixes to no avail. Until they fix this one, not many will be purchasing or even playing the try-out, including myself. Sorry Big Fish this one is a no go!

atmmts
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by atmmts on Jun 11, 14 7:25 AM
Just my 2 cents to be counted among those stuck at same point in game as several others: after playing fish game on ship door, get stuck at scene w/ clairvoyant's wagon. Purple smoke swirling & Hint clock ticking away. - otherwise frozen ( like the movie). Even when I did Ctrl-Alt Del move, screen flickered and returned to same scene in game. Finally able to quit game after canceling forced shut down -which I was only able to initiate by hitting PC off button.

fluffyalso
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by fluffyalso on Jun 11, 14 7:42 AM
Game froze up exactly like others. No help to uninstall and reinstall. Bought Strange Cases game Mon and it only played 1min past demo and froze the same way. Wazs
-up with dat?

sn665
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by sn665 on Jun 11, 14 7:52 AM
I was really enjoying this game until, like many of you said, it froze and I got the skip option in the upper right corner. Had to use task manager to get out. Doesn't Big fish test their games anymore? Also, it is a 60% off day today so I'm losing that bargain. I think they're too busy selling coins and whatnot for these new gambling games they have, Pay attention to your old and loyal customers Big Fish!

anki6969
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by anki6969 on Jun 11, 14 7:53 AM
I experienced the same problem when I was playing this on another site. When I started the game under a new name, there where no technical problems at all

[Post New]by cld1957 on Jun 11, 14 8:20 AM
I am also stuck with skip button on top, hint button swirling. I have uninstalled-reinstalled, restarted my pc...all of it. too bad, I was enjoying game.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Jun 11, 14 8:20 AM
Hey there Everyone,

Thanks for posting about the issues you are having with the game. We are currently looking into those and will address them shortly.

In the meantime, if you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

[Post New]by j62janet on Jun 11, 14 8:34 AM
I'm so relieved that I looked here, I was thinking about getting the game, thank you for starting this thread, it's helped me allot

userfree
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by userfree on Jun 11, 14 8:45 AM
Yep, same here. Froze with Skip button upper right that couldn't be used. Since I see so many others with the same problem, I too will be deleting this enjoyable game. Hope someone at BFG is monitoring for customer service recovery.

Menorca11
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Menorca11 on Jun 11, 14 9:02 AM
Same as hummer13. Purchased game, deleted, reinstalled, changed player etc etc. Game frozen. Skip button in right hand corner. So annoying. £5.39 wasted.

faboomama
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by faboomama on Jun 11, 14 9:29 AM
Same as others. 20 minutes into the game and it froze with the skip button on the top of the screen. It's the street with the tavern and the area is cleared.

xapa
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

Froze

[Post New]by xapa on Jun 11, 14 10:05 AM
Hapless wrote:After buying the game and playing for half an hour it froze with a skip message at the top right hand side. I have uninstalled and re-installed. but still no joy.

Any suggestions?

Linda

I was stuck in the games and I think there are some bugs, I started over again, and this time I toke care of having a bucket of water before I went into the tent. I think you have to play this game in a especial order or you will miss some of the tings you have to use. I am now a lot longer in the game, and I do like it, so I hope there will be no more problems, because I don't no the order to play it.

kpajak
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by kpajak on Jun 11, 14 10:15 AM
Hi all, same here, game froze, reinstalled,no luck, too bad I was enjoying it!

Kacey5
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by Kacey5 on Jun 11, 14 11:04 AM
I had the same thing happen. Street scene with tavern froze with SKIP option that doesn't work. Had to use task manager to get out. I was enjoying the game and wanted to buy but not now. Too bad.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Jun 11, 14 11:45 AM
Hi All,

Thank you very much for your posts letting us know about the freezing issue with the game during a cut scene where the skip button doesn't work.

This seems pretty wide-spread and our team is looking into it. In the meantime, I have a great help article in the link below that may help with troubleshooting these types of issues:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you would like specialized support for your operating system, please contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. One of our Reps would be happy to investigate things further.

bfgWendwater

KCErin
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by KCErin on Jun 11, 14 11:53 AM
I had the same problem with the frozen screen. I did ctrl-alt-del and ended the game. I restarted with a new profile. I got past the frozen screen and have played for at least 1-1/2 hours with no problem. This seems to have solved the problem (fingers are crossed).

Go to: