Beckyd30
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

Re:Antique Explorer's Membership Quest

[Post New]by Beckyd30 on Jul 18, 14 9:40 AM
Can someone bump the "collectibles" thread to a Sticky so it doesn't go far from the top of the forum?

 

Re:Antique Explorer's Membership Quest

[Post New]by Karen_and_Danny on Jul 21, 14 3:36 PM
I got my quest clue it says that children can be picky even in a toy store so I played picky shopper in the toy store (Actually I played all the areas with a ? in the picky shopper) several times. No picture I just maxed out the 20 for 20 (expert now I think). How do I get the picture. I am going to try one more time then quit.

karen

 
ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

Re:Antique Explorer's Membership Quest

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Jul 21, 14 6:28 PM
Karen_and_Danny wrote:I got my quest clue it says that children can be picky even in a toy store so I played picky shopper in the toy store (Actually I played all the areas with a ? in the picky shopper) several times. No picture I just maxed out the 20 for 20 (expert now I think). How do I get the picture. I am going to try one more time then quit.

karen



For future reference, you don't have to play all the ones with the ? marks, just the one that relates to the riddle.

Do you happen to own the cat? I know once I purchased the cat items dropped sooner. Pricey, I know.. but it works.

Other than that, I'm not sure. Anyone else that had drop rate problems have any advice?

 
wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

Re:Antique Explorer's Membership Quest

[Post New]by wulfruna on Jul 22, 14 12:50 PM
This one has always had a rarer drop rate than any of the others and you do have to keep playing it over and over to get the reward in Picky Shopper. However, there is not a time limit, so you will get it eventually.....
And yes, buying the cat is not essential, but it definitely speeds up the drop rate, as a reward for spending your previous gold on that beautiful animal (and then buying her the Egyptian collar). It pays off!

 

Re:Antique Explorer's Membership Quest

[Post New]by olalabfish on Jul 23, 14 10:25 PM
Pls can you help me?
I complete the first painting (following the quests) but after then NO other quest appears for the next paintings.

 
OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

Re:Antique Explorer's Membership Quest

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Jul 23, 14 10:34 PM
Olalabfish, I am going to find the thread that has all the other thread about this quest series made into clickable links. I think everything you need is contained there - but it has an odd name so look for that k?

 

Re:Antique Explorer's Membership Quest

[Post New]by olalabfish on Jul 23, 14 11:00 PM
OddlyEnuh wrote:Olalabfish, I am going to find the thread that has all the other thread about this quest series made into clickable links. I think everything you need is contained there - but it has an odd name so look for that k?


Thank you, I look for this

 

Re:Antique Explorer's Membership Quest

[Post New]by orly88 on Aug 1, 14 1:33 PM
Was there supposed to be some sort of acknowledgement when you got all the paintings? It sort of just ended...

 
wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

Re:Antique Explorer's Membership Quest

[Post New]by wulfruna on Aug 1, 14 1:35 PM
No, there is no special message as such - just the congratulations on getting the picture. This is all part of a longer story, we think, so there is more to come!

 

Re:Antique Explorer's Membership Quest

[Post New]by periwinkle on Aug 7, 14 8:02 PM
Help! I'm on level 66, have the wharf, upgraded the storage shed, bought my cat an Egyptian collar and my Antique Score is, what? like 206. HOW can I increase it? I've upgraded furniture in the Antique Shop and give keys regularly. Giving the keys is the only thing that increases my score. I'll be 80 before it's up to 1000 at that rate. Can someone help? Thanks!!

 
jbmf_06
Clownfish
Clownfish
712 Posts

Re:Antique Explorer's Membership Quest

[Post New]by jbmf_06 on Aug 7, 14 8:11 PM
ChestnutHeights wrote:AES Membership Quest... In order to participate you need..

-- The wharf (dock by the restaurant in Breezy Bay)
-- The airplane
-- Storage Building built (the one by the Auction house in Dinhammer Alley)
-- Antique Rating of 1000 (you can click on your avatar to see your ranking)


NOTE: If your antique rating is low, you need to do some upgrading in your Antique shop. This will boost your rating.

Once you have the above (someone chime in if I missed something)

-- Go to the wharf. Chris should be there. A box will drop from the sky.. It's empty..
-- Go to the new area on the map (AES museum)
-- Gain membership (by having 1000 rating)

Once you've gained membership, it's really about following the quests that appear on the screen.. some of these (the cat ones will unlock some collectibles)

-- You'll need to complete the 14 collectible sets ( 1 at a time is my suggestion). A list of where to find them is in the forum (it says collectibles in the title)

-- When you complete a set (e.g. map, music box) you'll have to put together a picture of the piece

-- This bring up a note. The note is a riddle --the key to the quest.

-- A woman appears with the quest to find a painting in a city (based on the riddle)

-- Play that scene until you get the painting... then it's on to the next... until all are completed and all the paintings have been found.



That's the super short version.. Let me know if you have any additional questions. I'd be glad to help!


I am almost have the rating to 1000, What happens after that?

Edited on 08/07/2014 at 8:12:16 PM PST


 

Re:Antique Explorer's Membership Quest

[Post New]by Karen_and_Danny on Aug 19, 14 10:20 AM
wulfruna wrote:This one has always had a rarer drop rate than any of the others and you do have to keep playing it over and over to get the reward in Picky Shopper. However, there is not a time limit, so you will get it eventually.....
And yes, buying the cat is not essential, but it definitely speeds up the drop rate, as a reward for spending your previous gold on that beautiful animal (and then buying her the Egyptian collar). It pays off!


I bought the cat before I started the quests and I keep playing and playing - STILL NO PAINTING.

 

Re:Antique Explorer's Membership Quest

[Post New]by Karen_and_Danny on Aug 19, 14 10:22 AM
ChestnutHeights wrote:
Karen_and_Danny wrote:I got my quest clue it says that children can be picky even in a toy store so I played picky shopper in the toy store (Actually I played all the areas with a ? in the picky shopper) several times. No picture I just maxed out the 20 for 20 (expert now I think). How do I get the picture. I am going to try one more time then quit.

karen



For future reference, you don't have to play all the ones with the ? marks, just the one that relates to the riddle.

Do you happen to own the cat? I know once I purchased the cat items dropped sooner. Pricey, I know.. but it works.

I bought the cat before I started the quest but I keep playing and playing and still no painting.

Other than that, I'm not sure. Anyone else that had drop rate problems have any advice?

 
OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

Re:Antique Explorer's Membership Quest

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Aug 19, 14 6:10 PM
Karen, when you put together the item - say the badge, make sure you click the clue that appears. When you go back to the main screen be sure to pick up the quest to play; then go to the city and play it in the appropriate mode. Lots of people, including me skipped clicking on the clue immediately after assembling the item.


 

Re:Antique Explorer's Membership Quest

[Post New]by Karen_and_Danny on Sep 15, 14 1:47 PM
OddlyEnuh wrote:Karen, when you put together the item - say the badge, make sure you click the clue that appears. When you go back to the main screen be sure to pick up the quest to play; then go to the city and play it in the appropriate mode. Lots of people, including me skipped clicking on the clue immediately after assembling the item.



I click on the quest then the play button and it takes me to map. I play the appropriate ? game in the correct mode and then it takes me to main screen and I click on quest again no painting. Do I have to do something else your 'click on the clue immediately after assembling the item' is confussing me

 

Re:Antique Explorer's Membership Quest

[Post New]by Karen_and_Danny on Sep 15, 14 1:49 PM
wulfruna wrote:This one has always had a rarer drop rate than any of the others and you do have to keep playing it over and over to get the reward in Picky Shopper. However, there is not a time limit, so you will get it eventually.....
And yes, buying the cat is not essential, but it definitely speeds up the drop rate, as a reward for spending your previous gold on that beautiful animal (and then buying her the Egyptian collar). It pays off!


no for me it hasn't I still keep playing and playing NOTHING

 
wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

Re:Antique Explorer's Membership Quest

[Post New]by wulfruna on Sep 15, 14 3:18 PM
When you are in picky shopper mode at the toy shop, can you see the painting amongst the items that shown as are available when you scroll along? Of course, even if you can see it, this doesn't necessarily mean it will actually drop for you!! But that is at least a starter to know if it is there at all.

 
OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

Re:Antique Explorer's Membership Quest

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Sep 15, 14 4:31 PM
Karen_and_Danny wrote:
OddlyEnuh wrote:Karen, when you put together the item - say the badge, make sure you click the clue that appears. When you go back to the main screen be sure to pick up the quest to play; then go to the city and play it in the appropriate mode. Lots of people, including me skipped clicking on the clue immediately after assembling the item.



I click on the quest then the play button and it takes me to map. I play the appropriate ? game in the correct mode and then it takes me to main screen and I click on quest again no painting. Do I have to do something else your 'click on the clue immediately after assembling the item' is confussing me


You don't mention what city it is.... lots of folks have had problems with Minnesota Toy shop. If you are on professional or master level I would think it should drop. But if after playing all this time and never getting it, I think I would wait for the update perhaps it is a glitch; I honestly do not know.

 

Re:Antique Explorer's Membership Quest

[Post New]by Karen_and_Danny on Sep 19, 14 8:42 AM
TY all for your help I will try again Hope it drops for me this time Waiting for an update is just worrysome.

 

Re:Antique Explorer's Membership Quest

[Post New]by Karen_and_Danny on Nov 11, 14 7:52 AM
I had to activate the quest again by building the collectible and it worked instantly .
Then I flew through the rest of the quests like a hot knife through butter .

Now where are the holiday quests, I am ready for them this year.

Karen and Danny

 
 
 
 
Go to: