jigsnwigs
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

Re:Strategies for playing Midnight Castle

[Post New]by jigsnwigs on Jan 17, 15 12:10 PM
How long would you say it takes you to do all 29 HOS?

I don't keep track. Time flies when I'm in MC.

When you are doing a round of HOS do you pause to collect all 3 morphing flowers before going to the next scene?

I'm happy if I get 2. It seems like they'll morph as I'm clicking to go to another room. I've found I can go back into the room (even after doing a HOS) and it will still be there for me to snap up.

Do you play the new HOS scenes quickly or do you play them slowly so they don’t level up so soon?

In my main game, at first quickly, then slooowly, then quickly again. As other players have said, you get more coin in the longer wait times.

In my second game, I use wands to collect the six objects for 6,000 + 3,100 for time and use 6 wands.

How many rounds of HOS do you usually complete a day? In my main game I only play what i have to. In my second game I don't have much open and play rounds, don't keep track.

Do you feed pets as soon as food is available or do you wait for a Daily Quest that requires feeding pets?

I was feeding right away, but now am saving up food.

Do you ever use diamonds to bring the Airship back early so you can send it more often than every 4 hours?

No.

Do you play the Game Table every 12 hours? Do you have any strategy for which character to play and when?

Main game yes, second game didn't even open it.

Do you have a limit that you will not go beyond when spinning the Fortune Wheel?

Main game 300, but have spent more on occasion. 2nd game only the freebie!

When doing quests, do you read what the character says at the top of the quest before and after the quest? (I often forget to do this and lose parts of the story line.)

Yes.

How many games of Midnight Castle do you have as different players?

How do you keep your pointer finger or wrist in shape?

Don't have that problem. My shoulder gets sore.

Statistics: Main / 2nd
Level and tasks? 28 lvl 775 quests / 15 227
Time spent playing? 12d 6h 44m / 2d 12h 30m
Flowers collected? 12,224 / 2726
HOS completed? 4,835 / 1179
Achievements? 67 / 37
Pets? 10 / 2 xmas 2 regular

Do you have any other tips for players?

You can scroll through the vertical list of friends and click on them to go to them in the horizontal list. And the scroll wheel on the mouse has saved my pointer finger.

Love the forum!!

soaringpenguin
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by soaringpenguin on Mar 21, 15 6:33 PM
Currently, I am on level 25 and have 26 HOS. It took me 37 minutes to run through them today.

I usually get at least 2 flowers, sometimes too impatient to wait for the third.

I never seem to be ready to quit when I've run through all the HOS so I run back to those new ones because they don't take an hour to become available again. When I open a new area and have a few HOS that are not built up, I start my "rounds" with them and catch them again at the end.

How many rounds of HOS do you usually complete a day? It depends a lot on how busy I am. Right now I'm getting in a lot of play because I got sick - a cold that's threatening to turn into a sinus infection. I have a lot of time on my hands right now but that's going to dry up when I get my health back.

Do you feed pets as soon as food is available or do you wait for a Daily Quest that requires feeding pets? The thought of pets going hungry is too strong for me to do anything but feed them as soon as I can. Silly, isn't it?

Do you ever use diamonds to bring the Airship back early so you can send it more often than every 4 hours? No.

Do you play the Game Table every 12 hours? Do you have any strategy for which character to play and when? I play the characters that have items, then finish the round trying for coin. I haven't acquired the achievements for winning items and coins yet so I play whenever I can. Also, I haven't had the opportunity to play the dragon.

Do you have a limit that you will not go beyond when spinning the Fortune Wheel? It depends a lot on how much I have and what's on the wheel. It took me a while to figure out why coins matter.

When doing quests, do you read what the character says at the top of the quest before and after the quest? yes

How many games of Midnight Castle do you have as different players? 1

How do you keep your pointer finger or wrist in shape? (mine is sore) I use a cordless trackball mouse. I never have any discomfort. I love it.

Statistics:
What level are you on and how many tasks have you completed? 25, 623 quests
How much time have you spent playing? 7d 11h 42 min
How many flowers have you collected? 1461
How many HOS completed? 4056
How many achievements? 58
How many pets? 4

Do you have any other tips for players? The best thing I've done for my game is to read the forums. Thank you all so much for posting. I've been a slow learner, stumbling through the game, until I found the forum and started reading.

mythros
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by mythros on Apr 11, 15 5:16 PM
Hi ya'll,
I have a strategy question.

I've noticed that some items distributed from a scene hand out items in a manner that produces a shortage of one very needed necessary item.

Q: Does anyone play those types of HOS s more frequently than the others so as to create a more numerically balanced inventory?

Would doing so create a problem of some kind?

Mythros
a346810

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Apr 11, 15 7:00 PM
Hello Mythros.............would you, could you possibly be talking about the Immortal Treasure? I have tried that strategy of playing that HOS more in hopes of getting more........I didn't.
I cant see any reason if would create a problem.........I just ended up with more of those round things with spikes.

mythros
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by mythros on Apr 11, 15 8:29 PM
Hi again with another question:

Q: How many friends are considered a manageable number for gifting?

What systems are used to keep track of gifts coming in from who?
It's important to be fair and just, as important not to waste 1 of the few
precious 5 we are allowed to exchange.
I get confused with groups in fractions of 5.
How do others keep track?

aussiegirl1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,017 Posts

[Post New]by aussiegirl1 on Apr 11, 15 10:42 PM
mythros,

I do it the old fashioned way, note pad and pen, I have 40 friends (this varies as I get rid of people that don't gift back in a week),
I go from the start of my list and write down all their names, I then gift to the first five and then the next day I do the next five and so on..... this will let you gift to all your friends at least once a week (35 friends) I also write down the gifts sent to me as some are more treasured (rare) than others,

Hope this has helped,

AG1

[Post New]by Beelzebubba on Apr 12, 15 2:55 AM
There are 33 HOS in the game where I am on level 33. How long would you say it takes you to do all 33 HOS?40 minutes or so.

When you are doing a round of HOS do you pause to collect all 3 morphing flowers before going to the next scene?If I see them I click if not NBD.

Do you play the new HOS scenes quickly or do you play them slowly so they don’t level up so soon?I level up ASAP for the coins.

How many rounds of HOS do you usually complete a day?I don't work so 5-8?

Do you feed pets as soon as food is available or do you wait for a Daily Quest that requires feeding pets?I feed pets ASAP but only the pet with the least food per type.

Do you ever use diamonds to bring the Airship back early so you can send it more often than every 4 hours?Not usually. Have been for the Spring event to get suns.

Do you play the Game Table every 12 hours? Do you have any strategy for which character to play and when?Yes. I play whoever has objects or the dragon, both for the achievements. Once I complete them, we'll see.

Do you have a limit that you will not go beyond when spinning the Fortune Wheel?Now that I have all the eggs, I just spin my free spin.

When doing quests, do you read what the character says at the top of the quest before and after the quest? (I often forget to do this and lose parts of the story line.)No.

Do you have any other tips for players?I used to run out of coins a lot, especially when I got to a part where there were new ZZs and areas to open. Now I set a coin limit to reach before finishing a quest. I add 2000 the amount of coins needed to craft (if needed) and don't hit complete until I reach it. It's helped tons.

What level are you on and how many tasks have you completed? 37, 1,181 quests
How much time have you spent playing? 12 days 32 min.
How many flowers have you collected? 7,902
How many HOS completed? 10,567
How many achievements? 88
How many pets? 14

I don't keep track of my friends. If I have something they need and can afford to give it, I do. I don't ask for anything but airship items. To me those are most "doable" and they get TYs.

Edited on 04/12/2015 at 2:56:31 AM PST

mythros
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by mythros on Apr 12, 15 7:32 AM
Hi aussiegirl,
Yes, your method you described makes it all sound so simple.
Thanks.

Mythros
a346810

mythros
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by mythros on Apr 12, 15 8:29 AM
Hi sbaker2318,

RATS !!! I just lost my finished reply when trying to send. So, now you get the short version.

Yes, your exactly dead on straight about what I talking about it.

That bit with the Elf King needs to have looking at by the developers. It's like being on a merry-go-round for 6 hours.

Mythros
a346810

Edited on 04/12/2015 at 8:34:56 AM PST

kittensnlace
Guppy
Guppy
174 Posts

[Post New]by kittensnlace on Apr 12, 15 1:47 PM
mythros wrote:Hi sbaker2318,

RATS !!! I just lost my finished reply when trying to send. So, now you get the short version.

Yes, your exactly dead on straight about what I talking about it.

That bit with the Elf King needs to have looking at by the developers. It's like being on a merry-go-round for 6 hours.

Mythros
a346810

I don't want to spoil your fun, but wait til you get to the quest that requires 3 Bracelets of Seeing for a total of 30 trips to the Battle Pit/Armory. Each Bracelet of Seeing needs 4 Signs of Mercy (24 Glowing Darkness) and 3 Symbols of Secret Confessions (6 Crystal of Twilight). Makes me feel like I'm back in the days of the old Bow Figure/Six Paws fiasco. Thank God for great friends!!!

Kittensnlace

mythros
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by mythros on Apr 17, 15 12:03 PM
kittenslace,
Oh my, please spoil my fun. How long do I have to gird up my loins for that upcoming 'saga of misery and woe'?

Mythros
a346810

kitty_2009
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by kitty_2009 on Apr 19, 15 5:35 PM
As of right now, I've decided that while it's fun to play all the scenes, it's way better to play the game like this: click on a button that has a quest, then click go to, find a HOS or in some cases a Zoom Zone, gain the required item, and then see if another scene is required, if time has more than 10 minutes left on the clock, leave the game and came back a few minutes or hours later. I hate to recommend you do this, but it's easier.

12earth45
Clownfish
Clownfish
885 Posts

[Post New]by 12earth45 on Apr 19, 15 8:05 PM
How long would you say it takes you to do all 33 HOS?

I am slow, 45 mins

When you are doing a round of HOS do you pause to collect all 3 morphing flowers before going to the next scene?

Yes

Do you play the new HOS scenes quickly or do you play them slowly so they don’t level up so soon?

ASAP

How many rounds of HOS do you usually complete a day?

Ave. 2, but some days 4 at this level (61)

Do you feed pets as soon as food is available or do you wait for a Daily Quest that requires feeding pets?

When I have enough to have 20 bags left after feeding

Do you ever use diamonds to bring the Airship back early so you can send it more often than every 4 hours?

For daily quests, have done twice

Do you play the Game Table every 12 hours? Do you have any strategy for which character to play and when?

For daily quest , results so random, start with 300 point one, if win, do lower ones, if lose do higher one

Do you have a limit that you will not go beyond when spinning the Fortune Wheel?

Do daily quest x 2 if asked, or for needed egg

When doing quests, do you read what the character says at the top of the quest before and after the quest? (I often forget to do this and lose parts of the story line.)

Most of the times

How many games of Midnight Castle do you have as different players?

One

How do you keep your pointer finger or wrist in shape? (mine is sore)

Play on IPAD, have pointer

Statistics: so many ??,

after 6 months, on level 61, waiting for update. 16 pets

Do you have any other tips for players?

Patience is key, I did everything "wrong" at start, sold items, crafted often for coins. Used diamonds to move quickly. Almost decided to quit, I think around Level 21
Did HOS for 5 days only, and then XMAS special renewed me.
BACK UP game on flash drive, or PC

Thanks to BIG FISH for great game, and the forum users! For their help. Good luck to everyone in the castle! [=

GrandmaTyra
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by GrandmaTyra on Apr 28, 15 7:44 AM
Someone kindly posted times of day it is best to gift and how in order to receive more thank you cards. It was very good information but now I can't find it. If someone knows would you please post it again? In order to stay in the game I have started to take pictures of the good stuff and put them in an album named Midnight Castle for quick reference.

Edited on 04/28/2015 at 8:46:04 AM PST

Doodlebug2
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by Doodlebug2 on Apr 28, 15 8:07 AM
Today I realized I can change the "Mode" of my monitor. There is a selection for Game Mode, Theater Mode, Night View, Scenery Mode and Standard Mode. I was playing around with the different modes and noticed many details I have never seen before. I am on level 37. There is a swarm of flies around the turkey in the Game Table HOS. It amazes me the amount of detail and movement in the game. It must be an incredible undertaking for the developement team. Makes me appreciate them a little bit more.

[Post New]by newbeginningss on May 25, 15 2:19 AM
If anyone is having a problem with their wrist try using a stylus. It helps. Also I have noticed I have a few friends who can send me gifts and I can't send any to them. Does anyone know why this is? Most of my friends I have no problem sending gifts to.

Wolfheze
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Wolfheze on Jun 19, 15 7:04 AM
Hi newbeginningss,
they are probably gifting only games, so they have no active wishlist. Some people have 2 games, they play one and another one they only use as a feeder. They would not want to receive gifts in the feeder, but they can be generous from it...

[Post New]by Gamegirl1957 on Jun 19, 15 12:58 PM
Hi LizzieK! What a great conversation you started!! It is fun to read what other players are doing in the game!! Most of the answers to your queries have been said by other players, but I do have a remedy to your "sore" pointer I know go through many stylist pens, they have increased my scoring too! What I do in HOS scenes is to count by twos, meaning I read the items left to right, and do two items at a time. I find this is a good brain train too. It seems to go faster and easier for me when I do this. Prior to doing this I would tend to look ahead and would have to re-read the items and slowing my speed. I really enjoy doing them! Some people try to just get them over with, but I find them a very fun part of the game! Continue having fun! Happy gaming!
Ps: I can even type just as fast with my pen as I can with my fingers!

lulu1402
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by lulu1402 on Aug 10, 15 6:24 AM
Levels 40 to 50 are the hardest ,i now people who have thrown in the towel as it seemed to them to be getting harder and harder ,how ever stick in there it gets easier and the last up date was a walk over plus the fact as you catch up to the current level ,ou get plenty of time in between up dates to build money and things up and its not going to be as hard for you

[Post New]by BlazeDuskdreamer on Aug 10, 15 9:07 AM
mythros wrote:Hi again with another question:

Q: How many friends are considered a manageable number for gifting?

What systems are used to keep track of gifts coming in from who?
It's important to be fair and just, as important not to waste 1 of the few
precious 5 we are allowed to exchange.
I get confused with groups in fractions of 5.
How do others keep track?

I count Just John and he's a dear so he will always be counted. That sweetie sends me flowers or whatever I need daily so love him. I won't say he's my favorite because I'm fortunate enough to have friends who almost all gift me daily. Of course, I am likewise generous and love gifting them too.

Right now I have like 9 and I feel like at max I'll go to 15. I have one, I'm about to dump now that I've got the achievement for gifting because she sends things once in a blue moon and I think it's been more than a week so if she doesn't send something in the next week, she gone. I've had a request in forever for someone who spells my daughter's unusual name exactly the same way she does and I changed the spelling to please myself but she either doesn't play or just isn't accepting. I even made sure my daughter had never played and forgot about it. She swears it's not her. But 15, I can gift 3x a day and not miss anyone as long as I have the resources. Even though I made the achievement, I still gift loyally. Except right now, I'm refusing to gift the one who isn't gifting back. At least once a week, sounds like a good tip and I think I'll make that my yardstick.

One thing I do is see who scored near me in the tournament and send a request. I figure we're about even in ability and so far, it's worked well. The one who isn't gifting requested me and unless she did the same and got my name from the tourney, I don't know how she did.

Go to: