snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Fright Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Jun 29, 14 4:36 AM
I like this developer a lot and this game is as good if not better than their earlier games. Unlike some others, I had no lags and the actors lip movements matched the words being spoken. I like the combination of real locations integrated with realistic art and live action characters and the story is interesting and involving.

There are collectables, by the way. Look for dollar bills. And the map allows you to jump to locations. It's definitely worthy of being called a CE.

ETA: Other than the screwy audio, this is a fabulous game. I played the main game for at least four hours.

Edited on 06/29/2014 at 3:04:05 PM PST

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Jun 29, 14 6:27 AM
the most inventive game i have played the last 6 months!HO totally renewed with success and kind of story i love the best!took me 6 hours to play all along,which is good
i plyed yet games from this dev and loved them very much!

Edited on 06/29/2014 at 6:27:42 AM PST

JoFin
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by JoFin on Jun 29, 14 6:53 AM
Thanks to " Just the Facts " , for another informative review. I always look for them and I am highly disappointed if I don't find your opinions. You cover all my questions and then I can demo with confidence before I decide to buy. Keep up the great work.

CoolGrammy1
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by CoolGrammy1 on Jun 29, 14 8:04 AM
I didn't find the game all that creepy....the music was annoying and I found it was trying to make it seem edge of your seat while the game was slooooowwww moving. The graphics were muddy but fit the atmosphere of the game. The hint took a while to charge even in the easiest mode. Overall I didn't even finish the demo.... I may go back and try again and see how I feel, but the music annoyed me so much that I couldn't stand it anymore and left the game.

gmmace
Minnow
Minnow
249 Posts

[Post New]by gmmace on Jun 29, 14 9:22 AM
I'm on the fence on this one. I'm getting pretty sick of princesses and fairies and all the cutesy themed games, so this is a nice change of pace. I tend to skip most cutscenes anyway, so the non-syncing voiceovers don't bother me too much, but the gameplay is clunky at times. I like the game, but I will probably wait for the SE.

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on Jun 29, 14 11:05 AM
I too was pretty much on the fence with this game which is why I waited until this morning to purchase. All I can say is "Eh." The game really wasn't anything to write home about. From the very beginning, it is just one bad actor after the next. I mean come on, the bus driver was way over the top. His passing out scene reminded me of something from like the Three Stooges, where they die...oh no they didn't...maybe...nope....etc.. I am actually surprised to see all the great reviews that it is getting. I not only lost the voiceover sound very early in the game, I lost all sound. I do have to give it to the developers for their creative way of doing HOS, now that was quite different.
In all honesty, would I recommend this game...probably not over some of the other games that have come out recently. Would the SE be a great use for your free coupon, Sure. I'm glad that I paid sale price for this game, since the standard CE price IMO is pushing it.
Enjoy.

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Jun 29, 14 12:10 PM
***UPON FINISHING GAME

Sunny is a little perturbed at the BF pond! First complaint is that this game is way, way to short to be classified as a CE. I finished this game in a little over two hours (Pet Nerd clocked me) and that was completing all puzzles! Second complaint is that the voice tracking in this game POOF! - disappeared completely. I had to read the comments in order to complete the game and that became rather annoying. THIS GAME DID NOT DESERVE TO BE A CE.

Sorry - but I was premature in giving this a 6 STAR RATING. I RATE THIS GAME 2 STARS OUT OF 5 STARS FOR POOR CONSTRUCTION AND BEING VERY SHORT!

Edited on 06/29/2014 at 12:12:00 PM PST

pgillenw
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

Overall it was a good game but it could have been a great one!

[Post New]by pgillenw on Jun 29, 14 2:36 PM
The games story was a good one but needed more development. The Mom seemed a culprit but more could have been done to nail her. The story ends abruptly both in the main and the extra chapter.

The game lacked good QA. As reported the game lost voice overs and what did occur added much to the story, the actors were good. This saddened me.

I was successful finishing the game, both the main and extra chapter,with only one crash.

As I stated in the subject line "it was a good game but it could have been a great one!"

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Jun 29, 14 5:33 PM
Certainly a different game with very interesting and different HOS and puzzles, however there is quite a lot of dialog and it seems to drag on. Realistic characters (real people?), but the story is just a bit slow.

Transporter map was a bit confusing until I figured out it has clues within the map...if that makes sense. Coloring was a bit dark and that got old. It stopped working on me at one time and I had to go out and come back in again and do the same scene, then it moved on. I too lost the voice-over but that didn't bother me since the voice-over never went with the movements...but it was still wierd.

Not sure if this is CE quality even for a 50% off on the next to the last day before you lose your credits if you don't fill up your card.

I think I'll wait for the SE and on sale. At this point (demoed only), I would give this a 2+ out of 5. Your choice.

Edited on 06/29/2014 at 5:35:51 PM PST

lizzannee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by lizzannee on Jun 30, 14 12:33 AM
thevoices dnt work in the game their talking but you dnt hear them

[Post New]by NancySusan on Jun 30, 14 8:33 AM
Despite some reservations with the game, I was going to get it because I love mysteries, and I, too, am perhaps a little tired of fairies, etc. But, wow this game is not only glitchy, there's also been carelessness in putting it together, to the point my enjoyment was diminishing. The tech issues thread speaks to the fact that the characters voices aren't always synched, or voiceovers are lost completely -- so far in a little under an hour of play that only happened to me once when there was no sound for the the motel clerk's dialogue. I exited the demo at several points, and each time when I went back, I found that the game wasn't automatically saving my last move or even my last move or two, and I had to re-do them. Then I'm pretty sure the game started in 1962, but suddenly the missing people are listed as 1965. Plus the weird mini-game matching fingerprint whorls. Yikes. I'd probably not have that much problem with the States game, but I imagine it could drive non-USers nuts. Anyway, I'm not purchasing this anytime soon, despite liking the premise, setting and voice actors -- well, more or less. I'd like to see the actual game glitches cleared up (the dates are pretty much set, too bad), before I reconsider.

lumimat
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by lumimat on Jun 30, 14 10:09 PM
This game confuses me. It has so much care and attention devoted to an original plot with innovative game features and the most realistic OMG-I'm-in-a-movie feel of any game I've ever played. And yet it's one of the buggiest games. Why were the technical issues not fixed? I don't understand. Why go 99% all out and then completely drop the ball in the finishing details.

This game should be one of the highest-rated, best sellers of the year, but people are getting frustrated and I don't blame them.

I give it an enthusiastic 5 out of 5, but also understand why the game isn't doing well. And it's a darn shame.

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Jul 1, 14 11:24 AM
Just finished the trial and looks to be interesting and will like to find out just what is happening in that town? Give it 4 out of 5 stars

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Jul 2, 14 8:54 PM
Well, as I am off work tomorrow and Friday (yippee!!), in celebration of the 4th of July, I was looking for a game to draw me in and play all night if necessary!! Not sure if this is the game or not, as I had a bit of real life drama while downloading the game - my neighbor knocked on my door and informed me that my car had just been side-swiped and hit and run! So, after the police had left, I returned, stunned and P.O'd!! to play the game. I think I will buy the game, just not now, as I think I'll wait for an even better sale!! This game is fairly creepy, don't like real actors in games as I have mentioned many times before, but I agree with the positive reviews that it is a well-made, interesting game and fairly long, as far as I can tell. I guess I'll continue to shop and call my insurance co. in the AM!!

feenix

Maryish
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Maryish on Jul 3, 14 5:56 PM
[i] Excellent game does have a lot of Fright in it however - very SHORT game sorry I bought as collector's, game better bought with a free code

mar39
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by mar39 on Jul 3, 14 9:07 PM
I like *really* scary stuff, but while this isn't, it's at least spookier and creepier than most. I'm getting tired of fairies and witches too and would like more of these types of games. The live actors were fine (although some very campy) and I did like the different HO games. Problem for me was (a) extra game not worth it and (b) as someone else said, at the end I didn't understand what happened! I really like a game to wrap up at the end and make sense and I can't say this did that.

[Post New]by mimicampdesert on Jul 5, 14 1:27 AM
Review of completed game. I am so happy I purchased this game. It was everything I could have wanted and more. I have not completed the bonus chapter yet. Game was so different and engaging. I really took my time and enjoyed every minute. I did not want it to end. I liked all puzzles, although some were difficult. I liked the fact that I was not overloaded with HOG at every turn. HOG scenes were superb! Some misspelled words, grammatical errors and typo's but it did not bother me one bit. I have to say this is one creepy game. There were a few times it made my heart skip a beat, and I do not scare easily. As for length of the game I did not get the chance to play straight through, but would say other reviews that it took 2 1/2 hours is not true. I guess if you skip all puzzles and rush through every scene maybe, but I still don't see how that is possible. It took me probably 4 hours (really took my time) and I still have not played the bonus chapter or the extra puzzles you buy with your collected dollars. Hours and hours of game play for me. This should win game of the year, but sadly it won't because I know this type of game does not appeal to all. I loved it!!

smokey735
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by smokey735 on Jul 5, 14 12:24 PM
This is the best game for a long time. I have been waiting for a game for adult people thank you devs.I love it. And I agree with you mimicampdesert this should be the winner of this year not the childish games that is on ever game site

Edited on 07/05/2014 at 12:40:46 PM PST

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Jul 6, 14 12:18 AM
Wow!!! I played the demo today, bought the game right away even though I can't afford it, and played it straight through. I didn't run into any major glitches which I can't say about the last game I bought.

This game is creepy and that is the way I like them. There is nothing I like more than a spooky, fallen apart motel and this one being played in the mid-fifties time period makes it even better.

The HOS are very interactive and just my speed. I didn't feel the need to skip any puzzles. A few times I had no idea what I was supposed to do at first but the instructions helped. The game play was smooth for the most part with the exception of the lip-synching and something weird near the end which didn't really detract from the game - it was just weird.

Now I have a craving for popcorn.

Edit: I've played it twice now and I wish wish wish there were more games like it. This has got to be one of my favorite all-time games and now other games seem dull in comparison. I know it's not that scary; I think it's the whole fifties kitschy theme that makes it succeed. I have seen some old motels on Route 66 and once on Hwy. 101 in northern California when I was lost in the middle of nowhere and it was getting dark (I almost stopped there but I couldn't decide if it was abandoned or not) and I love the idea of creepy old places and wondering what to expect.

Encore!!
Bravo!!

Edited on 07/16/2014 at 3:53:20 PM PST

NouniSmile
Koi
Koi
281,317 Posts

[Post New]by NouniSmile on Jul 6, 14 10:47 PM
Tried the demo and it is really a good game. Didn't have any problems, hopefully it will stay like this after I buy it.

Go to: