grammyapples
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Dead Reckoning: Silvermoon Isle Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by grammyapples on Jul 12, 14 8:05 AM
My download is stuck at 99% and will not finish installing.
I am using McAfee...??
I should have read info in the Forum before buying the game.

Edited on 07/12/2014 at 8:08:20 AM PST

BetsLaw
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Dead Reckoning: Silvermoon Isle Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by BetsLaw on Jul 12, 14 8:25 AM
graytori, I, too, am not a "techie". I tried lots of places (including Avast) what to put in the "blanks" on the report. Could not find a thing and was too early to do phone support with Avast. So, I did trial and error. I put in full name of game for program, then Eipix for publisher. Don't remember title of next blank, but I put in Big Fish Games and Avast accepted it. Response was that file would be reviewed at next automatic update.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Jul 12, 14 9:34 AM
Hey there Everyone,

I see that some of you are having issues with the game's compatibility with Avast anti-virus software. We are looking into this and will post about this problem shortly.

In the meantime, if you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Jul 12, 14 9:43 AM
I'm using AVG and Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit OS. No problems thus far and I'm about 30 minutes into the game but then I'm slow.

graytori
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by graytori on Jul 12, 14 10:10 AM
Thank you Betslaw. It took and now to wait for next update.

pamra
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by pamra on Jul 12, 14 10:28 AM
Game won't install at all. Using McAfee on Windows 8. I'm not getting any warnings from McAfee, the game just won't install. I'm trying to install the demo version.

Gisellesc60
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by Gisellesc60 on Jul 12, 14 11:22 AM
I had the same problem but restarted my computer ran a boot scan virus and I was abled to download.

New problem: I purchased the game and downloaded, on my game manager it states activated but when I played it states demo, very frustrating

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Jul 12, 14 12:15 PM
Hi All,

I'm very sorry to see there have been problems with certain anti-virus programs (specifically Avast) preventing the game from installing correctly.

Just so you know, we do guarantee all of our games to be virus and malware free. Sometimes security programs will block games from downloading unless they are given permission to do so and temporarily disabling security software while it installs, can often resolve issues like these.

For more troubleshooting help, please check out the help article in the link below:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

If these problems continue, please feel free to contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. One of our Reps can troubleshoot this issue for you to figure out what's going on.

I hope this gets resolved quickly.

bfgWendwater

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jul 12, 14 12:34 PM
Penny1942 wrote:I'm using AVG and Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit OS. No problems thus far and I'm about 30 minutes into the game but then I'm slow.

I am using AVG and Windows 7 64 bit but I can't even get the game to download .

pamra
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by pamra on Jul 12, 14 12:37 PM
Finally! Uninstalled then reinstalled BFG Manager, deleted this game from download history. The demo loaded fine, and I was able to purchase the game. Using McAfee antivirus on Windows 8.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Jul 12, 14 12:44 PM
Hi again everyone!

For those of you having problems with Avast preventing the game from installing, another player posted some great steps that may help you get the game downloaded. You can get to that thread by clicking on the link below:

My anti-virus HATES this game

Let us know here in the forums if Kamali's advice is able to help!

bfgWendwater

BetsLaw
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by BetsLaw on Jul 12, 14 12:49 PM
Re Avast problem: I contacted Avast at their phone support number. I purchased a year's worth of maintenance for $180.00, took 3-1/2 hrs with their engineer remotely accessing my computer. When finished, I deleted and re-installed Game Manger, deleted and re-installed game and STILL am unable to install. Avast keeps tagging it as a worm virus or whatever. So frustrating. Hope this gets resolved soon or I will ask for refund as I paid full price. The window stating collector's editions for $8.99 did not pop up until I had already purchased and was downloading. I'm using a PC with Windows 7

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by steve_san on Jul 12, 14 12:53 PM
Kamali posted this Avast solution in this forum:

Open Avast, click 'Settings', a new Avast box will open.

Click 'Anitivirus', then scroll down past 'Reputation Services', 'Deepscreen', and 'Hardened Mode' to 'Exclusions'.

In Exclusions, on the 'File Paths' tab, click the 'Add' button, then click the 'Browse' button - a navigation box will open.

Navigate to the folder of the 'Dead Reckoning: Silvermoon Isle Collector's Edition' game (it should be inside one of the 'Program Files' folders) and put a tick in its box.

Click 'OK'

That folder will now be excluded from Avast's attention

Gisellesc60
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by Gisellesc60 on Jul 12, 14 12:54 PM
even with a boot scan from avast it still wil not play or install

MacLaura
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Dead Reckoning: Silvermoon Isle Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by MacLaura on Jul 12, 14 1:04 PM
Thanks Kamali!!

You're AVAST solve worked perfectly and my game is now installing. I will also keep this in mind for future game installs from trusted sources

Well done

EDIT: The link to the fix was listed above by the forum mod but here it is again

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/288154.page

Edited on 07/12/2014 at 1:09:59 PM PST

BetsLaw
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Dead Reckoning: Silvermoon Isle Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by BetsLaw on Jul 12, 14 1:08 PM
steve_san wrote:Kamali posted this Avast solution in this forum:

Open Avast, click 'Settings', a new Avast box will open.

Click 'Anitivirus', then scroll down past 'Reputation Services', 'Deepscreen', and 'Hardened Mode' to 'Exclusions'.

In Exclusions, on the 'File Paths' tab, click the 'Add' button, then click the 'Browse' button - a navigation box will open.

Navigate to the folder of the 'Dead Reckoning: Silvermoon Isle Collector's Edition' game (it should be inside one of the 'Program Files' folders) and put a tick in its box.

Click 'OK'

That folder will now be excluded from Avast's attention

BetsLaw
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by BetsLaw on Jul 12, 14 1:10 PM
Re Kamali solution to Avast problem. I tried that, but since the game has never installed, there is no folder for in programs. I manually entered the file path Avast used for reporting "worm" and still Avast would not allow installation

Lillie1
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Lillie1 on Jul 12, 14 1:52 PM
[b] I too get the error violation *SIGH*

[Post New]by Sarahg88h on Jul 12, 14 2:38 PM
I had the same issue with AVAST, except I had no clue it was AVAST that was causing the issue until I read the forum... I went through all the trouble shooting steps and nothing worked. I turned the AVAST protection services off for 10 minutes and the game installed properly. I recommend trying that.

[Post New]by tabithajones1 on Jul 12, 14 2:56 PM
I've uninstalled game manager and the game itself, first error message was 769, then I got a message after re-installing everything a 801100 message. I paid for the game, would like to play it now. Please someone help me. Windows 7 user. Never really had THIS hard of a time with the games EVER!! driving me loopy

Go to: