Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

Re:TGT - Legend of the Crystal Valley

[Post New]by samisgram on Apr 1, 09 5:20 AM
It's worth a trial download.

[Post New]by krissilove on Apr 1, 09 5:28 AM
Hi...I am new on here. I have just downloaded the demo version of this game. I get the first pic up and choose to play, then all I get is a black screen with thick horizontal green lines going across, I hear the music but that is it. Can anyone help me??? Thanks....

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Apr 1, 09 5:39 AM
All I get is a blank black screen and an option to send an error report to Microsoft. I cleared my cache and rebooted but that didn't help. I've sent a message to CS.

I guess it back to playing LOBE.

Edited on 04/01/2009 at 5:39:56 AM PST

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Apr 1, 09 5:48 AM
LOL Putterfish. I guess I'll go back to playing Lost in the City.

[Post New]by purpleracer on Apr 1, 09 5:56 AM
I am getting the black screen with the hour glass as well anyone know what to do about it?

ghost777
Narwhal
Narwhal
33,167 Posts

[Post New]by ghost777 on Apr 1, 09 6:03 AM
Robilyn wrote:I don't get this game. Is it suppose to be a HO game? Becuase it sure doesn't look like one to me. I hate when they call a game a HO game, and it is not. I guess they don't think we will notice. We need HO games Big Fish. Please get with the program.
This bothers me also dont call an aventure game a hidden object game.

Edited on 04/01/2009 at 6:03:55 AM PST

granny754
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

[Post New]by granny754 on Apr 1, 09 6:34 AM
I see there are problems with the demo. Has anyone bought the full game? I just did and I didn't bother with the demo download. I liked the game when I played the demo previously.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Apr 1, 09 6:46 AM
Yes I bought the full version and working ok here.

[Post New]by scoobie8568 on Apr 1, 09 6:57 AM
I get it to download, then when I try to play the trial version, it shuts down and asks if I want to send an error report. I've tried to download twice now and cannot even get to play.

eleanor1183
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,991 Posts

[Post New]by eleanor1183 on Apr 1, 09 7:02 AM
I haven't tried this game yet, but the black screen problem sounds familiar.

I ran into that problem with the Dream Chronicles games, and it seemed to be something very obscure and weird related to flashplayer and my machine. The games played perfectly on hubby's machine, but no matter what we did, CS and I could not get them to run on mine.

With all of the variations and combinations of machines, operating systems, and game software sometimes a game just isn't a "match" for a particular machine.

Go figure.

I do suggest Customer Service as your first line of inquiry, as they can usually get things figured out and running in most cases, and they will always try their hardest.
Good luck.

calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on Apr 1, 09 7:04 AM
I have to say I was both intrigued and disappointed by the demo. From the description and the first few minutes of the demo/tutorial (I did the whole tutorial as it has been a LOOOOOONNG time since I played an adventure game) I was excited: I thought "Finally, an LFG that I can play without having to resort to a walkthrough every few minutes!". Indeed, that seemed to be the case; actions were pretty intuitive and there weren't a lot of places you could go that served no purpose. I was very pleased when I managed to get through the portal and out of the caves with more than half an hour left on the demo. How disappointing then, to find that the demo would not allow me to go further! I realize that there need to be limitations on demos of LFGs, but frankly I think it would have been a better choice to allow the player to spend some time in the "magical" section of the game, as the developers said in an interview that that is one of the things that sets this game apart from others: the wealth of research they did into Eastern Europe mythology and lore to provide the backstory. I was prepared to purchase an extra credit and go ahead and buy this game, but I have not now been provided with enough incentive to do so. I will wait a few days, read the forums and possibly purchase when my credit comes through, I'm not sure. But a note to both and the developers: Don't tease us with descriptions of what makes your game special and then not let us see even a bit of it! Fewer sales will be the likely result!

bedheadkg
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by bedheadkg on Apr 1, 09 7:15 AM
I think the problem I was having was definately me and not the game! Been back for another go and it works just fine so I guess I just wasn't clicking in the right place. Not played for long enough to get a feel of it yet but it certainly looks nice and seems quite straightforward to play.
xx

dtouchton
Manatee
Manatee
4,156 Posts

[Post New]by dtouchton on Apr 1, 09 7:58 AM
I hope this one is listed as a Felix favorite. Otherwise I will pass as I have played the demo elsewhere.

Rose427
Stingray
Stingray
4,519 Posts

[Post New]by Rose427 on Apr 1, 09 8:00 AM
I thought it was just going to be puzzles, but I see it's also an adventure game, so that's a pleasant surprise, I will probably purchase this one

[Post New]by TopazMystique on Apr 1, 09 8:22 AM
calsmom2001 wrote:I have to say I was both intrigued and disappointed by the demo. From the description and the first few minutes of the demo/tutorial (I did the whole tutorial as it has been a LOOOOOONNG time since I played an adventure game) I was excited: I thought "Finally, an LFG that I can play without having to resort to a walkthrough every few minutes!". Indeed, that seemed to be the case; actions were pretty intuitive and there weren't a lot of places you could go that served no purpose. I was very pleased when I managed to get through the portal and out of the caves with more than half an hour left on the demo.

I'm new to large-file adventures and decided it would be best to go thru the tutorial. I'm trying to solve the statue puzzle. Thought I had everything placed correctly:

Moon on top
maiden on next shelf
dragon, knight, monster left to right on next shelf
devil on the bottom

but nothing seems to happen. What am I missing?

calsmom2001 wrote:How disappointing then, to find that the demo would not allow me to go further!

Maybe you need to restart as a new player and not do the tutorial?

Also, I probably won't be buying this because the mouse is hard-coded for right-handed people. Wish developers would follow the lead of DragonStone developers!

[Post New]by TopazMystique on Apr 1, 09 8:51 AM
Sorry. Found a walk-thru for the puzzle and found that I needed to move the dragon and monster up to the maiden's shelf. Once I got thru the portal and tried to restart a new game without the tutorial, it started me off at the farmhouse again so I guess this is all we get.

For those of you who are good at adventure games, this was probably a disappointment. But I only have 4 minutes left so it was an adventure for me. Still won't be buying it, tho, because of the hard-coded mouse. I was all set to use my last game credit, too...

[Post New]by krissilove on Apr 1, 09 9:16 AM
Thanks Eleanor1183.....I have sent an e-mail to CS....I am just waiting for a reply....

melisten
Manatee
Manatee
3,783 Posts

[Post New]by melisten on Apr 1, 09 9:25 AM
LOL - Poodle ........ and what am I playing! Puzzle Park

Me to d/l last night and couldnt stop playing - a real nice match 3

Did d/l tgt not sure if its my cup of tea but nothing ventured nothing gained - Will try the trial get back to ya

rebacin
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by rebacin on Apr 1, 09 9:41 AM
Well, I am disappointed. I was able to download but when I went to play the game, I received a Microsoft error !!!! Deleted game & reinstalled- the same thing happened; so looks like I won't be spending a credit on this one!!

maabea9116
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by maabea9116 on Apr 1, 09 9:54 AM
Same error problem with "locv.exe can not blah blah". I have XP so it is a supported platform.
It seems like a great game!!
I sent a CS inquiry so I am hoping that it is something that can be fixed so I can play it.

Go to: