Which pet to craft?

Re:Which pet to craft?

[Post New]by DecipherWarlord on Aug 8, 14 12:57 AM
Instead of making yet another pet subject, decided to revive this one.

If you guys end up with the phoenix egg, craft it!

Got 5 golden chests so far in about 20-25 uses. That's by far the most effective pet for this. Sure he needs 20k and 4 unique stamps, but he already gave me 3 of those stamps back as well.

Seriously, so far all the pets are the same, but the Phoenix is the first to show me difference.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Aug 8, 14 1:39 AM
this is a game of luck and chance so no sure fire solution

It took me 4 plus months to get 30 gold chests

I adopted the following and now have 62 gold chests (32 in one month)

I only feed
Phoenix/turtle alternate favouring phoenix
panda
piggy
Puppy

when i was trying to feed them all i had less return-
of course I wont get a gold chest for weeks now I said that

Hildeguard
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Hildeguard on Aug 8, 14 4:01 AM
My griffin is better than the phoenix and he was free. I got a silver chest with the phoenix and I thought wow finely, I got 4 Plain stamps from the silver chest.

I have sent the phoenix everywhere I can think of and he is worthless. None of my pets are any good. I wish I could sell or trade them all. I would get rid of the lot of them.

Now I give away the food or sell it, they can starve in the box. No more pets for me.

magdabella
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by magdabella on Aug 8, 14 7:34 AM
How do you know what type of chest you got? It's not an actual chest so how do you know it's silver, rusty or gold etc

orchidna
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

[Post New]by orchidna on Aug 8, 14 8:58 AM
magdabella wrote:How do you know what type of chest you got? It's not an actual chest so how do you know it's silver, rusty or gold etc

When the chest shows up after you feed a pet, look at it. Gold chests will look gold, silver will look silver, etc.

Edited on 08/08/2014 at 8:59:14 AM PST

Pycyn
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Pycyn on Aug 8, 14 11:13 AM
been playing for months ,got a griffin and snail ,haven't got any gold chests boo,hoo.
somebody must be getting my share ha ha

[Post New]by DecipherWarlord on Aug 8, 14 12:55 PM
Hildeguard wrote:My griffin is better than the phoenix and he was free. I got a silver chest with the phoenix and I thought wow finely, I got 4 Plain stamps from the silver chest.

I have sent the phoenix everywhere I can think of and he is worthless. None of my pets are any good. I wish I could sell or trade them all. I would get rid of the lot of them.

Now I give away the food or sell it, they can starve in the box. No more pets for me.

Don't get it. What does it cost to use the food you get free to feed pets? Occasionnaly they will give you gold and sometimes unique stamps and you have a chance for gold chests! (They give 400 gold per and usually totals 1200 to 2000 gold per chest)... I mean, I don't get your way of thinking. It's not like food costs you anything. Just feed one of them depending on the food you have and don't bother more than that. They give a plus value nonetheless, you know.

[Post New]by oreobob on Aug 8, 14 1:15 PM
My go-to animals are:
phoenix (by the fire fountain/fortune wheel)
turtle (somewhere in Cloud City)
piggy (tavern)
tiger (underground grotto)
panda (somewhere in town)
puppy (tavern)
squirrel (on the airship - guess he's looking for his tail)

in all cases, I make sure I have searched the HO's in the area first (no sparkles), except for the pig, which someone once gave as a tip to only search the game table and not the bar counter. I know its just luck , but it seems to work and I've gotten gold chests from all of them.

[Post New]by DecipherWarlord on Aug 8, 14 1:23 PM
oreobob wrote:My go-to animals are:
phoenix (by the fire fountain/fortune wheel)
turtle (somewhere in Cloud City)
piggy (tavern)
tiger (underground grotto)
panda (somewhere in town)
puppy (tavern)
squirrel (on the airship - guess he's looking for his tail)

in all cases, I make sure I have searched the HO's in the area first (no sparkles), except for the pig, which someone once gave as a tip to only search the game table and not the bar counter. I know its just luck , but it seems to work and I've gotten gold chests from all of them.

Huh? Do you mean to use pets in certain areas to receive better goods? And do HOS before using them?

[Post New]by oreobob on Aug 8, 14 7:37 PM
Yes and yes. Those are the areas I seem to get the best chest types (gold or silver). Contents vary. I have no idea if this really works, but it is rare that I don't get more than what I would get if I just sold the food. But then again, I tend to feed the tiger and puppy (5 and 8 food, respectively) more often because they don't eat as much.

[Post New]by Blueyeprinces69 on Aug 9, 14 7:13 PM
Good evening..can someone please tell me how you feed your pets in different areas. Very new to game and took way too long go even figure out how to crafts pets. And let's don't mention how long it took before finding flowers .. Now I'm in search of best pet and golden treasure thanks in advance and feel free to add me..i380259

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Aug 9, 14 7:57 PM
Hi, Blueeye and welcome to the forum,
At the top of the forum is a stickied thread called "Helpful Links" and this has all sorts of good info on playing the game, how to get around, and just about everything else you need to know. Start with the Strategy Guide for a good overview of everything that's coming. There's a section on Pets with costs, etc.
By feeding your pets in different areas we mean just that, when you're in a particular area of the castle, you feed your pet by clicking on it if you have enough food. You'll know if you do, because it will show a number like 7/5 under the pet. If it shows 3/5, that means you have 3 but need 5 to feed it. Each pet takes a different kind of food, you can see what you have in your inventory, click on the tab with a paw.

[Post New]by Blueyeprinces69 on Aug 9, 14 9:36 PM
Thank you.. I was trying to move the pet.. Lol.. Blonde moment ?

[Post New]by DecipherWarlord on Aug 10, 14 11:12 AM
Blueyeprinces69 wrote:Good evening..can someone please tell me how you feed your pets in different areas. Very new to game and took way too long go even figure out how to crafts pets. And let's don't mention how long it took before finding flowers .. Now I'm in search of best pet and golden treasure thanks in advance and feel free to add me..i380259

Anyways, nourished my Phoenix only in the phoenix area and got only rusty chests and a marble one, last rusty chest giving me only plain stamps so... that rumor of getting better goods by feeding a pet a certain area is false. It's luck wherever you feed it.

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Aug 18, 14 12:36 PM
Greetings all! This is my first post to this forum, and I love this thread! Thanks to all for the great info!

Started playing MC a couple of months ago due to the "egging on" (no pun intended) of a good friend. I have 5 pets at the moment...griffin, puppy (simple food), winged cat, owl (special food) and the pink piggy (rare food). I have had zero luck with any of them except the piggy, who has brought me one gold chest so far. (I don't remember where I sent her off from, but I do wonder if location really does make a difference. Food seems to be rather scarce, so I haven't really been able to properly check this out.)

I really wish all the pet threads could somehow be combined together, as I am having a bit of trouble finding them all, but wanted a pet that ate the "blue food" (unique) & have learned from reading all the pet threads I could locate that it would be the Phoenix, and also that the Phoenix seems to come out on top in terms of successfully bringing back the goods. So, when I saw the Phoenix egg on the wheel last week, I spent all my coin and then sold off some goods to finally obtain it. No way I wasn't going to get that egg! Not enough coin to craft it yet, but it's a goal I'm really looking forward to!

Except for the puppy, which was an achievement award, all my eggs have come from the wheel. I have two besides the Phoenix I haven't yet crafted...the snail and the lemur. From reading, it seems the snail may not be worth it, but I see no mention of the lemur. Anyone care to weigh in on this?

I'd actually like to have a "winning pet" for each type of food, so any input/opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Toffifee
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,383 Posts

[Post New]by Toffifee on Aug 18, 14 1:20 PM
My favourite pet at this moment is the pink piggy - brought about 35% gold chests until now.
I don't feed the snail any more, for 15 food the result is rather weak - I prefer hedgehog with 6 normal food for this one, next best result with purring Manticore.
And with special food the owl brought the best results so far.
Addition: I didn't care from which place I feeded them ...

[Post New]by Arizona63Tucson on Aug 18, 14 1:32 PM
NoFishToday wrote:Greetings all! This is my first post to this forum, and I love this thread! Thanks to all for the great info!

Started playing MC a couple of months ago due to the "egging on" (no pun intended) of a good friend. I have 5 pets at the moment...griffin, puppy (simple food), winged cat, owl (special food) and the pink piggy (rare food). I have had zero luck with any of them except the piggy, who has brought me one gold chest so far. (I don't remember where I sent her off from, but I do wonder if location really does make a difference. Food seems to be rather scarce, so I haven't really been able to properly check this out.)

I really wish all the pet threads could somehow be combined together, as I am having a bit of trouble finding them all, but wanted a pet that ate the "blue food" (unique) & have learned from reading all the pet threads I could locate that it would be the Phoenix, and also that the Phoenix seems to come out on top in terms of successfully bringing back the goods. So, when I saw the Phoenix egg on the wheel last week, I spent all my coin and then sold off some goods to finally obtain it. No way I wasn't going to get that egg! Not enough coin to craft it yet, but it's a goal I'm really looking forward to!

Except for the puppy, which was an achievement award, all my eggs have come from the wheel. I have two besides the Phoenix I haven't yet crafted...the snail and the lemur. From reading, it seems the snail may not be worth it, but I see no mention of the lemur. Anyone care to weigh in on this?

I'd actually like to have a "winning pet" for each type of food, so any input/opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Hell-o WELCOME

Try the EGGS TO GIFT AND THE EGGS TO TRADE threads . They might be able to help you

GOOD LUCK

Go to: