youreyes13
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Mayan Prophecies: Blood Moon Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by youreyes13 on Aug 9, 14 10:45 AM
People have been posting the same problems with this game since its release, yet BFG reps haven't even responded once. Is there anything being done to fix these issues?

bfgVaiya wrote:Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>. Using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a> is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=166"> Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen </a>
<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=438">Game Compatibility</a>

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgVaiya

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Mayan Prophecies: Blood Moon Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by soquelcalifornia on Aug 9, 14 11:23 AM
It seems to me that ANYONE who's played the entire game should be able to answer my question.

Since I don't know if it's a tech issue that I cannot find the horoscopes, I posted it here.

Edited on 08/09/2014 at 11:28:21 AM PST

LEOTA26
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by LEOTA26 on Aug 9, 14 1:01 PM
soquelcalifornia wrote:It seems to me that ANYONE who's played the entire game should be able to answer my question.

Since I don't know if it's a tech issue that I cannot find the horoscopes, I posted it here.

Yes the horoscope pieces are only in the bonus chapter.

firehorsecos
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by firehorsecos on Aug 9, 14 2:20 PM
Posted this in a separate thread, in case anyone got to that mini game and got frustrated like I did, but I'll post it here too, as this is an obvious glitch:

Once you enter the Land of Forgotten Gods, there is a game where you have to lead the Druid to the Magic Tree. The instructions SAY in 17 moves OR LESS. However, it will not ACCEPT "or less". It will only accept EXACTLY 17 moves. Yet another frikken glitch by the Devs.

Firehorse

firehorsecos
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by firehorsecos on Aug 9, 14 2:24 PM
soquelcalifornia wrote:It seems to me that ANYONE who's played the entire game should be able to answer my question.

soquelcalifornia: They are only in the bonus chapter. Sometimes multiple pieces in a scene.

Firehorse

[Post New]by soquelcalifornia on Aug 9, 14 4:09 PM
Thank you SO much. I knew someone could help out.

Many kind thanks, firehorsecos!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Aug 9, 14 8:22 PM
Playing on a MACBook Pro 10.8.5. I, too, have run into the progression issue where sections of the game are blocked off, yet items are needed from those areas to progress in the game. I, too, need the stone feather or the worm. I believe I placed the fresco in the lunar altar before the game wanted me to and that is what casused the problem..? Regardless, this is the 2nd game I have purchased TODAY in which progress is fatally halted due to a tech/programming error. Both may be (I'm not sure as not all people mention which system they are on) singular to MAC gamers. This is unconscionable, Big Fish. Clean up your act! Second game in one day! Sheesh! Seriously?

P.S. To others with the issues with LOCKED PORTIONS OF THE GAME - please don't forget to follow the forum rules and mention which system you are playing on! Also, don't forget to also contact tech support and send in your Dr. Felix!

UPDATE: Thank you BFG for a timely and functional fix! All systems "GO" and I completed the game with no more issues! Don't forget to start with a new player name after downloading the fixed updated game!

Edited on 08/17/2014 at 8:06:59 PM PST

TimeKilla
Herring
Herring
399 Posts

[Post New]by TimeKilla on Aug 9, 14 10:37 PM
bajacalla wrote:I’m stuck on the “eyes in the mask” puzzle - I have one more set of eyes to place, but the game is stuck there. the eyes won’t move, the “skip” button isn’t working, the “reset” function isn’t working, can’t go to the map, and can’t back out of the puzzle. all I can do is quit the game, but it’s saved there, and opening the game again takes me right back to the broken puzzle. do I have to start all over with a different profile?

I'm having the exact same problem. Finished the game, got all eyes where they should be and then it froze. SG is no help. Exited, went back -Still stuck. Can't back out, can't use the skip button. CAn't reset the game. This is very frustrating but I'm hoping I just overlooked something simple.

Playing on a PC, everything is updated.

Edited on 08/09/2014 at 10:38:07 PM PST

giddiup101
Minnow
Minnow
282 Posts

[Post New]by giddiup101 on Aug 9, 14 11:00 PM
TimeKilla wrote:
bajacalla wrote:I’m stuck on the “eyes in the mask” puzzle - I have one more set of eyes to place, but the game is stuck there. the eyes won’t move, the “skip” button isn’t working, the “reset” function isn’t working, can’t go to the map, and can’t back out of the puzzle. all I can do is quit the game, but it’s saved there, and opening the game again takes me right back to the broken puzzle. do I have to start all over with a different profile?

I'm having the exact same problem. Finished the game, got all eyes where they should be and then it froze. SG is no help. Exited, went back -Still stuck. Can't back out, can't use the skip button. CAn't reset the game. This is very frustrating but I'm hoping I just overlooked something simple.

Playing on a PC, everything is updated.

I'm having the same issue. I've finished the puzzle, all the lights are green but now I am frozen.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Aug 10, 14 6:02 AM
There are very long black screen lags between scenes. I also crashed with a "fatal error," which wasn't fatal, apparently, because I was able to get back into the game. That's what I get for purchasing without a demo because I liked the other games in the series. If I am able to finish, it will certainly be lengthy with all those black lags.

Edit to say: I can play for a few minutes, but as soon as the scene changes, I get another fatal error. I have requested a refund.

Edited on 08/11/2014 at 3:11:49 AM PST

[Post New]by carolmylar on Aug 10, 14 1:23 PM
dorish2 wrote:My hint button has also stopped working. I need to get the worm to catch the fish, and I can't find it anywhere, also I need to get whatever I need to finish the drawing. I really don't want to start over. This is not the fault of my computer, it is the game.

Doreen

[Post New]by sharmimi on Aug 12, 14 7:35 PM
My inventory has disappeared twice. As long as I am playing I'm fine but after leaving and coming back in I have the entire inventory is gone. The hint button indicates the inventory is way off the left side of the screen

lsr103
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by lsr103 on Aug 12, 14 7:46 PM
This has to be a programming problem. I have now replayed the game for a second time - and yes - if you miss the coal to complete the cave drawing before the mountain pass to the sauna collapses, you're completely snookered; you can no longer go back to get it and the game can no longer be continued.

On the first occasion I played the game I had the bead which completed the crypt-idol's necklace but not the coal. This time I made sure I had the coal, but now cannot obtain the bead.

I've switched to casual setting so I can at least get a hint or a sparkle - anything! Zilch!

This has got to be a game-programming issue. Could someone do something, please?

[Post New]by maryah1974 on Aug 13, 14 7:25 AM
Update is not showing for this game. I followed the instructions for manual updates since it wasn't automatically updating.

[Post New]by jbird26 on Aug 13, 14 1:05 PM
I am playing on a PC but having the same problem as many where I need the stone feather but that section of the game is unavailable to me. All I have in inventory are matches and a jaguar figure. Apparently I put the snake on the mountain door before having everything I needed to proceed. I am playing on the custom setting with no sparkles. How am I supposed to know I have more to do in one section so I don't get locked out of the game and have to start over. I'm afraid to start over for fear of making another fatal error in the game and needing to start over again. Is there an update for PC?

dtouchton
Manatee
Manatee
4,156 Posts

[Post New]by dtouchton on Aug 15, 14 10:21 AM
I manually checked for updates. None found. I am still stuck without the feather.

dtouchton
Manatee
Manatee
4,156 Posts

[Post New]by dtouchton on Aug 15, 14 11:16 AM
Uninstalled and reinstalled. Still stuck. Contacted CS. We'll see.

shadowandzeke
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by shadowandzeke on Aug 15, 14 2:57 PM
I get an error bong and a black screen usually when I move from scene to scene. I thought the new build would fix this but it is still happening. I'm running windows vista 64 bit and all my drivers and software are up to date.

youreyes13
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by youreyes13 on Aug 15, 14 7:40 PM
Still no update or fix for this game??? Not even a reply from BFG?!

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Aug 16, 14 4:09 AM
I see there's an update for PCs now. I am downloading as I type and really hope this fixes the problems!

Go to: