Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Fright Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by ZooKeeper100 on Jun 28, 14 8:26 AM
I'm having same problems with voices and I bought the CE version. Also now stuck in the scene where you give the mother her inhaler. She still appears in "ghost" form on the screen as she leaves and it won't let me continue the game. Getting really cross now - Grrrrrr!! If it can't be fixed I want my money back!

scpotamus
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by scpotamus on Jun 28, 14 8:41 AM
Same problem with voiceovers and got stuck in one inset once, had to go to main menu and back. This is a great game and definitely want it fixed soon.

[Post New]by Mojocat on Jun 28, 14 8:50 AM
catbag8717 wrote:Sometimes there's a glitch in the voice-overs. The text appears and the lips move, but no sound comes out.

Same here.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Jun 28, 14 9:15 AM
Hey there Everyone,

It sorry to see that some of you are running into technical issues and I definitely address those here shortly.

For now, if you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

[Post New]by nelliegemini on Jun 28, 14 9:22 AM
I have the voiceover problem, first it was fine, then the lip sync went, then the sound of the voice went altogether. The last time I remember the sound (lip sync going crazy) was round about when (highlight - spoiler issue) the bus driver stole the baby, and the older lady looked after the mum.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Jun 28, 14 10:48 AM
Hi All,

I'm very sorry to see that there have been some technical problems with the game.

If you are experiencing downloading problems, please check out the link below for some troubleshooting tips that can help:

????Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

If you are seeing access or game crashes, check out the help article links below:

Access Violation

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

As for the issues with the voice overs, we are currently looking into that and we will definitely post here in the forums as soon as we have more information from the developer.

Also, please feel free to contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. One of our Reps can troubleshoot this issue for you to figure out what's going on.

I hope this helps!

bfgWendwater

RainbowElf
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by RainbowElf on Jun 28, 14 11:36 AM
The voiceover thing was not the only issue in the game for myself.

When the lady in the motel hands you the potion list thing it goes into the inventory but she is still trying to give it to you, resulting in you been unable to proceed.

I was looking forward to this when I saw it up, but it is slow clunky and there seems to be quite a few bugs in it.

A real shame.

[Post New]by ZooKeeper100 on Jun 28, 14 12:56 PM
Thanks bfgWendwater - but it didn't work! I give up!!! No more bfg for me. Shame

[Post New]by dtbennett on Jun 28, 14 1:22 PM
I'm stuck in the shelter. I've entered the correct code but it won't let me out. Also, having issues with the voice overs. I'm on a mac OSX 10.8.5

MerryDaze
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by MerryDaze on Jun 28, 14 2:29 PM
Same sound issues as mentioned by many others. It's a shame because the game is fun otherwise. I'm on the bonus chapter now & there are no voices to be heard at all.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Jun 28, 14 2:30 PM
I am about halfway through the game and the only problem experienced thus far is the voiceovers not always working. If that is the only problem encountered I can live with it, but it would be nice if this problem could be fixed.

druh
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by druh on Jun 28, 14 2:36 PM
ZooKeeper100 wrote:I'm having same problems with voices and I bought the CE version. Also now stuck in the scene where you give the mother her inhaler. She still appears in "ghost" form on the screen as she leaves and it won't let me continue the game. Getting really cross now - Grrrrrr!! If it can't be fixed I want my money back!

Me, too. can't get mother's "ghost" to go away. Can't move out of office and can't move via the map. Stuck!

Cookyville
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by Cookyville on Jun 28, 14 3:21 PM
kboozer wrote:I didn't know where to put my reply....so here goes...this game is sooooo slow, making it impossible to play. I am so disappointed. I was hoping for a great game and got something entirely different.
I can't believe BF expects us to pay the prices they ask for this. This game needs to go back to the drawing board. I hope there's a fix on the way.

I am downloading it as a 'trial' & it is taking FOREVER

Maybe I better just cancel download

Swim On

CookyFish

joyzebra
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by joyzebra on Jun 28, 14 3:30 PM
no voice. In scene with lady she gives me a recipe but I can't close the scene..she is still holding the recipe even though it is in my inventory. I quit!

[Post New]by ZooKeeper100 on Jun 28, 14 3:52 PM
Tried uninstalling then re-installing - now I can't get into the game at all!!! BF - DO SOMETHING!!!!

New1
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by New1 on Jun 28, 14 4:04 PM
I can't give the driver the pain pills....it's driving me crazy!!!
BF why do you continue to release games that are not functional?

tinsel34
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by tinsel34 on Jun 28, 14 4:23 PM
I got to the bonus game ,when i give the key to the owner for the gate it goes black screen and big curser but nothing else.Have tried reloading but still the same. Abit frustrating as no issues until now.Please fix. thanks.

sportygal2009
Salmon
Salmon
2,503 Posts

[Post New]by sportygal2009 on Jun 28, 14 4:33 PM
catbag8717 wrote:Sometimes there's a glitch in the voice-overs. The text appears and the lips move, but no sound comes out.

Same here. I didn't encounter this until after I purchased the game. Everything went great for me during the demo time.

Oh and I'm running on PC Windows 7 64 bit and customer service already has my Dr. Felix report.

[Post New]by jacklight on Jun 28, 14 4:37 PM
I downloaded the demo version with no problems, then when I went to play the game it dosent even open, it just disappears!!! I even deleted it and then re-downloaded that didnt help at all Seems like this game is gong to be a technical nightmare. Too bad, I was really looking forward to playing and/or buying.

lkbambi
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by lkbambi on Jun 28, 14 4:59 PM
mawhiteing wrote:Has anyone else had a problem with the scene where the Bus driver is on the ground offering you the Badge and once you take the badge, the game will not allow you to exit out of the close up? I managed to find a way out of the scene so I could use the badge and continue further into the game, but when I returned to the bus to help the driver...He was still Offering me the badge (even though I had already taken and used it) and I still couldn't get the inset to close.

Go to: