[Post New]by cdcgamer on Jun 25, 14 5:11 PM
I do run it under administrator.

nflynn
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Chronicles of the Witches and Warlocks here

[Post New]by nflynn on Jun 25, 14 5:59 PM
FIX THE GAME ALREADY...HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE OR HOW MANY COMPLAINTS DO YOU NEED BEFORE YOU REALIZE THERE IS AN ISSUE THAT NEEDS TO BE FIXED FOR PAYING CUSTOMERS?

[Post New]by Idahonative on Jun 25, 14 6:52 PM
I'm another that is stuck in the stupid cave. I have a teddy bear to unpick, a gas tank to fill....and some sort of hook thingy in my items that I BET is supposed to open the box in the cave that you don't even get the gears for when you click on it. How much you wanna bet that there are scissors and a gas can in there? But nope, no can do! Can't leave for anywhere else, no hints about what to do, and the dude in the cave isn't speaking either.
And no, with this many people complaining about being stuck somewhere in the various game, I will not run Dr. Felix, my computer is not that old that its drivers etc are that out of date. Just fix the darn thing!

Sinclair
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Sinclair on Jun 25, 14 7:22 PM
Today, after I reinstalled that game, I found. An alternative to finish it. Never use the map to go to another scène. Trust me, this is thé on l'y Wayne.

[Post New]by lauralpurcell on Jun 25, 14 7:36 PM
i am stuck in the caves and cannot move forward or backwards cannot use map either what can I do

sportygal2009
Salmon
Salmon
2,503 Posts

[Post New]by sportygal2009 on Jun 25, 14 9:09 PM
Just an update here: I did hear from Customer Service and was told to run under Administrator which I wasn't when I first started this game. OK fine. I do as told and run the game under administrator but I was still stuck at the theater so I started a new game with a new profile. I was able to get past the theater glitch and all was going well until I get to the cave like the others here. I'm stuck as well. I didn't even try to use the hint or map as I didn't need to use them until I was stuck in the cave and couldn't move anywhere and well the hint button doesn't work and the map all the areas are grey! This here meaning can't use the map.

With all due respect here your customer service rep was really nice and nothing against them. I appreciate them trying to help with the running under administrator suggestion along with a coupon code for a game if this doesn't work but that is not what I wrote in for as I was given a coupon code just in case running administrator didn't work. I don't want a coupon code. I want to finish this game. As you can see from the posts on this thread there is definitely issues with this game. There is at least one other person who has stated running under Administrator as well and the game has a glitch. I REALLY like it and would like to finish it

PLEASE fix this Big Fish! I REALLY like this game. I've already turned in my Dr. Felix report.

Edited on 06/25/2014 at 10:28:37 PM PST

Sinclair
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Sinclair on Jun 26, 14 6:04 AM
sportygal2009 wrote:Just an update here: I did hear from Customer Service and was told to run under Administrator which I wasn't when I first started this game. OK fine. I do as told and run the game under administrator but I was still stuck at the theater so I started a new game with a new profile. I was able to get past the theater glitch and all was going well until I get to the cave like the others here. I'm stuck as well. I didn't even try to use the hint or map as I didn't need to use them until I was stuck in the cave and couldn't move anywhere and well the hint button doesn't work and the map all the areas are grey! This here meaning can't use the map.

With all due respect here your customer service rep was really nice and nothing against them. I appreciate them trying to help with the running under administrator suggestion along with a coupon code for a game if this doesn't work but that is not what I wrote in for as I was given a coupon code just in case running administrator didn't work. I don't want a coupon code. I want to finish this game. As you can see from the posts on this thread there is definitely issues with this game. There is at least one other person who has stated running under Administrator as well and the game has a glitch. I REALLY like it and would like to finish it

PLEASE fix this Big Fish! I REALLY like this game. I've already turned in my Dr. Felix report.

Sinclair
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Sinclair on Jun 26, 14 6:06 AM
Just reinstal the game and this time, dont touch the map. I finished the game with nô problem.

sportygal2009
Salmon
Salmon
2,503 Posts

[Post New]by sportygal2009 on Jun 26, 14 6:20 AM
Sinclair wrote:Just reinstal the game and this time, dont touch the map. I finished the game with nô problem.

I did uninstall/reinstall the game and when I go in to play I'm still stuck at the cave or do you mean after you uninstalled/reinstalled the game you had to start over with a new profile from the beginning?

As for the map the one and only time I touched it is when I couldn't get out of the cave. I couldn't move backwards/forwards. I didn't even click on the hint until I was already stuck

sportygal2009
Salmon
Salmon
2,503 Posts

[Post New]by sportygal2009 on Jun 26, 14 7:29 AM
Sinclair wrote:Just reinstal the game and this time, dont touch the map. I finished the game with nô problem.

Also while I'm glad it worked for you and as I said I didn't need the hint or the map in this game but with all due respect this isn't a "fix" for the problem cause there may be some people who have to use the hint or the map or maybe they just like using the map. The hint and map should work if needed. i mean why are they there if no one can use them? It shouldn't keep you from moving forward in the game so just because you were able to finish the game doesn't mean there isn't still something wrong with it as I see you had no problem posting the game not working for you here before you came up with the so called "fix" for the problem.

Edited on 06/26/2014 at 9:08:52 AM PST

Sinclair
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Sinclair on Jun 26, 14 10:28 AM
sportygal2009 wrote:

I did uninstall/reinstall the game and when I go in to play I'm still stuck at the cave or do you mean after you uninstalled/reinstalled the game you had to start over with a new profile from the beginning?

As for the map the one and only time I touched it is when I couldn't get out of the cave. I couldn't move backwards/forwards. I didn't even click on the hint until I was already stuck

Sinclair
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Sinclair on Jun 26, 14 10:33 AM
sportygal2009 wrote:

after reintalling the game create another profile. At the cave, you will found the gazoline an a knife in the woden crate. You open the crate with the hook.

[Post New]by judithmadams on Jun 26, 14 10:59 AM
I, too, am stuck in the caves. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game; but, of course, it brings me back to the exact place where I got stuck, and I am still stuck.

I have invested enough time and effort in the game - I have no intention of creating a new profile and playing the game all over again when I am now so close to the end. Especially since I have NO IDEA whether or not I will again be stuck in the cave.

I have been a Big Fish customer for many years now, and with few exceptions, I have rarely hit this type of snag; however, it doesn't change the fact that one should be able to play any game downloaded from beginning to end without glitches.

I'm going to uninstall the game and move on; but I am very disappointed that this game was released under the Big Fish umbrella with an obvious major glitch that so many have encountered.

Loupep
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Loupep on Jun 26, 14 11:09 AM
I am also stuck in the cave. I deleted the game and did a new download and also shutdown & rebooted my laptop. all i could access was the map, only had access to several areas on the map around or near the cave. once i accessed these areas I had access to cave. Could not do any tasks.

sportygal2009
Salmon
Salmon
2,503 Posts

[Post New]by sportygal2009 on Jun 26, 14 5:21 PM
This is in response to the thread with a lock on it made by bfgValya:

For me I saw no update off to the left side and when I did as suggested checking it manually it stated no new updates and yes I am signed in. Just so you know. Yes I will be back in contact with customer service it looks like.

chooky35
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by chooky35 on Jun 27, 14 12:29 AM
My hint button has also stopped working and stuck with going further in the game.
Grrrrrr

[Post New]by rhodalumpkin on Jun 27, 14 10:30 PM
I wish I had waited until all these complaints appeared. I would not have wasted my money. I too am stuck in the caves. Uninstalled/reinstalled/ran as Adm/started new profile... Still stuck. I hate when I get so near the end and can not finish.

sportygal2009
Salmon
Salmon
2,503 Posts

[Post New]by sportygal2009 on Jun 28, 14 1:06 PM
Well this is the latest from Customer Service:

Thank you for your reply. I'm sorry to hear that the troubleshooting steps, and downloading the update file didn't help to solve the issue. It's nothing's wrong with your computer or game, but unfortunately this just happens between a particular game and certain system configuration etc... I apologize this inconvenience. Hope you can find the other game you like, and please get that using the coupon code that I sent you on June 25, 2014.

There's nothing wrong the game? Are they freaking kidding me?? So is everyone here running this game on a Asus Windows 7 64 bit and have the same exact programs on their computer as I have on mine? I HIGHLY doubt it.

Oh and I never got to try the new build because it didn't show up in my game manager even after doing the manual download and yes I was and still am signed into my game manager. Also on a different thread here another person also stated they didn't get the update either.

I will take this a step further and say since this is the Fish Club I checked out the site of the Mickey Mouse Club I'll call it also located in Seattle and well they also had to get a new build for this game and people still having issues after the new build.

So either fix the game or pull it from the site and don't sell it. And why would I want a coupon code for another game? What just to run into the same problem getting almost done with the game and then not being able to complete it?

Enough said!

Edited on 06/28/2014 at 1:09:28 PM PST

[Post New]by turnipkitten2011 on Jun 28, 14 9:07 PM
I am also stuck in the cabaret. I read through the instruction for running the game as administrator. This is just too much for one game. Big Fish needs to fix this so we can enjoy the game we have purchased. Have been having a lot of trouble with games lately. Been a Big Fish games member for about 15 years. Did not have all the issues back then that I have now. What Gives?

Ryvon
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Ryvon on Jun 29, 14 6:36 AM
tattas wrote:The game stopped just as I was getting to the end. Could not go forward to anything new. The hint button stopped working, I finally got it to react but it keeps me in the area of the theater. Another disappointing game. Also very frustrating. I am using PC Windows 11 64 bit. I haven't yet decided whether I will start over with a new profile. This game needs to be revamped or something. I would like to finish this game if it is possible, however, I do not know if it is possible.

I am stuck in this area also after returning from the cave. Cannot go back and the hint button does not work. Am using PC Windows 7 64 bit.

Go to: