LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

Re:Welcome to Echo: Secret of the Lost Cavern forum

[Post New]by LizzieK on Apr 9, 09 4:59 AM
Jafell wrote:This game is more than I bargained for. Are there any instructions or hints? I don't want a walk thru, but knowing the lingo would help. Are we suppose to figure it out for ourselves.
On your computer if you go to Start, My computer, Local disk C, Program files, Echo Secret of the Lost Cavern, Manual. You will find an Adobe PDF file that you can open and read the manual of how to play the game. It is not a walkthrough. It is the booklet that comes with the game when it is sold on CD.

Also at the beginning of the walkthrough by MaGtRo at Gameboomers there are instructions on how the game mechanics work. This type of instruction for the game mechanics is always in the MaGtRo walkthroughs before the actual game walkthrough starts.

Good luck!

[Post New]by gillianstar on Apr 16, 09 9:34 PM
It's a very frustrating game especially if you are intent on progress. I've had to pull out my book of Zen and be content with walking around in circles clicking aimlessly. (NOT)

There are game guides and walkthroughs all over the place...I'm trying not to look but OH it is so tempting!

[Post New]by 11bequia on Apr 18, 09 10:05 AM
fweety wrote:I am at the fire talking to the man but I freeze up and he won't give me anything to cook the fish with or to make tea with can you help??????????????????

[Post New]by Bettz11 on Apr 21, 09 10:20 AM
1830mm wrote:Is Big Fish going to offer a Strategy Guide for this game? I think one is needed. I just started playing and can't figure out what the three stones on the big rock are used for. It shows the hand so you can pick them up, but where do you put them, or what do you do with them. Won't let you add them to inventory. Please Help Big Fish!

[Post New]by Bettz11 on Apr 21, 09 10:23 AM
Try doing a search for a walkthrough on the web. Sometimes you can get free help at least temporarily.

kiedon
Clownfish
Clownfish
552 Posts

[Post New]by kiedon on Apr 21, 09 8:31 PM
You use the 3 rocks to make something you will need later to get rid of the she-lion. The rock the 3 rocks are on in this game is called an assembly rock and you can never pick up the stuff on it because you are meant to place things on it from you inventory and then use the tools on the rock on your items you placed on it. This game has various assembly rocks through it. But you have to scare the she-lion off briefly using something you already have inside the cave to get parts for what you are going to make. Happy gaming.

[Post New]by juliekelly65 on May 1, 09 6:15 PM
stormy_1962 wrote:I am unable to get through the second cave, can someone help? I have been able to get the fire torches but when I go into the caves I just end up going in circles.
HELP!!!
Stormy

i am also stuck on this bit -can someone please help-its driving me crazy???

Edited on 05/01/2009 at 6:17:52 PM PST

[Post New]by juliekelly65 on May 1, 09 6:20 PM
stormy_1962 wrote:I am unable to get through the second cave, can someone help? I have been able to get the fire torches but when I go into the caves I just end up going in circles.
HELP!!!
Stormy

[Post New]by juliekelly65 on May 1, 09 6:24 PM
juliekelly65-[please please help]I am unable to get through the second cave, can someone help? I have been able to get the fire torches but when I go into the caves I just end up going in circles.
HELP please its driving me absoulutly crazy??????

[Post New]by antonia31699 on May 1, 09 11:01 PM
UHS hints a great site for hints because its just that, HINTS not a walkthrough. It just tells you enough to get you back on track.

http://www.uhs-hints.com/uhsweb/echo.php

"The Universal Hint System gives you just the hints you need to solve hundreds of computer games. Unlike traditional walkthroughs, the UHS lets you select specific questions and view only as much information as you want -- from subtle nudges to full answers -- so you can have more fun solving the game on your own"

cavebear
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by cavebear on May 7, 09 3:46 AM
I would like to know how to take something [dry grass & thin stick ] from the inventory to make a fire..
I am sure if I were to know that I would be able to get on with this game ..

Please help me make a fire in this game..

thankyou

cavebear
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by cavebear on May 7, 09 4:13 AM
I have read the abode outline but it does not tell me how to take something out of inventory and use it ..
I know how to get into inventory and click on something to get it out but not how to use it..
If I could get some help on how to start the fire then I think I can carry on myself..

I have the ice, hardwood and softwood but there is still a line through the cursor..Am I missing something critical??

I really want to play this game but it is frustrating on how to start ..

I await someones reply ..thankyou

[Post New]by Gamerlaurie on May 11, 09 11:03 AM
cavebear wrote:I have read the abode outline but it does not tell me how to take something out of inventory and use it ..
I know how to get into inventory and click on something to get it out but not how to use it..
If I could get some help on how to start the fire then I think I can carry on myself..

I have the ice, hardwood and softwood but there is still a line through the cursor..Am I missing something critical??

I really want to play this game but it is frustrating on how to start ..

I await someones reply ..thankyou

Trapped in Cave

Look down on the ground and pick up bundle of firewood Turn around to the mouth of the cave and pick up piece of hardwood. Look outside and see the lioness waiting for you. Take the piece of ice at the mouth of the cave. Turn back to the dark cave and move forward. Pick up the dry grass and piece of softwood from the ground.

Build A Fire

Turn to the fire ring? place firewood, dry grass and piece of softwood on the fire ring. Click the piece of hardwood on the softwood and see the friction method of making fire.

Good Luck

jdelbove
Minnow
Minnow
266 Posts

[Post New]by jdelbove on May 31, 09 7:57 AM
1830mm wrote:Is Big Fish going to offer a Strategy Guide for this game? I think one is needed. I just started playing and can't figure out what the three stones on the big rock are used for. It shows the hand so you can pick them up, but where do you put them, or what do you do with them. Won't let you add them to inventory. Please Help Big Fish!

jdelbove
Minnow
Minnow
266 Posts

[Post New]by jdelbove on May 31, 09 7:58 AM
I found this walk-through. Hope it helps you.

http://www.the-spoiler.com/ADVENTURE/Kheops.studios/echo.1/ECHO.htm

jdelbove
Minnow
Minnow
266 Posts

[Post New]by jdelbove on May 31, 09 8:01 AM
Bettz11 wrote:

jdelbove
Minnow
Minnow
266 Posts

[Post New]by jdelbove on Jun 6, 09 1:26 PM
juliekelly65 wrote:
HELP!!!
Stormy

i am also stuck on this bit -can someone please help-its driving me crazy???

jdelbove
Minnow
Minnow
266 Posts

[Post New]by jdelbove on Jun 6, 09 1:28 PM
Hi Stormy and believe me! I've been there! I did find this walk-through>http://www.the-spoiler.com/ADVENTURE/Kheops.studios/echo.1/ECHO.htm, which has been my bible throughout this game.

Hope it helps getting you out of the second cave.

Good luck!

JoAnne

SaPTIC
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by SaPTIC on Jun 10, 09 2:17 PM
I really did enjoy this game. Didn't even need a walkthrough once. All puzzles are doable and based on logics.

Very nice graphics and it was fun to fully explore the surroundings. I walked around much more then needed just to enjoy the world of Secret of the lost Cavern.

I'd recommend this one to each and everyone who likes adventure games

I can truely say this one and the Siberia adventures are my favourites.

BARPAT
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by BARPAT on Aug 5, 09 3:16 AM
SaPTIC wrote:I really did enjoy this game. Didn't even need a walkthrough once. All puzzles are doable and based on logics.

Very nice graphics and it was fun to fully explore the surroundings. I walked around much more then needed just to enjoy the world of Secret of the lost Cavern.

I'd recommend this one to each and everyone who likes adventure games

I can truely say this one and the Siberia adventures are my favourites.

I thoroughly agree with you - fantastic game, took time, I had big trouble with the final wall painting but iI got there in the end. well worth the money

Go to: