Sharing tips

Re:Sharing tips

[Post New]by HorseDancer1 on Jul 28, 14 8:45 AM
Playing the games at carnival! I am saving my tickets after getting all of the balloons popped and the mole's whacked. I think the next game opens up automatically and then you can spend all your tickets trying to ace that game, too. I think this might be a good strategy.

Dinga2008
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by Dinga2008 on Jul 29, 14 6:19 AM
That is a good strategy because if your character is anything like mine, it is even worse at Pro-toss than Balloon Pop. But after a lot of tosses it finally got the hang of things and aced the game. I'm now saving tickets for the final game.

It seems that Whack-A-Mole is the most lucrative game as far as tokens are concerned. This will probably be the game I'll focus on after getting the Carnival Ace achievement.

Keep the tips coming and see you around the Carnival.

[Post New]by HorseDancer1 on Jul 29, 14 7:10 AM
Amicus Island tip. Have you ever been going to pick up a coconut, trash, seashell or bottle only to have it disappear as another player dashes up? I have. I click on the item and it turns blue and then another player searches and gets the item prior to my search. Plus with all the people around my computers really slow down. So I click on the little "i" and this brings up a list of "instances" with the different rooms. I usually click on room 6 as that is my lucky number. But usually only the first three areas are heavily populated so it is easy to find a better area. You miss seeing all the other players' outfits and companions, I if I am just fishing and not hunting up items I usually stick around!

The game quits logging down and I am not competing for items with other players.
Happy Whacking!

[Post New]by HorseDancer1 on Jul 29, 14 7:13 AM
Keep the tips coming and see you around the Carnival.

Thanks Dinga! The 3rd game just opened and I aced it because I had all the saved tickets! Tempting to use up the tickets, but I am now waiting for the 4th game, too.

Happy Whacking!!!

meinaz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
418 Posts

[Post New]by meinaz on Jul 29, 14 2:42 PM
Event Tip: This is a tip that gets mentioned during most events, but I thought I would add it here. When you are trying to get specific items during events it is best not to do the daily requests that require finding items. This will make it easier for you to finish the quests faster.

imApestToo
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by imApestToo on Jul 29, 14 6:22 PM
meinaz wrote:Event Tip: This is a tip that gets mentioned during most events, but I thought I would add it here. When you are trying to get specific items during events it is best not to do the daily requests that require finding items. This will make it easier for you to finish the quests faster.

I figured that might be the case however I am still doing all my daily quests anyway!! and have since i started (last 2 events)

[Post New]by Thaliamin on Jul 31, 14 11:34 AM
dinsb01 wrote:You are limited to 5 small energy packs, so it's use-them-or-lose-them time. You get more every 24 or so hours (not exactly sure of the timing, but I know it's more than the standard BuhsWhacker 20-hour day).

The 5 small energy packs refill around midnight PDT (usually more or less 10 min after)

Hope this helps!
Happy whacking all

rob_nobody
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by rob_nobody on Aug 13, 14 2:47 AM
For those of us who don't enjoy whacking 'nothing' with power whacks...

I found three nothings in a row to be highly unlikely, so when I'm in a mixed bush field and am not using the fast whack, I try to wait until I had two nothings in a row and then power whack - worked every time so far!

Hope this helps...

[Post New]by HorseDancer1 on Aug 13, 14 10:10 PM
rob_nobody wrote:For those of us who don't enjoy whacking 'nothing' with power whacks...

I found three nothings in a row to be highly unlikely, so when I'm in a mixed bush field and am not using the fast whack, I try to wait until I had two nothings in a row and then power whack - worked every time so far!

Hope this helps...

Thanks Rob! I will give it a try!

rob_nobody
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by rob_nobody on Aug 15, 14 7:14 AM
HorseDancer1 wrote:

Thanks Rob! I will give it a try!

No problem, Dancer! Of course I had two fails in a row the day after I made that post, lol!

Sometimes it feels like some devious dev reads these posts and makes adjustments!

But I still hold it works MOST of the time, considering how long it took me to win all the 'win 4 mana/power/energy/nothings in a row' achievements...

Wanted to say thanks for your AI tip!

My internet is really slow today, so I tried your suggestion! Collecting lobster traps has never been that easy! Nice one! Would you believe I never noticed that 'i' before?

[Post New]by HorseDancer1 on Aug 15, 14 9:06 PM
My internet is really slow today, so I tried your suggestion! Collecting lobster traps has never been that easy! Nice one! Would you believe I never noticed that 'i' before?

I am so glad it helped! It's nice that we are helping each other! There are a lot of complicated situations in this game!

[Post New]by HorseDancer1 on Aug 18, 14 6:41 AM
Another tip is that down in the gear (control) icon, there is an auto-run feature that speeds up your character. That really helps when you are finding items on AI.

Trinkets! I used to get all the upgraded trinkets, but they never seemed to help. So the only ones that I use now are ones that add mana, energy and power points, one that up grades fruit, and one to increase speed by 75% I did not find that last one until level 240 though and was pretty happy with auto-run until then!

Happy Whacking!

rob_nobody
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by rob_nobody on Aug 21, 14 3:53 AM
Dancer, I had noticed the auto-run before. Very proud of myself

But have you found that when you're clicking on, say, a missing vacationer, you still walk up to him/her slowly? Or is that just a glitch in my browser?

So what I do is click just in front of him/her to run up there and then click on him/her to walk the last bit.

I perfected that technique when I was still chasing people for coconuts

Edited on 08/21/2014 at 3:58:24 AM PST

[Post New]by HorseDancer1 on Aug 21, 14 5:48 AM
rob_nobody wrote:Dancer, I had noticed the auto-run before. Very proud of myself

But have you found that when you're clicking on, say, a missing vacationer, you still walk up to him/her slowly? Or is that just a glitch in my browser?

So what I do is click just in front of him/her to run up there and then click on him/her to walk the last bit.

I perfected that technique when I was still chasing people for coconuts

. Great idea Rob! I just got some purple slippers that increase speed by 75% and am using those. But if you double click, which I did prior to finding autorun, your character goes faster, too.

[Post New]by HorseDancer1 on Sep 7, 14 10:56 AM
In another thread someone shared that your tractor harvests and tills all your plots at once. I have been doing that all along, as I have a real tractor and know what they can do, but it's a great tip for those who did not realize both features of the tractor.

Scarletb
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Scarletb on Sep 8, 14 8:43 AM
Hi everyone

I was wondering if the "dog days of summer ribbons" and "hot tub" will ever show up in my inventory? I've completed everything and it says blah-blah "just for having them" but none have showed up in inventory. Just wondering

meinaz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
418 Posts

[Post New]by meinaz on Sep 8, 14 11:30 AM
Scarletb wrote:Hi everyone

I was wondering if the "dog days of summer ribbons" and "hot tub" will ever show up in my inventory? I've completed everything and it says blah-blah "just for having them" but none have showed up in inventory. Just wondering

Event ribbons and items don't show up until after the event is over.

Scarletb
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Scarletb on Sep 8, 14 4:01 PM
meinaz wrote:
Scarletb wrote:Hi everyone

Event ribbons and items don't show up until after the event is over.

Thanks!

rob_nobody
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by rob_nobody on Sep 9, 14 3:18 AM
HorseDancer1 wrote:In another thread someone shared that your tractor harvests and tills all your plots at once. I have been doing that all along, as I have a real tractor and know what they can do, but it's a great tip for those who did not realize both features of the tractor.

And if you don't want to buy or cannot afford the tractor, follow this great tip by Discus3:

Use your ranch items to block off your garden plots!

That way, you can watch your little avatars shake their hands about without moving from the spot and harvest and till in much less time.

Magic on the ranch - awesome!

Discus3
Minnow
Minnow
238 Posts

[Post New]by Discus3 on Sep 9, 14 8:38 PM
Hi rob_nobody and all,

Thanks Rob for posting that tip about blocking garden plots. I would have gotten a round tuit sooner or later maybe. Be sure none of your companions get blocked in if you block garden plots. They can squeeze through tiny spaces.

Here's another tip for anyone who may not have noticed it. I wasted a lot of money when planting until I noticed Cancel at the bottom of the screen. Never knew what to do with those last seeds after planting the last plot - so I ate them! Hope this helps someone.

One more tip. If you get the swimming pool for the ranch and do not have enough land cleared, it will fit in front of your house. Also will fit inside your house - an indoor swimming pool is awesome!

Good luck everyone.

Go to: