sollys
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for Secrets of the Dark: The Flower of Shadow Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by sollys on Jul 5, 14 7:14 AM
I had NO problem playing the demo. It is overall a lovely game and I am enjoying everything about it including the storyline I think the graphics are fabulous.

Linda_S_55
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for Secrets of the Dark: The Flower of Shadow Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Linda_S_55 on Jul 5, 14 7:32 AM
I'm running Windows 8 and it was running VERY slow for me as well. I found in the options that you can turn off "High Quality" and for me it worked much better. I didn't see any change in the clarity or quality of the game by turning off High Quality. At times it still runs a little slow but for the most part, it's performing much better.

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on Jul 5, 14 7:39 AM
_DD_ wrote:As always, it would be helpful to know what system everyone is playing on, to see whether there's a pattern. I wonder whether Win 8 might be the culprit.

Demo'd the game on PC
Win 7 Professional (Service Pack 1) 64 Bit, NVidia GeForce GTX 670

Iw/o problems, esp. no slowness at all.

I am running Win 8.1 64bit, NVidia GeForce GT630M with 10GB ram on 23" monitor. No sluggishness or any problems so far except for the screen goes from bright to very dark which I believe it's supposed to do but not a fan of this as an environment feature.

ETA: The only real problem I encountered while playing the main game was when playing the turtle match mini game. Once I had cleared the matching turtles it did not trigger the lone turtle to move as it should. I exited the mini game and returned which did set the trigger for movement to get the code needed.

Edited on 07/05/2014 at 12:34:58 PM PST

jdlane32
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by jdlane32 on Jul 5, 14 7:57 AM
Vista here. No problems with slowness, but the magnet is a showstopper. When I use the hint, it highlights the area I found the magnet, so I'm assuming it hasn't updated the item in inventory, even though I have it. I've tried closing the game and restarting without any success. As there are others with the same problem, I'm hoping Big Fish will escalate this.

jaylake
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by jaylake on Jul 5, 14 8:56 AM
Hi JDLane32

I Started a magnet thread. I was told to click left of the nest. Have got fed up trying but going to give my 11th try. If you succeed let me know. I have not shown this as a spoiler because it did not work for me

arthurC
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

[Post New]by arthurC on Jul 5, 14 9:53 AM
I can't exit the game without using Task Manager. 'Main Menu' must be off the screen.
Any advice?
Thanks
Jo

[Post New]by unitivekitten1 on Jul 5, 14 10:23 AM
I was also having problem with the magnet. What i did was open the option and unchecked the widescreen and cursor and the magnet worked no problem able to move on from there. Hope this helps

jaylake
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by jaylake on Jul 5, 14 10:36 AM
How did you think of that for the magnet problem. It worked so thank you for sharing this. Really should have been checked as that is not a logical fix.

Thanks again

pungstress
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by pungstress on Jul 5, 14 11:01 AM
In the hog in the girl's bedroom, I found the nail file and the lip gloss but wasn't able to find anything else. Hint was no help; it pointed out the doll's head and clicking there(and all around it)did not do anything. The strategy guide was useless as it just says to play the hog but doesn't have a screenshot of the hog or clues as to what it is you need to find. Anyone have an idea about what it is I'm looking for there?
This is a very outdated game.

Edited on 07/05/2014 at 11:02:45 AM PST

pungstress
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by pungstress on Jul 5, 14 11:06 AM
BTW; is it just me or does anyone else get annoyed that a rep from BFG does a cut and paste to all of the game tech issues threads about the standard problems and solutions you might face, but rarely posts again to address specific problems that are posted here?
Just wondering.

VickiS531
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by VickiS531 on Jul 5, 14 11:50 AM
I'm having several problems with this game.

1 - When trying to navigate via the map, the place I want to go jumps crazily. I've pretty much given up on trying to move via the map.
2 - photo game, I had them in the correct spots, couldn't get it to give me the item, ended up skipping.
3 - HO in the pet store. Couldn't place the magnet, used a hint and figured it out and now I cannot use the knife!

I bought this game because of the previous other games were outstanding, now I am very much regretting this purchase.

ISSUE A FIX, FAST!

I'm running Windows 7 on a ThinkPad e520. All my drivers and software are up to date.

unanymous
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by unanymous on Jul 5, 14 11:52 AM
Boy, did Oreon ever screw up on THIS one! They couldn't even get the screen resolution right and I am NOT paying for a game--let alone a CE that I can't see without correcting for THEIR oversight! What happened devs--did you fire someone talented and hire someone else for less money??

PS- I'm running windows 8.1, 64, with GEforce so please don't tell me it's MY gaming laptop!

Edited on 07/05/2014 at 11:55:10 AM PST

jdlane32
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by jdlane32 on Jul 5, 14 12:32 PM
Disabling the wide screen worked to get the magnet functional. Thanks so much. Other than the jello map jiggles, I'm not having any other problems with the game. Map is irritating, but I can still play.

Raven_wing
Herring
Herring
320 Posts

[Post New]by Raven_wing on Jul 5, 14 12:42 PM
I'm not having any trouble with slowness, my problem is with the cursor shaking. I'm on a Win 7.

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Jul 5, 14 12:54 PM
I'm running on Vista; I did uncheck the "sharpness" option. Scene changes are faster and HOS items go into inventory quicker.

gmes4me
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by gmes4me on Jul 5, 14 4:09 PM
I can't get past the first hop and I can not read the guide. I have a nail file and lip gloss. This is ridiculous.

gmes4me
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by gmes4me on Jul 5, 14 4:15 PM
Finally used the nail file on the clock, Definitely not buying this game it's a mess.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Jul 5, 14 5:14 PM
I had to start over and checked "sparkles" this time... when I got to that HOG in the girl's room, the sparkle alerted me to a ring I had missed that's in the box. There's only a portion of it showing so it's easy to miss. From there, it's easy enough to finish the scene.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Jul 5, 14 7:23 PM
Hi All,

I'm sorry to see that some of you are having problems with the game.

If you are having problems with the display or resolution, please check out this link for some great troubleshooting tips:

Screen Resolution

If you are having issues with the game running slowly, this link can help get to the source of the issue:

?Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If the problems persist, please feel free to contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. One of our Reps can troubleshoot this issue for you to figure out what's going on.

I hope this help!

bfgWendwater

[Post New]by BoomchuckPxyNiki on Jul 5, 14 9:00 PM
Hey, if you're running this on Windows 8.1, try setting the options so that widescreen is disabled. I was having the same graphics issue, and it seems to be a glitch that changing the settings helps to fix. It does end up making the image slightly vertically smushed, but not to an uncomfortable degree. In the meantime, BFG, if you could work on getting the bug fixed, that'd be great, and the rest of us won't miss out on trying out the game due to this glitch.

Just a suggestion.

Go to: