tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

Re:bonus chapter - hall of darkness

[Post New]by tookat on Jun 19, 14 7:53 AM
Write Customer Service and get the coupon.
The last time I had a CE I could not finish, they gave me a coupon good for another CE.

I am writing the Devs, telling them how much I loved the game, Until that particular game, which should have a skip.
The game, IS winnable btw, but even following the order shown in the SG, the buttons have got to be hit almost as fast as a real cat playing with a laser light.
I was frankly surprised when I got past it, and then exited the game for a long rest.

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Jun 19, 14 12:57 PM
LOL Tookat this is the only time I ever wished I had my touch screen back...gave it to the grandkids to make finger prints on! I've played this game again up to the lights mini-game and bailed out for this exact reason. The game doesn't have any replay value if it has something in it that is just too hard to achieve. Listen up developers!

Edited on 06/19/2014 at 12:59:42 PM PST

tempeasu
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by tempeasu on Jun 19, 14 3:56 PM
I ALMOST GAVE UP. I DID NOT FOLLOW THE GUIDE TO LIGHTING THE ROOM. I STARTED FROM THE BOTTOM LEFT, AND WORKED MY WAY, COUNTERCLOCKWISE, AND STARTED CLICKING VERY FAST. JUST KEEP CLICKING. OH, AND BY THE WAY, I TRIED MANY MANY TIMES. HOPE THIS HELPS.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jun 21, 14 2:30 AM
I don't know if this helps - but I noticed the lights change back to yellow more slowly if you click them slowly in the first place - so I clicked the first ones slowly then the last few faster. Once they started going back to yellow I then kind of worked my way backwards from the last one to turn yellow. This might sound too complicated, but it worked for me!

cagamenut
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by cagamenut on Jun 22, 14 11:20 PM
I'm having the same problem with the lights, and until then, loved the game. I'm 68 with an essential tremor and there is no way that I can click them quickly enough, even in casual mode. Maybe I need a three year old to help me! The SG is no help at all since the light sequences are not given. I really don't to ask for a refund since I was enjoying the game until now. BF, can a skip be added by update?

bevferree
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by bevferree on Jun 23, 14 4:36 PM
I'm also 70 and spend a couple hours a day on BFGs. This is the first game that has sent me off on a walk talking to myself. Please update this game with a skip button for the seven lights. I changed to "casual mode" and the system cursor. I would ask for my money back but I too enjoyed this game up to the bonus chapter.

[Post New]by Raggedyroad on Jun 28, 14 12:41 PM
Penny1942 wrote:I haven't been able to click on the bulbs fast enough either. I don't have a touch screen and don't want one. Shame on the developer for putting in something that those of us who can no longer click at the speed of light to accomplish since there is no skip on this little bit of nonsense.

Edit: I finally figured it out. Change the cursor to the software cursor in the options and it will click on the bulbs faster. Good luck.

1st off, I thoroughly enjoyed this game up to the point of this particular scene. I purposefully buy games with a bonus chapter so I can play said chapter. Very frustrating.

Even though (Penny1042) was able to get through the scene by changing the cursor as mentioned above, I was not. All laptop cursors are not as quick. I even changed the setting on my laptop to the fastest setting. I have played tons of these games and this is the only one so far that requires a speed skill to get to the next level. Since you have to get through the bonus game to play the secret game I won't be able to play that one either.

This scene needs to be revised. Either provide a skip option or change the scene to be a required sequence instead of speed.

I have gone back several times to attempt to win this scene and it's just way too frustrating to continue trying.

Edited on 06/28/2014 at 2:49:50 PM PST

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Jun 28, 14 3:14 PM
I think, if enough people write CS complaining about the glitch, and asking for a refund, that Big Fish might encourage the Devs to at least put a "skip" in the game.....
I do think that it was an oversight on their part, because most of the puzzles were skippable, so they won't know there is a problem, unless, people write in about it.

The other option is finding the Dev's fb page or website page and writing them directly, but, the folks unable to beat the game, may as well get their coupons for a free CE.

[Post New]by Anna_Allison on Jun 30, 14 3:24 PM
For those of us with "essential tremors" this is practically impossible. What a waste of money!

[Post New]by faithaffair on Jul 3, 14 5:54 AM
Even though everyone has said it here, I'm going to repeat it anyway because it's so frustrating - THIS PUZZLE SUCKS!!! There is a reason my favourite game genre is hidden objects - because i HATE timebound games?

I got past this though (although technically it wasn't me lol)

1. Changed game mode to Casual
2. Changed cursor to regular / system (not game cursor)
3. Passed the laptop to husband
4. He hooked it up to a wireless mouse. Nailed it on his second try.

Salut to the silver surfers who did it by themselves. I totally couldn't be bothered to be so flustered!!!

[Post New]by suesplace1 on Jul 4, 14 2:17 PM
Am not fast enough to light 7; have quit the game. Will not play it again. Would not have purchased it if I had know this was in the game.

SquirrelGirrrl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by SquirrelGirrrl on Jul 5, 14 5:38 PM
Like many others, I have done the best I can on my laptop to light all of the bulbs, and it is impossible. Why isn't there a "skip" option for this?? I can't move on.

Janeypat
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by Janeypat on Jul 7, 14 5:17 PM
sick and tired of games not playing - hall of darkness -please BFG give us games to play CE games with bells and whistles - NO - just give us a game we can play

[Post New]by NC_gal on Jul 14, 14 8:13 AM
I WAS enjoying this game until I got to this part. I tried everything I could, including changing to a system cursor (which was still a hand, but a different one) and could not get past this puzzle. I couldn't finish the game or unlock the Secret Game (from what someone else said, it doesn't sound like I missed a lot!), so I wrote to BFCS AND the developer about the problem. I got a coupon for another CE for my troubles, but no fix, which is annoying, because I would still like to play the rest of the game.

If enough people write the developer (see credits) AND complain to BFCS, perhaps something will eventually be done to fix this. I would really like to see that happen! IN the meantime, I would recommend that people pass on the CE and just get the SE. I haven't tried it, but at least this part would not be in it.

[Post New]by spygirl4 on Jul 16, 14 1:20 PM
I agree on getting a refund . I Have old Arthur in my fingers and can't move that fast, And I buy a lot off Collector's Edition. It's a good game, I would like to finish it.

[Post New]by nanettefuller on Jul 18, 14 5:37 AM
Unable to complete the bonus chapter - too old and slow and I don't have grandchildren. I will be requesting my money back.

Taipai99
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Taipai99 on Oct 7, 14 7:54 PM
I completely agree with all of you... there should have been a skip button.
I don't think BF games realizes that a lot of seniors play these games (they're far too easy for teens and 20s).
So get with it BF...and tell your developers to use skip buttons for all the puzzles.

[Post New]by loveboxers on Mar 17, 15 11:58 AM
\I too am unable to click on the lights fast enough. With arthritis, I need a skip button. Shame on the Devs'. So, this game has come to a grinding halt for me. Should have the choice of using a skip button.

Go to: