nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Sable Maze: Forbidden Garden Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by nomatt on Jul 25, 14 11:50 PM
Deleted without even starting it. Just by going off the other reviews here I know I won't play it at all. Sick to death of 'cute' furry helpers and insultingly easy puzzles. I seem to be buying less and less from BF these days, all the games are stuck in a rut.

rdekker1
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Sable Maze: Forbidden Garden Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by rdekker1 on Jul 27, 14 8:12 PM
I have the other two Sable maze games and so I was excited for this one. But after playing about 30 mins of it I have to say I'm not going to get it. Just wasn't doing it for me. Hopefully the next sable maze will be better.

Edited on 07/27/2014 at 8:13:23 PM PST

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Jul 30, 14 10:22 AM
Hi all. Got called away yesterday when this came out, so didn't finish demo until today. I have the other Sable Maze games and really enjoyed them all. This one isn't quite up to par with the other two, but it isn't a bad game either. Yes, we have Mom turned into a cute little Ferret, which I didn't much care for, but it's a game. I don't mind the animals, because they help you through the game. I found that Mom isn't the only helpful animal in the game either.

The graphics and game play were nice, except that there are a lot of blues and pinks again. Not sure why some devs have a problem with clear colors. Music is nice. Voice overs and animation were very good. Jump map was well done and areas identified by name and picture, in case you forget what something looks like. SG was the usual, but only showed a couple of chapters, so not sure how long the game might be. If it is like the others in this series, it is a fairly long game.

HOPs were a little different and fun and each was played a little differently than the last, so you don't get bored with the same thing all the time. Items were not too difficult to find, but took some thought. The puzzles were quite simple and nothing new...skip button filled very slowly. Hint system is quite helpful and did teleport occasionally, but filled a little slower than most.

The only collectibles I found were the pages that gave you information on the fairyland animals. There are morphing jewels throughout as well, which are not difficult to see.

All in all, this was not a challenging game. As I said before, it was not a bad game either, but not better than the first two. That said, I doubt that I will get this as a CE, but I have been known to change my mind now and then. I think this one is geared more toward the beginner, so it will go in my maybe puddle.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may find this one to be exactly what you are looking for. Thanks for the reviews.

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Jul 30, 14 2:40 PM
From a 51 yr old BIG KID at heart....I just LOVED this game, was VERY shocked when I read the reviews, BUT to each their own, EVERYONE is entitled to their opinion.

DEVELOPERS...please know that I for one, just LOVED playing this CE, it was so FUN and entertaining, when I can just get lost in a game, and forget about, what is going on in the world around me, than I feel the developers have done their job, and that is exactly what happened, when playing this game !!
For starters, it was BEAUTIFUL, the graphics and artwork, STUNNING, through out, the entire game, loved the butterflies were the H0'S were, they are just so pretty, of course I am a FAN of ALL games, with a fantasy fairytale, magical theme, and it just kept getting better, and better, with each new scene.
PLUS the way everything unfolded, the game play was magical, and kept this fishie, very entertained, LOVED my helper, OMG she felt so real, hanging off the end of my mouse, when I placed her were she could help, AND I would give her an extra pet lol, for helping me ..I loved that I got to use her more in this game, than any other game, that was a huge PLUS .
The mini games were so FUN, usually not a huge fan of those, BUT in this game, they were fun to do, so I didn't skip any .
There is a TON of game play, in this game, the bonus was well worth, EVERY CENT, spent on the CE, LOVED having the M3 to do, to complete all pictures and story parts, as a bonus, LOVED collecting the jewelry pieces, morphing objects, AND the animal data cards. LOVED the developers diary .
I just think DM puts so much creative work, into their games, they blow me away, in a very GOOD way, can't imagine all of the hard work, that went into making this, it BREAKS my heart that most didn't get to see, all of the wonderful things, this game had to offer, due to comparing to other sable maze games.
So I just wanted the developers to know, there are those of us who ABSOLUTELY LOVED, this magical, visually appealing, full of fun game play, that is TOTALLY worthy of a CE..THANK YOU so much, for you hard work !!

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Aug 10, 14 9:14 AM
Finished the Demo and will be buying the game, as there is a pretty good sale going on this weekend. I have read all the reviews (always do!!) and I will comment on some following this review. Hope that's O.K. I thought the graphics were O.K. - they didn't annoy me with the colors or anything. I thought the beginning scene of the game was dumb, but I did continue and finished. I personally loved the ermine. I thought her adorable. Puzzles were easy, but I don't mind that. The story line is typical fairy tale, and yes, I get tired of fairy tales too. But as someone mentioned, I think it depends on the mood. Sometimes I want to be scared and sometimes I want to laugh, ya know?! I also agree, the first look I got at "Dad" was how much he looked like Lucius Malfoy - its the hair I think. Definetly not as "hot"(!!) I too, remember not so long ago how reviews were stating they were sick and tired of horror, witches, spells, black magic, monsters, etc. I personally like a mix. Well, that's it! I'm off to buy a fairy tale, but I will be looking out for a nice juicy horror tale, as well!!!

feenix

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Aug 16, 14 6:02 PM
Wellp, finished the main game and I honestly think this game a little too "fairytaleish" (!!) I was kind of bored with all the various spells blocking all the various doors by all the various fairytale creatures. I thought the mini-games and the HOS were O.K. I too, thought the love interest could have been made better looking - if your going to make a fairy tale, make the guy as super handsome as possible!!! After all, your making him up!! I will play the bonus game at a future time. I have to go rinse my teeth to get all that sugar out!! Had an O.K. time with this one.

feenix

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Aug 21, 14 4:43 PM
Not really sure how to approach a review of this game. I bought it on sale, but I don't think I would have purchased it full price, but then again, I rarely purchase CE's anyway.

The main part of the game was quite long...or maybe seemed so because I would get really tired of how slow the game appeared to move. HOS were different and at first fun to play, but there became so many of them, and they weren't real easy since they were interactive and you had to find the starting point to begin to pick up the rest of the item. A bit annoying and takes a lot of clicking around to find the starting point which gets old quickly. Towards the end I just started opting for the 3 match game alternative. Hint refreshes OK, but not real speedy.

For the most part mini games/puzzles were just so tedious and repetitive that for the most part I waited for the skip rather than frustrate myself. Some other games were easy though. Transporter map was very good and was needed because this game was all over the place.

Story was just plain wierd. The basic game has and very odd ending that just "happens" and is a definate setup for the bonus game which contines the story. I found the bonus game a bit more of a challenge and I play on casual, but it was much shorter...as they always are.

I was glad when it was over...probably not one I would play again. Even though it appears to be a bit girly-girl, it does have its challenges. I can give this only a 3- out of 5..not all that impressed.

blueskies01
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by blueskies01 on Aug 22, 14 11:43 PM
Can't stand this game. It's a mish-mosh of wedding cliches (& the fiance is a total bust), complete w/sparkly, saccharine pastel colors that make my teeth hurt. Supposedly the queen of fairies is wreaking vengeance on this family before the wedding; come to find out her fury is understandable. Our heroine's papa describes himself as "foolish"--hmm, that's putting it nicely . . . Devs just threw random elements into this game; unfortunately, I feel that they're going for the lowest common denominator. Definitely not a buy for me. But see what you think. . . .

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Aug 24, 14 10:00 AM
Eye candy alert!! Cutesy helper alert!! Too easy alert!!

Now I like Elf. I like Elf a lot. Elf is a good animal helper. So is Isis. But what has happened here?

There is so much glittery, cutesy, sweetness that I am gagging.

My favorite game devs - I probably am not allowed to mention their name so I will just say it involves a drink with a strange color - have beautiful items in their games but they manage to pull it off. The beauty is not thrown at you right at the beginning like fifty pounds of See's chocolates.

Even the animal helper - which I predicted I would receive as soon as I saw something high out of my reach - is cutesy although I will admit this one has a minor twist which I will not divulge. I actually thought "Looks like I need to get myself an animal helper". And I did.

I used to give my nieces wands with ribbons and glitter and little stars. They were girly girls and loved them. They were also very, very young.

They might have enjoyed this game when they were that age. But not now.

I am not here to giggle and "ooh" and "ahh" at the beautiful things around me. Don't get me wrong - I love beautiful things. It's when they take over a game that I get upset. The ugly here can't compete. The sweetness and flowers and joy and love eats it up.

I am here to play a game. I have my own cutesy animals and some are even helpers. Two of them are with me right now. I don't want an ermine or a mink or whatever that animal with the whatever-it-is on her chest is. I have purchased games with cutesy animal helpers and enjoyed playing them. I held out far longer than a lot of other fishies. I even thought those who complained about animal helpers were not being nice. At all.

But I have to agree with them now. When you start playing a game and you know you are going to get a cutesy animal helper things have gone far enough. If this had been the first cutesy animal helper or the second or maybe even the tenth it would have been OK. I might have even been delighted. But not now. No more. Not for me.

So this game is a no-buy and I am sorry because it looks like the devs put a lot of work into it. The graphics are stunning. Well, the people aren't. I mean, when "Dad" told me they had gotten me an early wedding present I thought, "You're gonna get a haircut, Pop?"

Wisteria? More sweet cutesy-pie glittery goodness. It's overwhelming me!

Edited on 08/24/2014 at 10:33:51 AM PST

Go to: