Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Beyond the Unknown: A Matter of Time Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Jul 26, 14 9:33 PM
O.K. finished the main game - will probably wait to finish the bonus game at a future date. I liked the graphics (typical ERS) and the story line wasn't annoying, music O.K. and all that. But!!!!!! didn't understand the instructions for some of the mini-games, map was useless, and in on HOS scene, I spent quite a few minutes looking for a "Plate", which was, in fact, a "bowl" - again a translation problem, but please understand the frustration when playing a game (which by the way, is suppose to be fun!!), that can occur either after a hard day at work or on a weekend when time for fun is at a premium. I give this game a and only one, as I have had a frustrating few weekends trying to finish this game - as my previous complaints have been recorded in other posts. Yes, I finally got out of the circle of my nemisis on board the ship - after my Irish stubborness took hold and I tried for a full 15 minutes to get the darn door open - click, click, click, click, well you get the picture and open it finally did!! But PLEEEEESSSSEEEE, Devs, do not incorporate those annoying dark circles in any more games.
And also, let us keep these forums for constructive reviews and criticisms of the games and not each other.

feenix

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Beyond the Unknown: A Matter of Time Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by tookat on Jul 27, 14 4:03 AM
Usually I like ERS' games
Beyond the Unknown: A Matter of Time was, IMHO, obtuse and incoherent as far as the story goes.
There were so many loose ends and story lines that were never explained or completed
I feel like I just experienced a grab bag of ideas, games that were poorly thought out and explained.....and things that should have been available at the end of the game, like the achievements were not there.

I dislike writing poor reviews, but ERS, if you do read any of these....this game should not have been released in the state it was in......and especially considering how many people complained about problems playing the bonus game, it could have spent at least some more time in quality control.

Unlike some of the other players here, I did not mind the dog, it was well done....but, it doesn't matter how well animated the Jack Russell was.....it was in a game that was at best, confusing.

AussieMoo
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by AussieMoo on Jul 27, 14 5:34 AM
I wish I'd read all these reviews but at least I got it in the 2 for 1 sale. For the first bit, I found it interesting, then the whole storyline collapsed on itself, the map was useless, the puzzles had very poor instructions & I had no clue what I was doing or why I was doing it (and I like to think I'm not stupid, have been playing BF games a while now) & just ended up clicking Skip or Hint the whole time. First ever time I have not bothered finishing the CE or bothering to play the bonus game. Such a disappointment. If it was an item of clothing, I'd have kept the receipt & taken it back.

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Aug 27, 14 6:57 PM
game was okay, I found the clocks hard to find as they kept disappearing. Really liked the dog.

Go to: