Issues After Update

apollogold
Catfish
Catfish
1,584 Posts

Re:Issues After Update

[Post New]by apollogold on Jul 12, 14 1:37 PM
Having the same issues with the server since the up-date. My social page has always been slow to respond and I only have 75 friends. Only been able to gift 5 at a time. I placed a wand on my wish list to see if I could remove it and got the 'cannot connect to server' message. I had to Alt - F4 out. Went back into game and rechecked my social page and the wand was gone. This can get Very frustrating, Very fast!

Kiwi, I have a malware removal tool and it doesn't seem to be helping me much.

apollogold AKA Shadow.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Jul 12, 14 2:23 PM
Hey All,

Just a reminder: Please feel free to let our Customer Support Team know about these server issues you are experiencing. Please include a Dr. Felix Report so that we can better track the problem and see which systems it is affecting. You can reach our Reps by clicking on the link below:

Contact Us

I hope this helps!

bfgWendwater

Armerige
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by Armerige on Jul 12, 14 2:46 PM
I spoke too soon in an earlier post. The coins are not dropping again after collecting flowers. But oddly, - I can't believe I am saying this - coins are just dropping out of no where out of the blue. Just in the last couple of hours I have picked up probably an extra 1000 in odd coin drops, in addition to my earned coin drop from the flowers.

Going from one scene to the next, or midway through a HOS, while in a zoom zone, and boom - coins drop.

I am delighted but I feel the devs should know because maybe somehow their coin drop coding to fix the known issue may have created a new, however pleasant, but nonetheless, issue that may mask the real issue of proper coin dropping.

Phew! That was a lot of issues in one sentence - did any of this make sense?

Scherry

Issues After Update

[Post New]by Ken_TheDoctor on Jul 12, 14 3:03 PM
Minor things:

1) Got unable to connect to server a couple of times while playing, these glitches lasted a couple of seconds only.

2) SOCIAL PAGE got loced up with an infinite "please wait" when I tried to change my wish list. Only way out was <Ctrl> <Alt> <Del>

3) SOCIAL PAGE Gifting: tried to gift a common stamp to Kitt Chaos... stamp was deducted from my stock, but after the "please wait" cleared, there was no thank you card . I repeated this 3 times - same result each time. Other Gifting worked as usual.

The Doctor

[Post New]by TurquoiseFairy on Jul 12, 14 3:38 PM
Amerzone wrote:Same problems here. I click 'retry' and it reconnects.

With the social page I try to add or remove an item from my list but nothing happens. I get out of the social page and go back in and the change has been made. Very frustrating.[/quote

I have the same problem.

[Post New]by Happy_Ours1 on Jul 12, 14 3:58 PM
Well, I'm glad I waited to update. It seems to me that the updates cause more problems than not. What was this update supposed to 'fix' anyway?

Just saying...

Happy

mizzelle
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by mizzelle on Jul 12, 14 4:45 PM
I'm having issues after the PC update as well -- same "can't connect to the server" messages and Social page sometimes shows there being a new gift when there isn't.

Happy_Ours1: I thought this update was just to add more content -- at least that was based on Game Manager info.

valeriemay
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by valeriemay on Jul 12, 14 5:20 PM
Yep, I'm having the same problems as you all. Everything was fine before the update.
The only good thing was being able to gift 6 friends though I expect that was only a one off.
Oh well, these things are sent to try us I suppose. At least I can still play.

Enjoy the rest of the update xxxx

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Jul 12, 14 5:51 PM
cherbtoo wrote:I have been having the same problem with suddenly being disconnected from the server too plus I have just bought two games and I can't get them to download at all .

There is no problem with any other site and I have just tested my download speed and it is working at 60492 kbps.

I was having problems a while back and it turned out to be my upload speed. Seems my ISP was cutting uploads back to a couple hundred bps and I couldn't connect for several days even though my download speed was only a little slow. I guess it's because we connect both ways with the server so if either one isn't fast enough we get a disconnect. Try checking that too if you can.
Rose

sparkle76
Marlin
Marlin
9,781 Posts

[Post New]by sparkle76 on Jul 12, 14 8:11 PM
I am having the freezing issues on the social page when I try to change my wishlist so annoying because a friend is going to gift me with a squirrel egg but I can't change my wishlist to include the egg grrrr!

[Post New]by cathiecaffey on Jul 12, 14 10:10 PM
Just the second day I'm playing with the new update and so love the game! I'm taking it slower now, I'm trying! It's so much fun.

Same thing here with the server saying I'm not connected and I sure am! One thing, anyone notice that when its midnight and you get that pop up to tell you that you earned such and such for being on the consecutive day? I notice I click ok but two days in a row the coins earned don't go in the collection.. I'll keep watching and see if it continues.

Now back to some HOG-ing

Caffey
Midnight Castle ID: 136696

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Jul 13, 14 1:32 AM
I've been having trouble with the Social Page before and after the update. I was going to wait to do the last update, as I wanted to play the game until I leveled out to see the original areas before the change. I finally gave in did the update, not knowing there was another new one, because of the problems with it. Now my Social page is worse. and the flowers are going by so fast I can barely click them!

On the Social Page, I have to close it when I remove an item from my wish list, it doesn't remove. I come back in, it's gone and I can add it. IF it doesn't give me the "Can't connect to server" message. The I get the "Please Wait, and have to Ctrl-Alt-Delete and log back in.

Not gotten the extra gifts or extra wish list spaces. Wish I had that glitch! I'd be in gifting Nirvana!

Edited on 07/13/2014 at 1:33:42 AM PST

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jul 13, 14 2:28 AM
rosiebvt wrote:
cherbtoo wrote:I have been having the same problem with suddenly being disconnected from the server too plus I have just bought two games and I can't get them to download at all .

There is no problem with any other site and I have just tested my download speed and it is working at 60492 kbps.

I was having problems a while back and it turned out to be my upload speed. Seems my ISP was cutting uploads back to a couple hundred bps and I couldn't connect for several days even though my download speed was only a little slow. I guess it's because we connect both ways with the server so if either one isn't fast enough we get a disconnect. Try checking that too if you can.
Rose

Thanks Rose just checked and my upload speed is 2940 kbps and it is usually around this figure.

Just tried to download those two games again and was told that my Game Manager has experienced an internal error (1404) and the only thing I can see that could have caused it was downloading the updates for MC and Agency 33 as I only open the GM to update/download preferring to launch my games from the shortcut.

Have been to the docs and said Ahhh so I will wait and see what the diagnosis is.

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Jul 13, 14 7:03 AM
OH NO The dreaded 1404 Error! Cherb, hold on for a bumpy ride! Mine was never been able to get fixed!

I've had that with the "New" Game APP ever since it came out, can't install games from anywhere but the find screen in the APP, or on the game's buy page and I have to download the trial first, then the rest. So I can't see my purchase History from the APP, Download/Install from my Purchase History on the website, or when I buy a game. If I can't find a game in the APP Search, or it had no free trial I can't install... oh and saved game files (I've always clicked "save", and "Run") I can't install from them either.

I've been told that people with a lot of games are the one having the problem and I tech support a billion times, we tried everything, still not fixed. I finally asked them for a new link to the Old GM, which is slower than Molasses in a Igloo (Something my Grandpa used to say) but my main laptop died so I'm only playing this on a cheap one until my new gaming beast and beauty Sager/Clevo Laptop arrives: Custom pain and art design, Quad Processor, 3 1tb 7200RPM HDs, 1 Msata (slot to add 2nd later) for FAST boot, 32GB RAM and the brain New NVidia Graphics card. YeeeHaw!) until then I'm stuck with the error, and tried it on 3 laptops, same thing. I own around 2000 games, so if you own a lot, that may be the problem. I'm just hoping the new laptop helps, wither I have to use the old Game Manager or hopefully the fixed App!

Good luck with your Error. Let me know if they fix if for you, and if you have a lot of games too.. maybe these 2 pushed you over the limit (though we don't know how many games that is) PM me how if they do please!

Edited on 07/13/2014 at 7:12:34 AM PST

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Jul 14, 14 7:23 PM
I don't know if anybody else has noticed this or if it's just me. Since the new update I am sure I have only gotten harpy's feathers from the crypt. I did have a quest needing murderer's eyes but I had added them to my wishlist and had enough to complete it without doing the HOS. I really hope this hasn't gone back to the bad old days of only harpy's feathers. I may turn into a harpy if I don't get something else soon

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on Jul 15, 14 7:00 PM
IT SEEMS I HAVE ALL THESE PROBLEMS. EXCEPT THE EXTRA COINS. MAYBE THE GAME IS JUST GIVING BACK ALL THE COINS IT STOLE. WITH THE COST OF THINGS I DON'T THINK I WOULD HAVE SAID ANYTHING AND THANK THE POWERS THAT BE FOR RETURNING MY LOST COINS.

kdreetz
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by kdreetz on Oct 17, 14 11:47 PM
rosiebvt wrote:I don't know if anybody else has noticed this or if it's just me. Since the new update I am sure I have only gotten harpy's feathers from the crypt. I did have a quest needing murderer's eyes but I had added them to my wishlist and had enough to complete it without doing the HOS. I really hope this hasn't gone back to the bad old days of only harpy's feathers. I may turn into a harpy if I don't get something else soon

All I get are the things I already have 60-80 of, like Harpy's Feathers when I could use a Murderer's Eye. Or 25 Chain of Red Rubies when I really need a few Rune Stones and Winged Amulets. Shouldn't there be a better rotation of inventory items in the HO scenes??

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Oct 18, 14 10:58 AM
kdreetz wrote:
rosiebvt wrote:I don't know if anybody else has noticed this or if it's just me. Since the new update I am sure I have only gotten harpy's feathers from the crypt. I did have a quest needing murderer's eyes but I had added them to my wishlist and had enough to complete it without doing the HOS. I really hope this hasn't gone back to the bad old days of only harpy's feathers. I may turn into a harpy if I don't get something else soon

All I get are the things I already have 60-80 of, like Harpy's Feathers when I could use a Murderer's Eye. Or 25 Chain of Red Rubies when I really need a few Rune Stones and Winged Amulets. Shouldn't there be a better rotation of inventory items in the HO scenes??

I have over 60 keys, and no stones, no winged amulets, etc, etc. I have also noticed that when doing the HOS the same things keep dropping over and over and over again. I am thinking of making a harpy feather coat, as winter is just around the corner.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Oct 18, 14 11:09 AM
NoFishToday wrote:

I am thinking of making a harpy feather coat, as winter is just around the corner.

And a Squirrel Tail scarf. I have 92 squirrel tails. Should be plenty to make a few scarves.

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Oct 18, 14 11:13 AM
and mittens out of Vampire Hands

Go to: