swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Beyond the Unknown: A Matter of Time Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by swedane on Jul 11, 14 1:22 AM
myshania wrote:Like so many of the games lately THIS ONE KICKS ME OUT TO GAME PAGE!!!
I used to look so forward to Thursday's for the new Collectors Editions!!
Now I just say "Hope this game works". I know things never stay the same but this
is just so confusing. Just don't get it??
Got kicked out once in the main game, went right back and finished the main game without further problems. Not so with the bonus game. After being kicked out a third time, I noticed the problem was the cell phone. I reloaded the game & clicked the cell phone and poof, out of the game I went.
I only managed to finished the bonus game, because I didn't touch the cell phone after that.

OS Windows 8

Edited on 07/11/2014 at 1:23:10 AM PST

krinneyd
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Beyond the Unknown: A Matter of Time Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by krinneyd on Jul 11, 14 6:46 AM
Bonniesan wrote:I've found a glitch. I can't pick up dog out of inventory to use him to dig by the statue with the shield. I can pick up everything else in inventory but that. Can't move on.

I am having the same problem. I can't pick up the dog from my inventory and can't go any further, PLEASE let me know what to do???????????

krinneyd
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Beyond the Unknown: A Matter of Time Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by krinneyd on Jul 11, 14 6:52 AM
swedane wrote:
Bonniesan wrote:I've found a glitch. I can't pick up dog out of inventory to use him to dig by the statue with the shield. I can pick up everything else in inventory but that. Can't move on.

Hi Bonniesan,
Its actually not a glitch! It took me a few tries before I got the dog to stay. (Good dog, stay... )
You first have to find the rat-cage & a chunk of cheese for bate. Place the cage on top of the rope. Put the dog down behind the cage, between the 2 black Bitts, so the dog is facing the rat. Don't give up... keep trying different areas!

Good luck!

what cage, what rat, what cheese. I can't even pick up the dog, never mind it staying???

Simba2009
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Beyond the Unknown: A Matter of Time Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Simba2009 on Jul 11, 14 4:57 PM
click on play and up it starts black screen then says Beyond the unknown: a matter of time collector's edition has stopped working. then it tells me windows is checking for a solution to the problem. then comes the message that windows is closing the program as it's not working and will notify me with a solution to the problem when it can find one. really looked like a good game to try

Please post your TECH ISSUES for Beyond the Unknown: A Matter of Time Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by boldeng23 on Jul 11, 14 5:06 PM
pondprowler wrote:A thread for your tech issues!

(Please note: I am not a BFG employee or a tech expert, I'm just posting this thread to help give a place for people having trouble to post their issues. Instead of PMing me with your questions, which I probably can't answer, please POST YOUR ISSUE or questions in this thread!
Thanks!
~pp)

help me get my game I pay for

Edited on 07/11/2014 at 8:46:40 PM PST

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Beyond the Unknown: A Matter of Time Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Killerwoman on Jul 11, 14 7:10 PM
Please, somebody help! What would cause a blank screen at the start of the game? I have audio but no video! This is driving me crazy! Can't play the game at all!! Please, I need a solution!

[Post New]by Okiebulldog on Jul 11, 14 7:15 PM
I was able to play the demo fine, no problems. After buying it, when I tried to install it, Game Mgr. says it has timed out. Code 2. I have sent customer service a message but wanted this posted in case someone else is having same problem. I uninstalled and reinstalled (tried to, anyway). Same message. Code 2 seems to refer to Windows Vista, which I do not have, so no help there. I'm using Win 7.0

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Jul 12, 14 3:27 AM
Well, this is a strange one.

I spent ages looking for the Achievements page. I saw that they are supposed to be on the main page and, eventually, I did see them there after taking a photo somewhere.

But now when I go there there's nothing at all. I know I have achievements. I saw them, so where are they?

Anyone else have this weird thing happening? I'm playing on a fairly new HP Windows 7 and everything's up to date as far as I know.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Jul 12, 14 6:38 AM
Main game played fine. Tried to play the bonus and the game crashed. I acquired this game with a coupon code that was a replacement for another game that didn't work. I'm not going to bother contacting customer service. I mean, BF would probably give me another replacement code, but what's the point?

This is the second game that has been a replacement, that I couldn't finish -- in the space of a few days. I think I'm going to try one more game from here, and if there are any more problems, I'll find a different game site. It's pointless to receive replacement coupons and use them on still more games that can't be played or can't be finished.

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Beyond the Unknown: A Matter of Time Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by BoomchuckPxyNiki on Jul 12, 14 4:13 PM
swedane wrote:
myshania wrote:Like so many of the games lately THIS ONE KICKS ME OUT TO GAME PAGE!!!
I used to look so forward to Thursday's for the new Collectors Editions!!
Now I just say "Hope this game works". I know things never stay the same but this
is just so confusing. Just don't get it??
Got kicked out once in the main game, went right back and finished the main game without further problems. Not so with the bonus game. After being kicked out a third time, I noticed the problem was the cell phone. I reloaded the game & clicked the cell phone and poof, out of the game I went.
I only managed to finished the bonus game, because I didn't touch the cell phone after that.

OS Windows 8

Ditto, on a 64-bit Windows 8.1 system, all drivers up to date.

elijah5
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,225 Posts

[Post New]by elijah5 on Jul 12, 14 11:48 PM
Hi everyone,

Don't know if this helps, but for those playing on Windows 8 or 8.1, if you are using IE8 or above. I was having a problem playing many games ( I am 8.1) with IE. I have since switched to Mozzila Firefox and have not encountered any problems with slow downloads, changing of screens etc., since I have learned that IE7 or above is not compatible with Wind 8.0 or 8.1. I am not sure about Win 7. Not sure if this is your problem or not, but worth a try.

seaseaone
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Beyond the Unknown: A Matter of Time Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by seaseaone on Jul 13, 14 1:04 PM
VTCT wrote:I am in the bonus chapter & at the coundron & it will not let me the items from the statues there& keeps crashing.

Nice though of Pondpower but we need experts only!

Am also in the bonus chapter - at the market square and it keeps crashing and throwing me out to desktop - very disappointed - these games are not cheap!
Getting more and more frequent problems :-(((

Game crashes in bonus chapter

[Post New]by Annabellie126 on Jul 13, 14 3:26 PM
During the bonus chapter, in the bedroom with the woman, as soon as I get the key from under the bed, the game crashes.

A1mom
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by A1mom on Jul 13, 14 9:43 PM
This game keeps kicking me out! Why would I buy a game when I can't even play 1/2 hour of demo with out trying to get back into the game? I see that I am not the only one that has had this problem. Developers should fine tune a game BEFORE it's released. Wake up Big Fish!!!

lost61
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by lost61 on Jul 14, 14 8:14 AM
I have been repeatedly booted out to my desktop for at least 3 or 4 new games recently. I too have Windows 7. I wish the developers would work out the kinks in their games before passing them on to us. I appreciate the hard work from the help center people and would like to continue as a happy customer. Big Fish please check into these problems. Thanks.

player75
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by player75 on Jul 14, 14 9:14 AM
Not sure if this is where I post this problem but here goes, I am stuck in the forge, I used the dream catcher on the ghosts but didn't get the crowbar. Don't know what to do. I notice a crowbar at the bottom of a pool of water but can't retrieve it. HELP.

Nynaeve70
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by Nynaeve70 on Jul 14, 14 6:27 PM
Apparently there is an issue with the cell phone at times. I am playing the 2nd time to get the one gate open. And I've tried to use the cell phone for a code 2 times and the game stops working. So far, I haven't had to reboot my laptop tho (windows 7, 64 bit)

[Post New]by empressmaile on Jul 15, 14 3:01 AM
player75 wrote:Not sure if this is where I post this problem but here goes, I am stuck in the forge, I used the dream catcher on the ghosts but didn't get the crowbar. Don't know what to do. I notice a crowbar at the bottom of a pool of water but can't retrieve it. HELP.

I was having the same problem too and finally broke down and used the hint. Use the ladder on the area just under the window on the left, then use the axe to break up the wooden beams covering the window. This will reveal the wrench.

player75
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Thanks empressmaile.

[Post New]by player75 on Jul 15, 14 5:21 AM
empressmaile wrote:
player75 wrote:Not sure if this is where I post this problem but here goes, I am stuck in the forge, I used the dream catcher on the ghosts but didn't get the crowbar. Don't know what to do. I notice a crowbar at the bottom of a pool of water but can't retrieve it. HELP.

I was having the same problem too and finally broke down and used the hint. Use the ladder on the area just under the window on the left, then use the axe to break up the wood
en beams covering the window. This will reveal the wrench.

Edited on 07/15/2014 at 5:23:03 AM PST

[Post New]by angelofmusic62 on Jul 15, 14 1:32 PM
ERS has changed something in their games. I used to be able to play any ERS games without a problem. Now, all I get is audio, no video, and I have to alt/control/delete to get out of the game, then manually change resolution to get it to play. My videocard is updated, so that is not a problem. Even my old ERS games that once played fine, do not play unless I manually change settings.

Go to: