Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Ominous Objects: Family Portrait Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by starlightsaffron on Jul 19, 14 1:23 PM
i have a problem. i have gone through every room that is not padlocked and every clickable area and it keeps saying there is nothing to do here. i dont know whats gone wrong, i have the dragon blocking the way and the 'barrel' near it, i have all 3 items plus a dragon symbol in inventory and 2 piano keys. i cant do anything anywhere

deejae101
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Ominous Objects: Family Portrait Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by deejae101 on Jul 19, 14 1:56 PM
gannie2 ~ I also can't get the 4th paint tube. BUT, I should have them all. I know I picked them all up, but one of them just didn't show up in the inventory.

First one was in the cupboard in the first room we started in.
Second one was in the kennel where you needed the poker to reach it.
Third one was in an HO scene in the village square.
Fourth one was in the "mews" next to the bag on the ground.

So I'm thinking it's a technical glitch, because I went back to all four places and I know I've gotten them all.

I either start all over again, which means I have to do the main game over, and hope it works the second time. Or wait until it's fixed, which could be never since it seems you and I are the only ones having this problem.

drbabs
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Please post your TECH ISSUES for Ominous Objects: Family Portrait Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by drbabs on Jul 19, 14 2:04 PM
Net won't catch bird on shell near windmill. I have tried every possible spot on the screen. Hint even says to catch bird with net but it doesn't work.

sewandsew
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by sewandsew on Jul 19, 14 6:53 PM
Having same issues as bigblue64. Froze up the computer, wouldn't let do anything. Please fix the bugs!

arnold1049
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

Please post your TECH ISSUES for Ominous Objects: Family Portrait Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by arnold1049 on Jul 19, 14 9:05 PM
I am also having problems with the sleeping pills/crossbow bolt in the bonus chapter. Seems like lots of other people are having the same issue, as it has a separate thread all its own. I'm sending a ticket and would encourage others to do the same.

[Post New]by booksngames on Jul 19, 14 10:39 PM
I got nearly to the end of the game and when I make the gold and sand paint, when I go to put down the scoop and pick up the paint everything freezes. I can't even click on anything to shut it down when I open the task manager; I actually have to restart my computer to be able to make anything work again. This happened twice.

baffled1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by baffled1 on Jul 20, 14 5:59 AM
Gannie and Deejae... Count me in! I have also picked up all four paint tubes in the Bonus Chapter, and apparently only have 3.

[Post New]by MadamZee12 on Jul 20, 14 2:25 PM
gannie, I'm having same problem as you in the bonus round. When I first looked at the bag with the puzzle of top I saw the paint tube, clicked on it and it disappeared. Now I can't get it, can't even see it. I've tried restarting computer and still can't get it. Hope I don't have to play the whole game again.......What if the same thing happens. Well, I'd save money on paying other games while replaying the whole thing. Sure wish someone would help us.

[Post New]by ginnetteh002 on Jul 20, 14 4:55 PM
hello

I purchsed the full version of this game on Saturday 19th July but the downloded full game will not start on my Windows 7 laptop. Any advice please? Many thnks.

Ginnette.

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Ominous Objects: Family Portrait Collector's Edition

[Post New]by shadow_07 on Jul 20, 14 5:06 PM
bigblue64 wrote:Is anyone having problems with the scene where you have to weigh and mix the gold and the sand? Every time I finish, I can't put the scoop down and the game freezes. Then I get an error message AFTER I have to do cntrl/alt/delete to even get out of the game. Up until that time the game was working just fine. I think everything is up to date with my computer and I haven't had any glitches with any other game until now. Thanks for any help!

[Post New]by shadow_07 on Jul 20, 14 5:11 PM
I'm also having the same issue with the scene where you have to weigh and mix the gold and the sand. Can't put the scoop down and the game freezes. I have to completely shut my computer down to get out of the game.

[Post New]by Grizz1642 on Jul 20, 14 5:36 PM
My problem is in the bonus game. I get to the HOS in the witch's house, and when I use the milk on the cat's bowl, the game freezes, then shuts down...another bug to be fixed, Big Fish...

deejae101
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by deejae101 on Jul 20, 14 6:01 PM
Gannie, Baffled and MadamZee ~ UPDATE RE: PAINT TUBES

I played the whole game over again (in easy mode so it would go quicker), and when I got to the bonus game, I quit and saved after I picked up each paint tube. As soon as I got the 4th paint tube, I went directly to the store where you mix the paints to make sure one didn't disappear on me, and from then on it was smooth sailing. Hopefully it will work for you, if you want to take the time to start over.

baffled1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by baffled1 on Jul 21, 14 7:53 AM
To Deejae,

Thank you! I'll try, and very grateful for your help.

Syndalee
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by Syndalee on Jul 21, 14 12:15 PM
I could not get the game cursor to pop up alone. My regular one was super-imposed over it. Game did okay for a while, then it crashed and it crashed my computer. Not a buy for me.

[Post New]by Shinook on Jul 21, 14 7:59 PM
Having a problem with the game starting. When I 'trialed' the game it worked fine, now that I bought it, it seems to have installed properly but when I go to play, I get the following error:

Error: Access violation at 0x7783F9DD (tried to write to 0x00090FF8), program terminated.

I have reset settings on my firewall and uninstalled and reinstalled game. Still not working properly. If you cannot help me fix this then I would like 2 game credits!
Thanks

jdelbove
Minnow
Minnow
266 Posts

Re: HELP! TECH ISSUES for Ominous Objects: Family Portrait Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by jdelbove on Jul 22, 14 11:35 AM
OK, I am nearing the end of this game and all are safe in the vacation home but I seem to be stuck. I have plenty of items in my inventory but nowhere to use them. EVERYTIME, I click on the hint no matter where I am or what i try to do it says the same thing: "we have done all we can do here" or "nothing left to do here". Now what?

Near as I can tell, I am missing the witch for the portrait on the upstairs wall but have no idea what to do next and HINTS are definitely not helping.

Can anyone help or this a technical problem?

Thanks ....JoAnne

[Post New]by theialin on Jul 23, 14 8:06 PM
I have reinstalled this game 4 times, updated my drivers and updated shockwave. When I try to start the game I get a black screen. I have to shut my computer down and restart. When I return to my Big Fish games the game has disappeared from my games list, so I reinstall and try again. The exact same thing happens again. I am running on a MacBook Pro with OSX 9.4.2

Would love to play this game but so far not able to.

Linda Miller (theialin)

jrunchey
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by jrunchey on Jul 24, 14 1:53 PM
I was playing the mini game in the Library that gains access to the secret room. All the portraits were in the correct position but nothing has happened. The secret room hasn't opened and and now everywhere I go it says there is nothing to do in any of the room...I have the horseshoe, shotgun, and bunny rabbit in my inventory and cannot get into the secret room...am I missing something? I have already erased and re-installed the game...any help would be appreciated

herchev68
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by herchev68 on Jul 24, 14 4:20 PM
Same problem as big blue 64 game freezes at the scale and have to shut off computer.

Go to: