Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Northern Tale 4 here!

[Post New]by pammyd9388 on Aug 1, 14 10:04 AM
Yaelle wrote:
Idahonative wrote:
Idahonative wrote:I can't get this to download at all. I have Windows 7 and the only issue I have had previously with anything downloading is that for some reason if the BF Game Manager is already open, it won't download. I downloaded something else recently with no problem, but have tried this over and over, from my download file AND from my purchase history on the website. Have you guys upgraded your game manager program or something?

I have also re-downloaded the game manager, as I had checked your help section, and that didn't work either. I also tried changing the download option to alternate (as also suggested on the help page) and that didn't work. The fix for the game I downloaded the other day downloaded with no problem, so I think the issue may be with the game.

Actually I've had many, many problems with the GM the past week or two. I've been upset that there isn't any dedicated forum to posting problems with it, we'd have to either write into tech support or suck it up & I don't really want to do either. A lot of times when I go to start up a game, neither it nor the GM will open. I removed the GM from my dock recently & after that, had a difficult time finding it. But the issues began before removing it.
I had issue with the GM regularly and was so fed up with the insipid advice from BFG, now when it happens I load Task Manager and go to processes, end process for any BFG items and GM works a treat...still a pain but much faster than deleting and redownloading..hope this helps

[Post New]by Idahonative on Aug 1, 14 2:10 PM
pammyd9388 wrote:
Yaelle wrote:
Idahonative wrote:
Idahonative wrote:I can't get this to download at all. I have Windows 7 and the only issue I have had previously with anything downloading is that for some reason if the BF Game Manager is already open, it won't download. I downloaded something else recently with no problem, but have tried this over and over, from my download file AND from my purchase history on the website. Have you guys upgraded your game manager program or something?

I have also re-downloaded the game manager, as I had checked your help section, and that didn't work either. I also tried changing the download option to alternate (as also suggested on the help page) and that didn't work. The fix for the game I downloaded the other day downloaded with no problem, so I think the issue may be with the game.

Actually I've had many, many problems with the GM the past week or two. I've been upset that there isn't any dedicated forum to posting problems with it, we'd have to either write into tech support or suck it up & I don't really want to do either. A lot of times when I go to start up a game, neither it nor the GM will open. I removed the GM from my dock recently & after that, had a difficult time finding it. But the issues began before removing it.
I had issue with the GM regularly and was so fed up with the insipid advice from BFG, now when it happens I load Task Manager and go to processes, end process for any BFG items and GM works a treat...still a pain but much faster than deleting and redownloading..hope this helps

Thanks, but it still doesn't work. I don't think the download is even getting as far as the GM...I have a text into the Techies, and it is REALLY annoying that it will take up to 48 hours to answer it. That is sooooo not what I call customer service!

[Post New]by pammyd9388 on Aug 1, 14 3:29 PM
to be honest I don;t see why they have this thread (please post tech issues here)
they can't help and just give the same bland advice as always

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Aug 1, 14 5:29 PM
Hey pammyd9388,

The reason the tech thread exist is so players can describe the issues they are having with the game and possibly offer up some advice to help get past any troubles you are having. Unfortunately, we don't have the tools to troubleshoot for specific computers here in the forums, so our technical advice will largely consist of common fixes for specific problems.

However, should pervasive issues come up, posting them in the tech thread will allow us to track the issue and relay that information to the developer to work on a patch.

If you would like troubleshooting assistance specific to your PC, you are welcome to contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. One of our Rep would be happy to look into this, but is can take up to 72 hours for our Reps to research the problem and provide an adequate solution.

I hope this helps to clear things up!

bfgWendwater

KittyQueen
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by KittyQueen on Aug 1, 14 7:46 PM
I found a glitch in the game as I was playing. I completed Level 11 and Bonus Game 1. After that the Compass of Ragnar that I picked up in Level 5 disappeared. I had to replay Level 5 to get it back.

Tammy735
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Tammy735 on Aug 2, 14 6:44 AM
Level 34 - workers won't break the stone, so I have to stop the game there.

[Post New]by Idahonative on Aug 2, 14 4:07 PM
bfgWendwater wrote:Hey pammyd9388,

The reason the tech thread exist is so players can describe the issues they are having with the game and possibly offer up some advice to help get past any troubles you are having. Unfortunately, we don't have the tools to troubleshoot for specific computers here in the forums, so our technical advice will largely consist of common fixes for specific problems.

However, should pervasive issues come up, posting them in the tech thread will allow us to track the issue and relay that information to the developer to work on a patch.

If you would like troubleshooting assistance specific to your PC, you are welcome to contact our <a href="https://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/ask">Tech Support Team</a> with a <a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=1688">Dr. Felix Report</a>. One of our Rep would be happy to look into this, but is can take up to 72 hours for our Reps to research the problem and provide an adequate solution.

I hope this helps to clear things up!

bfgWendwater

It would be nice though, if your tech department could get to the questions that are asked of them in a more timely manner. I bought the game 4 days ago, tried to figure out the problem for the first day using this forum and your help pages, sent an email to the techies the evening of the second day, got the email saying it could take up to SEVENTY TWO (72!) hours for a reply! It has been two days now, no reply yet. I think you guys need to rethink your idea of customer service. The current system is very frustrating and no end of annoying.

[Post New]by PodMod on Aug 3, 14 7:31 AM
skippystwin wrote:I just downloaded the demo. It loaded okay, but then it froze. Uninstalled, reloaded, same thing. Anyone else having this problem? Haven't had this problem with any other games.

I too am having issues with my game freezing up. It has crashed my computer several times now. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game and this did not fix the issue.

[Post New]by spidrgrl on Aug 3, 14 2:30 PM
Wanted to play this one, but it won't load. Every other BF game loads perfectly from both Game Manager and the desktop. When I click on the "play" button from the "My Games" list, it just goes to the "You have 60 minutes remaining" screen. When I click on the "Play Again" button, the little circle spins once and then nothing happens.

I'm on Windows 8 and as I said, every other BFG game I have on my list plays just fine.

KittyQueen
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by KittyQueen on Aug 3, 14 2:35 PM
Just finished Level 29 and now I have lost the compass, feather, and shield that was collected on previous levels.

skippystwin
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by skippystwin on Aug 4, 14 2:54 PM
I contacted support but didn't get any answers. I'm just glad I didn't purchase it sight unseen because I liked the previous ones so much. As for the Gamer Manager, I reinstalled it three times. I went into Properties and made myself the Administrator. Could be a coincidence, but it's worked fine so far. I also went under Compatibility and chose Windows 7.

ruibie347
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by ruibie347 on Aug 6, 14 6:36 AM
Hi I am having issues on level 26. I get to where all I have to do is defeat the witch but when I click on her I get an error of access violation code and the game shuts down. Any one else having this issue

Moneve
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Moneve on Aug 6, 14 7:59 AM
I find that on level 15 when trying to clear the Mushroom, no matter how many fishes, farm hams, berries or gold, it remains on needing 5/5. I have played 4 times and I can get to needing 5 hams and 5 gold to clear the mushroom but it never lowers the numbers. Any suggestions? PC computer Windows 7 Pro.

[Post New]by TuffyJoy on Aug 6, 14 5:33 PM
ruibie347 wrote:Hi I am having issues on level 26. I get to where all I have to do is defeat the witch but when I click on her I get an error of access violation code and the game shuts down. Any one else having this issue

I am having the exact same problem. Did you ever figure out what to do?

ruibie347
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by ruibie347 on Aug 7, 14 3:45 AM
hi TuffyJoy glad someone else is having the same problem at first I thought it was just me. And no I haven't figured anything out yet. I did check my drivers were up to date and everything so going to try it again today and will see if that makes a difference or not.

Ok just played it again and didnt do anything different but this time it worked, this was the 4th time playing it. The only thing I did was reinstall my video drivers. Hope this helps a little

Edited on 08/07/2014 at 6:40:09 AM PST

ARIA32462
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by ARIA32462 on Aug 8, 14 10:10 AM
I am level 14 and for some reason when the counter gets to 20 on all resources it stops accumulating. Even if I pick things up or the workshop and farm give out resources the counter moves from 20. I have had this on level 16 also. Please let me know what I can do to change this.

BlueStarFish
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

[Post New]by BlueStarFish on Aug 8, 14 12:40 PM
Hello aria
there is a limit on how many resources you can collect, and on most levels that is 20. If you collect more than that, you lose it.
however, some levels have actions that require more than 20 of something - those levels will have a building called Warehouse, that lets you collect 25 or 30 resource.

This is explained in the tutorial, so I don't recommend turning it off

ARIA32462
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by ARIA32462 on Aug 8, 14 3:01 PM
Thank you BlueStarFish!!!

Edited on 08/08/2014 at 3:02:22 PM PST

cutepiku
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by cutepiku on Aug 12, 14 7:34 PM
I finished a level and then went out for a bit, so I exited the game to give my computer a break. When I loaded it again, it deleted my save. I was level 26 I believe?

My computer was never off during this, either. Just exiting the game did this, I assume.

Realllly, really annoying to lose a save. Kind of don't even want to try again now.

[Post New]by rosemaryfae on Aug 13, 14 7:28 PM
Not sure if this is a game glitch. I checked my drivers and they're up-to-date (this is a new computer). So I'm going to try using Windows XP compatibility mode.

Anyway, I keep having an issue with my game freezing. After I finish level 30 my game screen freezes up (computer does not crash). When I restart the game all my level progress has been erased. I've done this twice. Hopefully I can finish the game some time.

It's not the game freezing that bothers me. It's losing ALL of my progress and having to start from level 1 that really bothers me.

Go to: