Aeryn333
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Re:Painting Quests Have Stopped?

[Post New]by Aeryn333 on Jun 23, 14 11:32 AM
Lads and lasses, Crikey..I found out the hard way, now new quests were showing...After going to the docks talking to the bloke, did cat, got cat.. ect.. ect..I was at a lost also..until DaisyMaeDriver bless her, asked me if I clicked on the clues..No!! I must clicketh on the clues..!!! I was a wee cheesed off, then got over meself, sadly it means one has to do the mini games all over again, after reward, and building the thing do not skip that..for you MUST click on the clue After!!!..when you do a new quest will show up for each of those places, till you have 14 of them..Seems only when the NEW Quest is listed.do you start easily finding them.. .else wise mates your going in blind..I have all but Maragrets house and Bridgeport, missing paintings that are being difficult..
Must be a certain level methinks and mode on those two!!!!!

So...fellow frustrated fishies, YOU MUST CLICKETH ON ALL CLUES AFTER PLAYING THE MINI CAME AND ASSEMBLE THE WHATEVER..MUST..!!!!!!
Take it from someone who learned the very hard way..

Aye...an as someone else mentioned, the collections refuse to refresh,for me also, one time it was even an error, message saying something was not saved online or something..weird..No refresh thing is happening allot during this quest, open collection, collect reward for something anything resources to do this, same same..You don't have to exit out of the game, just click the X and close collection box, then just reopen it, each time, methinks that is a wee gltich there..
Hope this helps some..
Cheers all

Edited on 06/23/2014 at 11:43:42 AM PST

sharilm
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by sharilm on Jun 23, 14 1:31 PM
Where do I find the clues? I found the first one and completed the first painting but now don't see anything. Help!!! Does anyone remember what the mini game was from the first painting?

april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

[Post New]by april3850 on Jun 23, 14 1:42 PM
the pieces to the puzzles are in the old mini games, the puzzles are the new mini games located under the purple tab in your collections, once you complete each puzzles you will get a clue. Follow the clue to the city scene where you will find the paintings. In one of these threads there is a list of which cities contain paintings.

sharilm
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by sharilm on Jun 23, 14 1:49 PM
So which old mini games do I need to replay to get this thing started again? Is it just any one or does it have to be a certain one?

[Post New]by DaisyMaeDriver on Jun 23, 14 2:40 PM
sharilm wrote:So which old mini games do I need to replay to get this thing started again? Is it just any one or does it have to be a certain one?

Look for a PM from me. Save/print the list, tick it off as you complete them it will be a real help.

tas997
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by tas997 on Jun 23, 14 3:39 PM
Aeryn333 wrote:

So...fellow frustrated fishies, YOU MUST CLICKETH ON ALL CLUES AFTER PLAYING THE MINI CAME AND ASSEMBLE THE WHATEVER..MUST..!!!!!!
Take it from someone who learned the very hard way..

OMG...thank you, thank you, THANK YOU. That was exactly it! This has been driving me nuts, and sure enough, I redid the map, clicked on the clue, and Mr. Adventurer popped right up!

YOU ARE THE BEST

sharilm
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by sharilm on Jun 23, 14 5:58 PM
YEA!!!!!! Thank you so much. I did not realize you had to look for the parts in the old mini games so when I found the page listing everything I was so happy. Thank you to whomever did all the hard work, I really appreciate it.

Mrssfox
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

[Post New]by Mrssfox on Jun 23, 14 6:07 PM
When I got the cat, I went into the pet shop and talked to Aylen who told me to feed it. It gave me a couple quests and amber shards and as I kept going I eventually got the whole set - maybe 10 quests in all?. I then collected the reward which was a puzzle to do with a clue at the end. I clicked on the clue and Chris told me "Looks like a clue!". Then when I closed out of there, Fatima was there giving me a quest with the same clue on her quest. I then checked the city and played the obvious mode and the paintings were there.

After each set of collections/reward/clue/quest/HOS, I would go to the museum and click on the new painting and ALL the empty spots before leaving. (Yes, I realize this is probably overkill, haha)

Then, without any quest, I would start the next collection.

Edited on 06/23/2014 at 6:08:29 PM PST

mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by mgpaquin on Jun 23, 14 6:42 PM
april3850 wrote:you dont have to buy the cat, you just have to find all the puzzle pieces and then find the paintings then feed the cat in the pet shop.

I have no idea what puzzle pieces and paintings you're talking about. Are they part of another quest that I haven't seen? The only quests I have at this point are the daily auction quest, which I refuse to have anything to do with, upgrading my ledger to platinum for some insane amount of gold, and buying an Egyptian necklace for my cat. I assume I must BUY the cat before the necklace appears in the pet shop, as it certainly isn't there now.

Aeryn333
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Aeryn333 on Jun 23, 14 7:11 PM
mgpaquin wrote:
april3850 wrote:you dont have to buy the cat, you just have to find all the puzzle pieces and then find the paintings then feed the cat in the pet shop.

I have no idea what puzzle pieces and paintings you're talking about. Are they part of another quest that I haven't seen? The only quests I have at this point are the daily auction quest, which I refuse to have anything to do with, upgrading my ledger to platinum for some insane amount of gold, and buying an Egyptian necklace for my cat. I assume I must BUY the cat before the necklace appears in the pet shop, as it certainly isn't there now.

The cat is a wee different mission then the painting thefts finding them.

As for the paintings...Go to the docks, click on the dock, an adventurer, next to the plane..will pop up and explain it all to you..when the box appears next to him, click on it, it will be empty an the quests will begin...2 new quests will pop up, the second one will gain you entrance to the new area, sometimes I felt doing that first was more informative..once in the new area enter, you will become a member of the society, if you reached 1000 antique rating.. more info than will be received from the curator womon there.....eh read my above post so you don't end up, having to start again..
If you so choose to take this adventure, its good craic, you get to play detective a wee bit..cheers

mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by mgpaquin on Jun 24, 14 4:01 AM
Thanks for your explanation Aeryn! Much appreciated.

Mrssfox
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

[Post New]by Mrssfox on Jun 24, 14 5:48 AM
DrGoldin wrote:Could someone post the answer to this question, because I have no idea where to look.

sharilm wrote:So which old mini games do I need to replay to get this thing started again? Is it just any one or does it have to be a certain one?

There is a thread listing all of the collection items and where to find them here

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/284854.page

Mini games 3 to 10 in most buildings

[Post New]by tiggershome on Jun 24, 14 6:30 AM
Please can someone help me? I too cannot progress. I bought the cat, the necklace and joined the museum and completed the first painting and the shard. I wasn't offered another clue. This was 2 days ago and no matter where I go or what I click on I cannot find the adventurer or any more clues. Nor can I redo the shard mini game. What am I missing? What can I do?

tas997
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by tas997 on Jun 24, 14 10:53 AM
Hi, tigger! This same thing happened to me. Here's what you do:

You need to do any one of the crest collectible sets to get this going again. If you go to this thread: http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/284854.page
you will see the list of the mini-games that you need to visit to complete each collectible.

Once you complete one of the collectibles (and if you've already gotten the first painting from the amber shards, like I did, I wouldn't recommend redoing that one), go ahead and click "claim reward." This will bring up a mini-game for you where you need to actually assemble the collectible itself, kind of like you do in the Toy Repair Shop.

Here's the kicker: Once you finish, DON'T JUST EXIT THIS SCREEN. You'll see a clue pop up. CLICK ON THAT CLUE. Once you click, Chris will appear and tell you "looks like you found a clue. Let's check it out." THEN you an exit, and the right quest will pop up.

You'll need to do this for all of the remaining paintings. Hope this helps!

[Post New]by tiggershome on Jun 24, 14 12:23 PM
Thank you for your help :-)
However, I am not finding any pieces anywhere....I have exhausted my energy and money and not a single piece to do a collection...not even to repeat my shard....
:-(

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Jun 24, 14 5:58 PM
I assume that you have opened up the new collection section? When you click on an object then it should trigger the mini-games.
If you are still not finding any of those pieces in the mini-games as listed in the threads, then it may be that you need to re-install your game. This sometimes works for fixing individual glitches like this.
You need to totally uninstall the game from your machine and then re-install it from the site. This will not lose any of your progress - it recognises you as soon as you re-install and carries on from where you left off, but often with corrections to glitches.
Good luck!

[Post New]by LovelyLady1988 on Jun 24, 14 7:51 PM
wulfruna wrote:I assume that you have opened up the new collection section? When you click on an object then it should trigger the mini-games.
If you are still not finding any of those pieces in the mini-games as listed in the threads, then it may be that you need to re-install your game. This sometimes works for fixing individual glitches like this.
You need to totally uninstall the game from your machine and then re-install it from the site. This will not lose any of your progress - it recognises you as soon as you re-install and carries on from where you left off, but often with corrections to glitches.
Good luck!

BLESS YOU!!!!

I don't know who you are, I've probably never met you in real life, but you have just become my most favorite person in the world. Un-installed/re-installed game, first thing, new collection piece.

Seriously, you're ever in my neck of the woods, I owe you coffee...or tea...or whatever your pleasure is

sahobbs
Clownfish
Clownfish
618 Posts

[Post New]by sahobbs on Jun 24, 14 9:47 PM
I've read all's posts and ya say you can't get the paintings, right? I've done all the collections first, then put them together, and then I did all my quests. Some of the clues give you a slight hint on how to get the paintings. The toy shop is the hardest since you have to get the picky shoppers mode. The others took me a couple of tries to get the painting to show up on the items in the scroll bar before going into the site to play. Some of my tries you have to almost be perfect in getting everything because the painting would be at the end of the scroll bar.
In regards to the cat, I saved up on gold and coins during the 4 month wait for the update by getting my Achievements done, getting all my sites up to Master level, and all my buildings up to Level 5, including the Wharf. When you get to the Animal Shelter, I didn't do my updates and customizing until after I did the Quests for the cat. Then I only had to pay 120 for my cat, because it took my almost 4 days for the customizing to get done.
As I said, read the clues carefully because there is a hint on what category you have to be in to get the painting. Look for words like "don't be to quick" to buy a Yacht or children being picky at a toy shop.
I hope this helps ya'll. I'm now only logging in to get my daily star, play the daily auction, and get my Flower Shop up to Master level.

[Post New]by Happy_Ours1 on Jun 25, 14 9:47 AM
Hi Mgpaquin! A friend of mine told me to go to the Wharf and speak with Chris. I did and that's what starts the AES/portrait theft quests. I hope this helps!

Sincerely,
Happy

Go to: