Re:Please post your REVIEWS for The House on Usher here

[Post New]by redaphid on Jul 18, 14 2:02 PM
If you want to hear about updates from Red Aphid, like/follow us on FB(redaphid) or Twitter(redaphidmedia). Thanks.

[Post New]by OpalSapphire on Jul 18, 14 6:10 PM
Like the majority, I started out not liking this game. But, slowly, it grew on me. I cannot comment on the music, I always turn the music and voices down while playing. Once I got the hang of the puns and learned not to take things literally, but to think and observe with fresh eyes, it became fun.

I limited my game playing to only an hour or two a day to rest my eyes because the graphics are difficult and you spend a lot of time studying the screen closely.

I haven't finished the game, I'm trying to figure out where I've missed something so that I can successfully complete it. If this is the developers first or second game, then I look forward to their future ones because there is something about it that draws a person in. With practice and polishing, this game could be a really good one. I look forward to more games featuring the main character.

doggyfish
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by doggyfish on Jul 20, 14 3:46 PM
I even found a walkthrough on the dev. website, but it was pretty useless. I am currently stuck and don't know what to do next. I agree the objects to find are way too small and I keep going back into rooms to try and find more.
doggyfish

MaryD1215
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by MaryD1215 on Jul 30, 14 9:58 AM
As soon as the screen locks up for over clicking I end the game. The very first HOG was impossible. I couldn't find most of the objects. Too small and too dark. Maybe it gets better but the click penalty is so old school. Not for me.

Rainmanuk
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Rainmanuk on Jul 31, 14 7:48 AM
Review of the full game

Weird, weak, illogical, no idea what the object of the game is and why it ends as it does. In some parts very good with the artwork strangely reminiscent of Madam fate.

I am glad I only used a credit for this, would probably have been better spent letting it time lapse.
I was hoping to find something new and different, being totally bored now of the same old, same old, same old, stuff. Well it was different, and annoying.

Out of 10 probably 3 for trying

Go to: