Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Post any Nightfall: An Edgar Allan Poe Mystery technical issues here only

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 15, 14 6:39 PM
Melvel... when you click on the "Menu" - the first tab at the right on the bottom screen - you have a choice of going into "Settings", which are your "Options". This does not just come up in window mode. If it does in your case, I would suggest to reinstall the game.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 15, 14 6:59 PM
After all the reports that told me that the game will crash when I click on the Zombies, I never did click on it.

There is an updated version, twinsoniclab, which hopefully has dealt with this issue.

I am still not able to install the update via the GM. It keeps telling me that my app can't connect to the BF server. So what I did was uninstall the game, and am now installing it again from the main game page. Don't know why I can install it from there, but not directly from the GM.

unanymous
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by unanymous on Jul 15, 14 9:51 PM
Just downloaded and installed the update, hoping it would solve the crash problem when clicking on the zombies. Sorry BFG, but if this update was meant to fix this problem it is woefully unsuccessful. Could you please ask ERS to give it another go? This really is a delightful game, and I'm curious about what happens when we finally have successful access to getting rid of the zombies--not to mention not having to reopen the game after an automatic shut down each time. Thanks!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 15, 14 11:41 PM
I decided not to click on the Zombies, but wait to see what others say about the update. Am glad I came here first.

Am now waiting for a moderator to make a thread to tell us what has actually been done to warrant the update.

ETA: I just realised that the "buy your first kit" meter is no longer there. So that was taken away with the update - thank goodness. It was stuck at 70+ hours forever.

Edited on 07/15/2014 at 11:59:49 PM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 16, 14 7:09 AM
Nope, I was wrong, or maybe it was sneaked back in again, but I am still/again seeing the "Get Starter Pack" on the main map.

What is it still doing there? It's stuck to 70+ something hours. The 72 hours, which it advertised in the beginning, are long gone!!

Sizzy
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by Sizzy on Jul 16, 14 2:20 PM
Wish that update had fixed the zombie quest. Maybe another one will be out soon. I really want to chase some zombies around the town.

shaz8
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by shaz8 on Jul 16, 14 11:59 PM
I updated my game yesterday when updates became available however I still can't do zombies and the game constantly freezes I am enjoying the game though so am trying to keep going

tonbogale
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by tonbogale on Jul 17, 14 3:09 AM
I'm having the Zombie problem as well. I've tried it six or seven times and the game always crashes.

I just downloaded the game this morning so I should have the latest version. I'm running Windows 7 64bit (up-to-date), and a NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT (with latest driver).

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Jul 17, 14 9:45 AM
G'day,

I just wanted to drop in and let you know that we have received an additional update from the developers to specifically address the troubles with the zombies.

Our team is in the process of testing, and we'll have it out just as soon as we can.

Thank you for your patience as we work to get this resolved for all impacted users.

bfgMurrumbidgee

dog2007
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by dog2007 on Jul 17, 14 2:37 PM
Phew...glad to hear the update is on the way...gotta say I'm totally hooked

Quick question...if I wanted to reinstall this game do I have to search for it? It's not in my purchase history (since it's a free to play) and I know I have some other game but forget what it is...

Thanks to the one to mentioned not clicking zombie task while in the office

On that there was another glitch...though I got past it...when you first see the flying machine I was in the office trying to look at the closet and when that "look there's a flying machine" message came up the game crashed...got around it by not going back to the office until the message was given but you might want to look into messages working in or out of the office rather than crashing the game

Thanks for the game and all the help

laurakay76
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by laurakay76 on Jul 17, 14 7:25 PM
Well, I am not only unable to play this game, I am now unable to play ANY games from BFG!

I was very excited to play Nightfall, and I installed it without any visible difficulties. I got as far as being introduced to Anna Flers and was just starting to attempt to use the map. Suddenly the screen went black. I could still hear the music, but nothing was working. I turned off the computer and turned it back on, let it do its 'recovery from abnormal shutdown' thing, and opened the game manager to try again.

The game manager no longer works. It gave me an error message, the likes of which I cannot find anywhere in BFG's help department (it has no number and tells me I need to visit the BFG site to learn how to uninstall the program). I have uninstalled the game manager repeatedly, and every time I try to reinstall it, I get the same error message. The game manager is on my task bar, but I get the error message again if I try to open it.

I don't know what this game did to my computer, but I am NOT HAPPY ABOUT IT. I have spent a lot of money over the years on games from this website, and I'm currently unable to access any of them!

Sizzy
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by Sizzy on Jul 17, 14 8:24 PM
Just installed a new update and it fixed the zombies. Yea! Thanks BFG and ERS.

laurakay76
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by laurakay76 on Jul 17, 14 8:39 PM
laurakay76 wrote:Well, I am not only unable to play this game, I am now unable to play ANY games from BFG!

*snip*

I don't know what this game did to my computer, but I am NOT HAPPY ABOUT IT. I have spent a lot of money over the years on games from this website, and I'm currently unable to access any of them!

Okay, I did a complete system restore back to last week. Still get the same error message if I try to install the game manager. I actually am able to play the games I already have, by going into the program files and opening them there. However, I remain unable to install any new games because the game manager won't install. I'm trying every blasted thing I can think of to fix this issue and getting absolutely nowhere. I can't even do a Dr. Felix report to submit because, again, no game manager. But at least I can play the games I have, so that's something.

Edited on 07/17/2014 at 8:39:56 PM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 17, 14 11:41 PM
I can confirm that the Zombie issue has been resolved. Flattened them all with a tombstone.

I also wanted to say that in my copy of the game, I am not losing diamonds, the game does not freeze, and I have no other problems either.

I am now on level 14 and loving it.

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Jul 18, 14 9:42 AM
G'day,

I just wanted to pop in and let folks know that we were able to correct the zombies issue with yesterday's update. Have fun trapping them!

laurakay76 if you haven't done so already, please reach out to Customer Support. We have some tried and true steps to resolve that error you've seen and we'll have you back to enjoying your games very soon.

We really appreciate everyone's help bringing these things to our attention and we'll be working hard during this period to squash any bugs and nasties that may pop up before the game is officially released to all.

bfgMurrumbidgee

dog2007
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by dog2007 on Jul 18, 14 8:55 PM
Installing update now...can't wait to go get those zombies (though I don't recall any in Poe's works lol)

I'm so hooked...when will this be officially released?

laurakay76
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by laurakay76 on Jul 19, 14 12:47 PM
bfgMurrumbidgee wrote:

laurakay76 if you haven't done so already, please reach out to Customer Support. We have some tried and true steps to resolve that error you've seen and we'll have you back to enjoying your games very soon.

bfgMurrumbidgee

Well, I did contact support and they walked me through what I needed to do to get Game Manager running again. I then installed Nightfall again and was honestly enjoying it a great deal.

Unfortunately, my computer overheated AGAIN and, when I got it running again, I was having the same problems. I followed the same steps to get Game Manager installed, but I've lost Nightfall and all the progress I had made in the game. I guess I'm just not meant to have it.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 19, 14 7:43 PM
Frankly, I am sick and tired of being told to contact CS, and then all they do is check my specs, when it is very clear that it's not the computer but the game that is at fault. The developers can easily see from this "Technical Issues" thread what is wrong with the game.
And isn't that the reason for this thread, so that we can post the problems so that others, including the makers of games, can see them?

Anyway... I was close to level 16 when all of a sudden I get a near freeze when I finished a HOS. Then the list in the HOS turn white, including the words themselves. Then, when I am done with a HOS, the next page is completely white too. But when I get back to the main map, everything is normal. This happens now every time I enter a HOS.

I decided to stop playing, and when the game exited, my Game Manager's page was just all greyish white. Couldn't get it to exit either. Had to restart my computer.

I am happy to say that my GM came back up just fine after the restart, and I was able to play other games.

Needless to say that I won't be going back into the game until it has been fixed. In fact, I better uninstall the game and wait and see.

--- --- ---

Wanted to add that this happened after the werewolf quest was added, which I had no problems doing. But before I got the werewolf quest, everything worked perfectly.

Edited on 07/20/2014 at 12:56:38 AM PST

Tzeitel99
Clownfish
Clownfish
690 Posts

[Post New]by Tzeitel99 on Jul 19, 14 11:21 PM
The zombies do not crash my computer but they do freeze it. I forget what day I began this journey but they have caused it to freeze each time.
Some people wrote they got a *fix* and it has worked for them. Where do I get that? And I am curious why no one has shared with the class?

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 20, 14 12:22 AM
Sizzy, twinsoniclab and I mentioned on page 2 that the problem with the Zombies has been fixed. Perhaps you didn't see those posts, Tzeitel? And did you install the absolute latest update? There were two in a row.

Edited on 07/20/2014 at 12:57:59 AM PST

Go to: