Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Jewel Match IV here

[Post New]by windcatcher1 on Jul 10, 14 1:52 AM
I like the game, but don't like the HO part of it.

shripch
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,952 Posts

[Post New]by shripch on Aug 20, 14 4:45 PM
The only problem I have with this game involves some of the puzzles. I can't figure out where to put some of the pieces! So I have skipped a few of those, but the match 3 part of the game, which is at least 75% of the action, is just great. And addictive! This is a definite buy for me.

Desert007
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Desert007 on Jan 7, 15 8:50 AM
I LOVE Jewel Match IV! I do play it in the relaxed mode. If you're looking for relaxing, zen-like music and beautiful jewels, I recommend this game. This is like the first game in a LONG time that I am tempted to play all day! By long time, I mean since I first "discovered" computer games in about 1997! The puzzles are actually "puzzling." I haven't played a game like that in some time. I did find an online walk-through, and I have come to learn if you get to a "puzzle" and it's not working, you've left a piece behind somewhere, and sometimes, the best option is to replay that level. But it's so relaxing, who cares?!!! I look forward to many more hours of relaxing fun! (Please note: I have not gotten to the last levels with no lives left, as another player below, but I don't think I would be disturbed, as I would not mind to start the whole game over again!)

[Post New]by gretelone on Jan 23, 15 11:07 AM
I am on level 49 and all has gone well to this point. I am in the first room which worked on the top part of the puzzle, but I cannot play on the lower (no tiles) and cannot scroll to another "room". When I click on a mirror icon the game goes to another area and presents a puzzle with crystals and levers but nothing happens
other than the levers moving down for a moment. Did I miss something? There is a message about tying the levers with rope, but how do I find rope?

sweetful_1
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by sweetful_1 on Feb 14, 15 4:35 PM
I got to level 100..........then stop

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on May 29, 15 9:23 AM
I've played the other Jewel Match games and this was my least favorite, in fact I didn't even complete the game. Much too frustrating with the moving boards and funky looking jewels. Everything about it was confusing, way too many bells and whistles. This one goes in the trash...glad it wasn't full price. I was playing in the relaxed mode but would get a notice that I had only so many moves left and would I like to "risk" it or use some points. Not good. Its suppose to be relaxed with no time constraints. Only good thing was the music. no stars for this one.

[Post New]by MargieSpry on Jun 12, 15 7:12 PM
Can't solve the puzzle and get the key on level 62. Big disappointment. So much for relaxing.

wyebank
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by wyebank on Jun 22, 15 5:47 PM
Absolutely brilliant game and so long. Just couldn't stop playing it. Graphics are lovely and so clever. I never ran out of lives and solved all the puzzles (did have to resort to the forum for tips on one).

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Oct 12, 15 11:26 PM
Well thought out game with lots of puzzles. I only finished the timed mode as of now, but there are a variety of options to play in (the others are relaxed limited moves, plain relaxed, and match 3 maniac modes where it's M3 only and no puzzles). If you're looking for a zen-out game, this isn't it...it's got to be the hardest JM game I ever played! I managed to make it through without losing any lives and solved all the puzzles, but it was a real challenge (the timer is aggressive near the end and it doesn't look like you can buy time?). Did have to check the forum for a tip on one puzzle.

The boards got too big for me at the end; seemed a slog to get through the last few levels. Got the end game sequence after level 54, so I'm not sure if there's bonus boards or maybe the game length varies depending on how much you do since I've seen posts from other players saying they've played as many as 77 levels. The music was beautiful, and so were the building scenes. Loved the subtle humor in the story. Didn't like the look of most of the jewels; I'm glad they changed that up in later games in this series. Could have done without the HO scenes as the HOs were very small in many cases and I often had a hard time picking out what they were supposed to be from the silhouettes on top, but that's probably just me.

allbonnie
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

enjoying it, though I have to look up solutions

[Post New]by allbonnie on Dec 18, 15 8:55 PM
often. Nice game. Made it through 52 so far. Annoying sometimes with the swinging
back and forth to active screens. I suppose they put that in there as a further test.
I would give it a solid four sta
rs.

Go to: