Housen
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

Re:Someone else accessing my game.

[Post New]by Housen on Jul 5, 14 12:41 PM
@TiramaSue-What about the friend list? Do you recognize the people on it? Is there anybody in the forum who is/was on your list who can check what your social code is?

Unfortunately no. I had not yet placed any one on my friends list. People being there was one of my first clues that something was wrong. There should not have been anyone there, but now there are and I didn't up them there.

Edited on 07/05/2014 at 12:43:24 PM PST

DivaDoodle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,119 Posts

[Post New]by DivaDoodle on Jul 5, 14 2:10 PM
First change your pw. take off you CC. Write down your social code.
Then Until BF can fix your game, have some fun!
Change your avatar back to what you want it to be. change your name to 'get off my game' or 'Eyes On You' lol or something you like. delete the friend that is not yours and go add a few of the ones on this forum.

Create a post called who is ##### and put in your # (note, this might get you a zillion friends, people love to add members ) But maybe the person that is in your game will respond then BF can sort it out faster if they have both of you complaining that you don't wish to share a game.

GL! Let us know what happens!

Edited on 07/06/2014 at 3:56:06 PM PST

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jul 5, 14 3:42 PM
Housen wrote:@TiramaSue-What about the friend list? Do you recognize the people on it? Is there anybody in the forum who is/was on your list who can check what your social code is?

Unfortunately no. I had not yet placed any one on my friends list. People being there was one of my first clues that something was wrong. There should not have been anyone there, but now there are and I didn't up them there.

Okay, since you don't know your social code and you didn't have any friends who would know your social code, it's impossible to determine whether somebody has accessed your game or whether the database keys are not aligning properly and what you are looking at is somebody else's game.

Without your social code, I doubt that BF or Elephant Games would be able to find your game on the server since the social code is the only unique identifier.

If I were you, I'd contact customer service, explain your problem and send them the url of this thread. Ask them if continuing to play the game that you've now got will cause problems down the road. If they give you the go ahead, change the avatar to what you would it to be, change the name, delete the friends and write down the social code so if you ever have any other problems, your game can be located. Or you could ask them how to remove the game entirely from your system (god luck with that) so that you can start over with a clean slate.

Housen
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Housen on Jul 6, 14 5:05 PM
I received another email from support. Now I realize that the person was only trying to help but... Here is what he asked me. "Is there anyone else in your home that could be playing your game." I had to laugh. Don't you think that if I thought someone in my house was messing with me, that I would have done something to fix it on my own, and not bothered the support people?

Anyway I have changed my password and will see if that helps.

[Post New]by llaurelwreath on Jul 6, 14 9:26 PM

Don't forget that you need to delete the credit card information that is part of your BFG account. Since someone else has access to your game they can buy coins and diamonds using your account if you don't.

Edited on 07/06/2014 at 9:27:00 PM PST

Housen
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Housen on Jul 7, 14 9:27 AM
llaurelwreath wrote:
Don't forget that you need to delete the credit card information that is part of your BFG account. Since someone else has access to your game they can buy coins and diamonds using your account if you don't.

I appreciate your concern. Thankfully I have never entered any payment info on any website. I'm way to afraid to put that stuff online, with my luck someone else would use it.

Just want to say thanks to everyone who has made suggestions to try to help me. I've gotten better ideas from all of you then from support. Thanks again!

Housen
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Housen on Jul 7, 14 11:47 AM
Just checked into the game again. Seems that things have been changed again. Guess changing my password didn't do any good. So frustrated right now.

DivaDoodle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,119 Posts

[Post New]by DivaDoodle on Jul 7, 14 12:01 PM
Housen wrote:Just checked into the game again. Seems that things have been changed again. Guess changing my password didn't do any good. So frustrated right now.

Housen what was changed this time? so happy to hear you do not have your cc on there!
BTW what happens if you do click to buy something? can you check, but cancel or x out of it in time to not actually buy something.

Also wanted to ask you if you had unfriended the person they added and if you had changed your avatar and name in the game? I was suggesting these things just so you would have something easy to see, that would be easy to report to CS. also when you do report to CS do it on the same email they sent back to you, so all the information stays together.

GL

Housen
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Housen on Jul 8, 14 9:32 AM
DivaDoodle wrote:
Housen wrote:Just checked into the game again. Seems that things have been changed again. Guess changing my password didn't do any good. So frustrated right now.

Housen what was changed this time? so happy to hear you do not have your cc on there!
BTW what happens if you do click to buy something? can you check, but cancel or x out of it in time to not actually buy something.

Also wanted to ask you if you had unfriended the person they added and if you had changed your avatar and name in the game? I was suggesting these things just so you would have something easy to see, that would be easy to report to CS. also when you do report to CS do it on the same email they sent back to you, so all the information stays together.

GL

Thank you for your interest!

I had changed my name and removed all the added friends. But when I checked back in later that had all been put back.
1. name: H, should have been Lady Housen
2. friends deleted were put back, 1. PlayereNana, 2. Diane, I have no idea who these people are.

I'll have to check about what happens if I try to buy something. I've never tried before. Will keep you updated.

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Jul 8, 14 10:00 AM
Another suggestion, keep track of the player ID numbers as well as the name, you've seen how easy it is for a name to be changed. I don't know but there might be some way to track things with that info. It can't hurt to have it available for tech support.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jul 8, 14 10:44 AM
Housen -

I'm not sure what the game drops on your computer (some sort of cookie?) to link it up with the info on the server but whatever it is, something is corrupted.

I just did a friends search for Lady Housen, hoping to find your social number and didn't find anybody listed by that name.

There are 24 people playing as h or H.

It's possible this person H was mistakenly linked to your game (corrupted key). Or you were mistakenly linked to H's game. Unable to determine whose game it is since you didn't write down your social code.

Not sure is CS or Elephant will be able to determine the correct owner of this game. It might just be quicker and cause less grief in the long run for you to ask CS how to delete this game from your machine and start over.

Housen
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Housen on Jul 9, 14 12:24 PM
TiramaSue wrote:Housen -

I'm not sure what the game drops on your computer (some sort of cookie?) to link it up with the info on the server but whatever it is, something is corrupted.

I just did a friends search for Lady Housen, hoping to find your social number and didn't find anybody listed by that name.

There are 24 people playing as h or H.

It's possible this person H was mistakenly linked to your game (corrupted key). Or you were mistakenly linked to H's game. Unable to determine whose game it is since you didn't write down your social code.

Not sure is CS or Elephant will be able to determine the correct owner of this game. It might just be quicker and cause less grief in the long run for you to ask CS how to delete this game from your machine and start over.

You might be right. I'm still waiting for support to tell me something definite. The id code that seems to be mine is 45937. This seems to stay the same even if my name is changed.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jul 9, 14 1:52 PM
When did you first start playing the game? That id code is much lower than mine. I started playing around the middle of March. If you started playing after that date, then what's happened is that you've been linked with somebody else's game.

If you started before I did, maybe somebody else can compare their social code with yours in an effort to determine whether it's your game or somebody else's game.

I'm not sure if BFG or Elephant Games can or will use the info, but the more you can tell them, the better the chances of a successful outcome.

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Jul 9, 14 5:12 PM
I started late January and my code is in the 79,000s. Sounds like you would have had to have started early to mid-January for that code.

Housen
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Housen on Jul 10, 14 10:45 AM
rosiebvt wrote:I started late January and my code is in the 79,000s. Sounds like you would have had to have started early to mid-January for that code.

I started playing when the game was first released. The very first day. I've had a lot fun with up til now.

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Jul 10, 14 11:13 AM
You haven't mentioned - has your level changed or where you are in the quests? Has your inventory changed at all when the name/avatar changes happen? If not, I have a sneaky suspicion that there's crossed wires only in the social part of your game. I don't know if that info might help the devs locate the problem more easily. I don't know why this would only happen recently unless the other player just started and had an accidental linkup with your ID.

[Post New]by Arizona63Tucson on Jul 10, 14 5:27 PM
Housen wrote:
DivaDoodle wrote:

GL

Thank you for your interest!

I had changed my name and removed all the added friends. But when I checked back in later that had all been put back.
1. name: H, should have been Lady Housen
2. friends deleted were put back, 1. PlayereNana, 2. Diane, I have no idea who these people are.

I'll have to check about what happens if I try to buy something. I've never tried before. Will keep you updated.

I took the liberty and did a little checking there is a PlayerNana , she plays SUPER GRANNY and there are 5 or 6 games to the series .

Diane : there are 418 scattered through the forums and there are 21 playing in Midnight Castle

Don't know if this is any help but it is a little more information

Housen
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Housen on Jul 11, 14 9:23 AM
rosiebvt wrote:You haven't mentioned - has your level changed or where you are in the quests? Has your inventory changed at all when the name/avatar changes happen? If not, I have a sneaky suspicion that there's crossed wires only in the social part of your game. I don't know if that info might help the devs locate the problem more easily. I don't know why this would only happen recently unless the other player just started and had an accidental linkup with your ID.

Yes, my level did change. When this mess started I was at level 18, now I'm level 21. I don't mind that, but I would have liked to have gotten there on my own. And there is always a lot of different stuff in my inventory. And quests that I start are generally always done and new ones started when I check back in.

Thanks to Arizona63Tucson for checking on those other players listed in my friends list that I don't know. I would like to try to contact them and see if they are having problems, especially the player "H" that seems to be linked to my game. Unfortunately there are so many players listed as "H" it would be impossible to narrow down the right one.

To any player using the name "H" in Midnight Castle that has been experiencing problem like the ones I have described please contact me. Maybe if we both contact support it will help get a quicker resolution.

Also if anyone has some free time and wants to, check out the player ID 45937, this is the one that is supposed to be mine. I'm curious as to what info can be found about it if a player search is done.

guppies56
Clownfish
Clownfish
798 Posts

[Post New]by guppies56 on Jul 11, 14 9:36 AM
Housen wrote:
rosiebvt wrote:You haven't mentioned - has your level changed or where you are in the quests? Has your inventory changed at all when the name/avatar changes happen? If not, I have a sneaky suspicion that there's crossed wires only in the social part of your game. I don't know if that info might help the devs locate the problem more easily. I don't know why this would only happen recently unless the other player just started and had an accidental linkup with your ID.

Yes, my level did change. When this mess started I was at level 18, now I'm level 21. I don't mind that, but I would have liked to have gotten there on my own. And there is always a lot of different stuff in my inventory. And quests that I start are generally always done and new ones started when I check back in.

Thanks to Arizona63Tucson for checking on those other players listed in my friends list that I don't know. I would like to try to contact them and see if they are having problems, especially the player "H" that seems to be linked to my game. Unfortunately there are so many players listed as "H" it would be impossible to narrow down the right one.

To any player using the name "H" in Midnight Castle that has been experiencing problem like the ones I have described please contact me. Maybe if we both contact support it will help get a quicker resolution.

Also if anyone has some free time and wants to, check out the player ID 45937, this is the one that is supposed to be mine. I'm curious as to what info can be found about it if a player search is done.

Ive just put the number into search and it comes up as "H" male detective avatar, sorry it's not a lot to go on

gernespieler
Catfish
Catfish
1,615 Posts

[Post New]by gernespieler on Jul 11, 14 9:37 AM
if you search for 45937 you get the info

H, level 21

None of the H or h players is on level 18

Go to: