Welcome to CSI: NY forum

DownAndjOutnLA
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

Re:Welcome to CSI: NY forum

[Post New]by DownAndjOutnLA on Apr 3, 09 4:57 PM
Well good luck on getting any help. Been trying for days!!

ersatz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by ersatz on Apr 4, 09 7:41 AM
The other CSI games are way better than this one. I'm glad I downloaded the trial version first.

Stuck on first scene

[Post New]by lindadenney2 on Apr 4, 09 7:59 AM
mygareeeta wrote:I'm on the first crimescene, and I can't get past it. There's no hint button that will tell me what to do, I've talked to everyone, asked all the questions, dealt with all the evidence, and if i ask anymore wrong questions, my credibility goes down.
There's nothing more to click on, and no hints.

Help!

Sugarbella
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Sugarbella on Apr 4, 09 11:57 AM
Hope this helps - to get past the first scene (I'm guessing you figured out the bracelet and pj, but can't figure out what to do with the photos?). You can to take the photo - click on the detective and then click on the hands of the victim (where he was hanging on the ledge). That works - but alas, that's where I'm stuck too. You have to keep doing that. Then - you can move on. As I progress, I'll post here. Unless, I really get frustrated and just get rid of the game. :-)

[Post New]by middlee on Apr 4, 09 2:50 PM
pinkybear wrote:I am on the second chapter and cannot get past the interview with Aaron (I think that's his name). Any suggestions?? Thanks
Is that the beginning of chapter two? Read all the info between him and the lady we are playing, and u can figure out what items to put up, and get thru it. Have u got to the kitchen yet?

JMAlshik
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by JMAlshik on Apr 4, 09 11:35 PM
I tried the freebie and felt is was a little slow in playing ... the hour free game play was spent just getting through the dialogue .... please get back to me and let me know if it is even worth purchasing ... thanks!!

slm1948
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

[Post New]by slm1948 on Apr 5, 09 4:06 PM
I'm not having any problem playing the game, thanks to the walkthrough and quickly recharing hints. I just don't understand why I'm not enjoying it more. I'm finding it tedious for some reason I can't put my finger on.

Edited on 04/05/2009 at 4:06:42 PM PST

NanaSha
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by NanaSha on Apr 6, 09 2:04 PM
I first tried downloading the "freebie" and couldn't - so I bought it thinking it would be great. What a surprise! I collected evidence, asked questions and is that all there is? Can't get any further. Searched the internet for cheats/walkthroughs and looks like I would have to pay to get them. This is the first big "waste" I've ever really gotten after four or five years.
Also, first time in a forum here.

slm1948
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

[Post New]by slm1948 on Apr 7, 09 2:50 AM
There is a walkthrough on the BFG blog. I finally figured out why so much of this game seems tedious to me. Too many of the hidden objects are too dark to see. I hate that. Then there's the lab work. I've liked lab work in other games, but not this game, for whatever reason. But if the hidden objects were at least more visible, I'd easily forgive the less-than-stimulating lab work. I should mention that the mini games were varied and imaginative. Plus, unusual in mini games, you could usually ask for a hint. I tried not to use those unless I really gave up, though, because often the hint would actually be the solution.

[Post New]by crazy1962 on Apr 7, 09 6:22 PM
lacevedo5284 wrote:I am stuck at the first scene. Looking for what appears to be a CD needed for the computer, can't find it anywhere and the hint button is not showing me nothing other than the computer. Any help would be appreciated.

I am having the same problem the hint button doesnt work and I cant find the cd anywhere on that page I looked for 45 straight minutes of course using up my free game play so why would they expect us to buy it if we cant get past the first scene in the trial to let us know if we like it?

Nagasse
Stingray
Stingray
5,251 Posts

[Post New]by Nagasse on Apr 7, 09 9:44 PM
I am enjoying this game, finally got around to catching up with my downloads and tried the demo, it was pretty good. It was funny, I love CSI NY and the characters were funny. The graphics are pretty good and the game is a bit challenging. Its not the best game ever, but its pretty good, I'd get.

[Post New]by ARGtina on Apr 8, 09 12:31 AM
I also am VERY dissapointed in this game. I even din't have this much trouble with Return to Ravenhearst, and that one was long and difficult to finish! I guess that was $ 7.00 waisted! I have been stuck on the 1st. case for days. I keep clicking and I can't advance and in this forum there are no answers or help. I hope future buyers read this before buying!!!

[Post New]by ARGtina on Apr 8, 09 12:34 AM
JMAlshik wrote:I tried the freebie and felt is was a little slow in playing ... the hour free game play was spent just getting through the dialogue .... please get back to me and let me know if it is even worth purchasing ... thanks!!

it is NOT worth buying! Read my post.

bignanny60
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by bignanny60 on Apr 8, 09 4:47 AM
Tilske wrote:I have a problem with starting this game. For the first time after 1001 games. I click on play nothing happens. Could you tell what to do.

bignanny60
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by bignanny60 on Apr 8, 09 6:26 AM
Tilske wrote:I have a problem with starting this game. For the first time after 1001 games. I click on play nothing happens. Could you tell what to do.

sam1950
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,486 Posts

[Post New]by sam1950 on Apr 11, 09 1:20 AM
well first time posting at this forum hope this helps

to get the cd in the empire state building you have to but the cables on the computer

Stuck on first scene

[Post New]by jackie713 on Apr 11, 09 7:47 AM
mygareeeta wrote:I'm on the first crimescene, and I can't get past it. There's no hint button that will tell me what to do, I've talked to everyone, asked all the questions, dealt with all the evidence, and if i ask anymore wrong questions, my credibility goes down.
There's nothing more to click on, and no hints.

Help!

[Post New]by jackie713 on Apr 11, 09 8:18 AM
Hi mygareeeta, When clicking on the items when questioning witnesses, you have to click on a certain spot of relevaence to further question the witness. For example, the first items: the fabric (click the ok button), the photo (click on the fingers when talking to the agent and for all other witnesses click on the face), and the wrist band (click on the logo).For any item that displays "ok" it is not necessary to click on a certain spot. Hope this helps

[Post New]by jackie713 on Apr 11, 09 8:43 AM
crazy1962 wrote:
lacevedo5284 wrote:I am stuck at the first scene. Looking for what appears to be a CD needed for the computer, can't find it anywhere and the hint button is not showing me nothing other than the computer. Any help would be appreciated.

I am having the same problem the hint button doesnt work and I cant find the cd anywhere on that page I looked for 45 straight minutes of course using up my free game play so why would they expect us to buy it if we cant get past the first scene in the trial to let us know if we like it?

[Post New]by jackie713 on Apr 11, 09 8:48 AM
To find the CD, take the power cord you located and click the area where it looks like sprinkles of light. then you solve the pussle to find the computer code. the next picture that displays will look like a screen saver for a computer and click on the cd icon to the left of what looks like a recyle bin.

Go to: