feebee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Rite of Passage: Hide and Seek Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by feebee on Jun 13, 14 8:36 AM
Plenty of space got my husband to check everything updates, how much space etc I have been with BF for years I have had hundreds of games but this past few months have been terrible I still have a couple of games that dont work properly dont want to leave but may have to have a break and look elsewhere

Deb_S
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Rite of Passage: Hide and Seek Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by Deb_S on Jun 13, 14 12:22 PM
this is yet another messed up game....
Yes all my 'bits' are updated, vid card etc...
the game icon on the bottom of my screen is there but grayed out.. the initial blue box opens... the audio plays.. then ....nothing... no picture.. no 'bump' to the full screen... second game in two days!....
and with so many others finding fault.. i hardly think it is me!....
either promote games that a wide variety of users can actually access... or i will find my games somewhere else... which is sad because i have been a ;fishie' for YEARS!

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Rite of Passage: Hide and Seek Collector's Edition

[Post New]by harry5035 on Jun 13, 14 4:32 PM
Deb_S wrote:this is yet another messed up game....
Yes all my 'bits' are updated, vid card etc...
the game icon on the bottom of my screen is there but grayed out.. the initial blue box opens... the audio plays.. then ....nothing... no picture.. no 'bump' to the full screen... second game in two days!....
and with so many others finding fault.. i hardly think it is me!....
either promote games that a wide variety of users can actually access... or i will find my games somewhere else... which is sad because i have been a ;fishie' for YEARS!

[Post New]by harry5035 on Jun 13, 14 4:57 PM
when i click on the sg it tells me to touch the ice twice,nothing can't go on with the game til i melt that ice

[Post New]by gabby0319 on Jun 13, 14 5:37 PM
Running Windows 8.1, I get a message stating "Error occurred when initializing this game. Please update drivers and try again". So I did. I still keep getting the message. Restarted computer. Uninstalled/re-installed game. Still getting the same message. Not happy that I spent $14 on this game and I can't even play. I just finished playing the new Awakenings game so I don't understand why there is a problem with this one. Please help!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Rite of Passage: Hide and Seek Collector's Edition

[Post New]by WilJul on Jun 14, 14 12:12 AM
harry5035 wrote: when i click on the sg it tells me to touch the ice twice,nothing can't go on with the game til i melt that ice
Have you chosen your melt ice "power" from the options to the right of your inventory tray?

niamhe
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by niamhe on Jun 14, 14 7:05 AM
I agree with freebee and others this site is going down hill fast and no one seem to fix anything

[Post New]by queenj3 on Jun 14, 14 1:18 PM
VERY FRUSTRATED! Obviously there are major glitches with this game; it is NOT our computers. I really wanted to play this demo but I'm uninstalling immediately. This is the second time this has happened to me. Do the games ever get fixed and re-released?

WickedGirl
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by WickedGirl on Jun 14, 14 1:46 PM
Those of you with game freezing and/or shutting down issues (or the game won't run).....please post whether you have AMD or NVIDIA video, and if it is a separate graphics card or onboard video combined with your CPU. Also, what version of Windowsare you using, and do you have a laptop or a full desktop computer? It seems like BFG needs a lot more answers to video problems with these games, so perhaps by providing some of the above information, we could get them closer to possibly avoiding issues if they pass hardware data on to their game devs.

I personally have a 5+ year old laptop with an AMD processor and onboard AMD graphics. I am running the latest video driver available for the card (NOT the native Microsoft driver supplied by Windows) and my operating system is WIndows 8.1 with all updates current, including Adobe Flash and Sun Java. All web browsers are up to date as well.

Syndalee
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by Syndalee on Jun 14, 14 5:47 PM
Playing on Mac. Got all the way to the fight with Angela. Cannot get the last character to light up. Very frustrated. It simply will not work. Stays foggy and doesn't light up.

bluejen
Clownfish
Clownfish
702 Posts

[Post New]by bluejen on Jun 14, 14 6:04 PM
This game is ok, but it's SO dreary and slow. I may feel this way because the last game I played had a lot of snow and cold in it as well.

Ok, my tech problem is that I'm about half way through and a "regular" cursor has shown up. The game cursor is working fine, but now I have this black cursor in the middle of the picture. Anyone else? Or anyone that might be able to help? I may send in a ticket, but it seems like such a small thing. Although it's becoming more annoying as I move along.

NVM - it's gone now.

Edited on 06/14/2014 at 8:09:11 PM PST

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Jun 14, 14 9:27 PM
The fact that some people run it with no problem and others have problems would seem to point to something with the individual configurations/computers.

For example, on my PC, I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, lots of disc space (I put everything on 6 different Toshiba 3 Terabyte removable disc drives), 64 gb RAM (memory), an independent NVIDIA graphics card with 3 gb of memory (driver up to date) and all other add-ons (Flash, Java, etc.) are up to date.

On my laptop, I have Windows 8.1, 32 gb RAM, 2 Terabyte disc drive, independent NVIDIA graphics card with 3 gb RAM. It's an ASUS gaming laptop, 18", 1 year old, and all updates are current.

No problem with the game on either machine.

ljmb21
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by ljmb21 on Jun 15, 14 3:32 PM
In Angela's house, I am unable to assemble the old photo and I am not able to progress with the game. I have uninstalled and re-installed to no avail.

Nuffyb
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Nuffyb on Jun 16, 14 11:02 AM
Playing Rite of Passage: Hide and Seek CE...In the bonus section you leave Angela's house, go to the gate and select the handprint for a puzzle (you need to do this to be able to further in the game. I'm assuming to go thru the gate) But I can't find a handprint ANYWHERE!! I'm so frustrated to get this far and not be able to go anywhere. I posted on the forum days ago with this question, but it seems everyone has had a reply to their posts but me!! Can you help with this? If so great! If not what else can I do?

nuffyb

Nuffyb
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Nuffyb on Jun 16, 14 11:28 AM
I have a question! On some games (sometimes with the same developers) when downloaded my cursor disappears. Because I can't see where it is I have to shut down my computer to quit the game. Any ideas?

Nuffyb

mar39
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by mar39 on Jun 16, 14 7:07 PM
I'm having the same problem at Angela's house. I am not going to uninstall and reinstall at this point. They need to fix the problem so we can play the game properly. I have a computer that is only a couple months old, and has tons of space etc. This is two games in a row I'm having trouble with. Developers need to do something.

sullysdragons
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by sullysdragons on Jun 17, 14 1:38 PM
I didn't see this listed here, but it is in the regular forum and I am having the same problem, so I am assuming at this point it is a tech issue.

I am basically at the end of the game. I found all the "Angelas" and all I have left to do is confront her. The only two places I am allowed go at this point are inside her house and outside in the front yard. Neither place indicates there is anything left to be done there. If I click the hint button, it simply states there is nothing left to do there (either location). The strategy guide is also no help. None of the "powers" I've acquired will work either. I literally clicked everywhere inside and outside with my mouse trying to activate something - - ANYTHING. No luck. I can't finish the game, therefore I can't play the bonus chapter either.

I am beyond frustrated.

[Post New]by KVphoto on Jun 17, 14 1:54 PM
Sullysdragons: I've done all that you mentioned AND tried uninstalling and reinstalled, which did not help.
\

sullysdragons
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by sullysdragons on Jun 17, 14 2:54 PM
KVphoto wrote:Sullysdragons: I've done all that you mentioned AND tried uninstalling and reinstalled, which did not help.
\

Okay good to know. Uninstalling, etc. was going to be my next step. Now I know not to waste my time with that.

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Jun 17, 14 5:14 PM
Okay BF. I have the latest, greatest computer EVER. and the same thing happened to me that happened to sullysdragon. Geesh! What is with all the glitches in these games. I am almost done with the game and this happens!

Something is amiss in The Pond and we fish are "dying" out here. Hey! Before you release these games - please check them out. We pay quite a bit of money for these and it is frustrating when THE DON'T WORK AND YOU ARE AT THE END OF THE GAME! I have noticed two "bugs" (so annoying and you cannot swat them) within the last week!

Go to: