Servers back up !!!!

chipper23
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

Re:Servers back up !!!!

[Post New]by chipper23 on Aug 7, 14 3:10 PM
No update showing for me..Uggg..This is so frustrating...It seems I always have a problem when a new update appears..

temp_89120
Catfish
Catfish
1,631 Posts

[Post New]by temp_89120 on Aug 7, 14 3:24 PM
prettywalks wrote:
I am having great problems logging onto my manor. I repeatedly get the message to update my manor but can find no update not even manually. Grrrh! any advice?
I am on windows

Hi prettywalks,

It sounds like you've already tried the things that I know (exit and restart DM, check Game Manager).

Until someone else pops in with suggestions, this is mine - open an Incident with Customer Service now. You can always close it later if you're able to fix the problem yourself.

Go to the bottom right of this page to Get Help Customer Support and click on the link. Next go to the bottom left to Still Need Help? Contact Us and click that link. Fill out everything. Probably best to include a Dr. Felix Report if you're having a technical issue (see yellow note at top of page). You should immediately receive an automated response in your email acknowledging receipt of the Incident. An actual Customer Service (CS) response may take around three days or more. I don't think that CS usually works the weekends. Always, always reply to CS no matter how off point their emails might be. If you don't, the Incident will be considered closed. If six calendar days go by without an email from CS, open up another Incident, put the first Incident number in the details box along with a statement that you've had no response and that all the information is available under the first Incident. Good luck.

_G4il_
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,426 Posts

[Post New]by _G4il_ on Aug 7, 14 3:29 PM
chipper23 wrote:No update showing for me..Uggg..This is so frustrating...It seems I always have a problem when a new update appears..

Hi chipper23!

Are you iOS? I'm on iPad and the update was automatic. Do you have the new Crop Circle? If so, you've been updated.

moosetracker
Flounder
Flounder
2,484 Posts

[Post New]by moosetracker on Aug 7, 14 3:30 PM
I sent you a PM prettywalks, and Theorem also explained where to look for the manual update.. Did you locate the area to look for it.. Is it that when you click on the "Check For Updates" button it is not showing that any game needs to be updated.. Or are you having trouble with our explanations on were to pull a manual update and still looking for that..

Same question for you Chipper : below is the Private message I sent to Prettywalks..

Go to the Big Fish game center and look for options (top, right side) Choose the tab that says "Downloads".. make sure radio button is set to Manually and then click on the button "Check for updates".. It should show you at least the one update for Dark manor.. Choose to install it..

chipper23
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by chipper23 on Aug 7, 14 3:33 PM
_G4il_ wrote:
chipper23 wrote:No update showing for me..Uggg..This is so frustrating...It seems I always have a problem when a new update appears..

Hi chipper23!

Are you iOS? I'm on iPad and the update was automatic. Do you have the new Crop Circle? If so, you've been updated.

I am on windows..I can't even get into the game..It says to install the new update but no update is showing in my game manager..

chipper23
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by chipper23 on Aug 7, 14 3:36 PM
moosetracker wrote:I sent you a PM prettywalks, and Theorem also explained where to look for the manual update.. Did you locate the area to look for it.. Is it that when you click on the "Check For Updates" button it is not showing that any game needs to be updated.. Or are you having trouble with our explanations on were to pull a manual update and still looking for that..

Same question for you Chipper : below is the Private message I sent to Prettywalks..

Go to the Big Fish game center and look for options (top, right side) Choose the tab that says "Downloads".. make sure radio button is set to Manually and then click on the button "Check for updates".. It should show you at least the one update for Dark manor.. Choose to install it..
Thanks moosetracker , It is not showing an update either manually or automatic...I installed a new update this morning for Awakening Kingdoms with no problem..I have had issues before with Dark manor and updates...I was locked out of the game for almost 3 weeks when they had the last update..

moosetracker
Flounder
Flounder
2,484 Posts

[Post New]by moosetracker on Aug 7, 14 3:50 PM
Sorry - then if this is the case, it will need to be a support ticket to Customer Service.. That stinks..

[Post New]by prettywalks on Aug 7, 14 3:55 PM
moosetracker wrote:I sent you a PM prettywalks, and Theorem also explained where to look for the manual update.. Did you locate the area to look for it.. Is it that when you click on the "Check For Updates" button it is not showing that any game needs to be updated.. Or are you having trouble with our explanations on were to pull a manual update and still looking for that..

I have no problem locating the area to look for it. I have tried the manual updates and I get the message 'searching for update', 20 minutes later it is still searching. I have never had to wait that long before.

temp_89120
Catfish
Catfish
1,631 Posts

[Post New]by temp_89120 on Aug 7, 14 4:08 PM
prettywalks wrote:
I have no problem locating the area to look for it. I have tried the manual updates and I get the message 'searching for update', 20 minutes later it is still searching. I have never had to wait that long before.

Is your Game Manager software current? When the Options window comes up, at the top right is a version number. Mine is Version 3.3.0.2 (2.8).

moosetracker
Flounder
Flounder
2,484 Posts

[Post New]by moosetracker on Aug 7, 14 4:11 PM
Well then maybe it is not Dark Manor but the big fish game console itself.. I just did it and it quickly came back with "No game updates Available" (this because I already updated DM game earlier in the day).. Perhaps the update to the other game that you did earlier did something to the manual update search..

Still I think you need to create a ticket to BigFish for help.

Edited on 08/07/2014 at 4:24:14 PM PST

[Post New]by mywildirishrose on Aug 7, 14 4:16 PM
Why are some having to install an update and some don't?
That makes no sense to me at all!

chipper23
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by chipper23 on Aug 7, 14 4:33 PM
moosetracker wrote:Well then maybe it is not Dark Manor but the big fish game console itself.. I just did it and it quickly came back with "No game updates Available" (this because I already updated DM game earlier in the day).. Perhaps the update to the other game that you did earlier did something to the manual update search..

Still I think you need to create a ticket to BigFish for help.
I put in a ticket with them..I don't know what is is with me and Dark Manor updates..When I see there is an update..I can that "OH NO" feeling...I have had so many issues with updates..So, now I wait...And, of course, I have land opening up in a couple of hours...Geez..

Oleellie
Minnow
Minnow
223 Posts

[Post New]by Oleellie on Aug 7, 14 6:37 PM
mywildirishrose wrote:Why are some having to install an update and some don't?
That makes no sense to me at all!

I don't understand it either . . but when I woke up this morning I discovered I'd slept through maintenance . . and update . . and a crop circle was waiting for me!

I believe it's because I play using iOS on iPad . . so as someone mentioned before, no manual input from me was required . . Fortunately!!

BTW, please free to visit 1 Oleander Drive if you want a sticky-beak at the crop circle . . and join me for a or two . . .

[Post New]by diandi on Aug 8, 14 2:19 AM
hi
I am unable to log on, keep getting update available message, so I go to downloads and manual search 1 download available go to install no download shown
I am playing 2 manors one on windows desk top and the other on facebook
last log in was on facebook
been waiting on land sale and now cant get in ho hum here we go again

moosetracker
Flounder
Flounder
2,484 Posts

[Post New]by moosetracker on Aug 8, 14 4:17 AM
Hopefully they will fix you before the end of the day, if not I would keep track of the land you open and ask your rep to reimburse you 50% of the silver or gold spent to open the land.. If you don't have over abundance of silver to open at full price then ask for a refund, I think there is a list of land prices in the DM 101 thread, I am just not sure if it includes the cost of the last plots of land or if it was added and never updated when new land was made available..

Good luck.

[Post New]by prettywalks on Aug 8, 14 12:29 PM
temp_89120 wrote:
prettywalks wrote:

Is your Game Manager software current? When the Options window comes up, at the top right is a version number. Mine is Version 3.3.0.2 (2.8).

yes my game manager software is current, I have the same version as you

[Post New]by diandi on Aug 8, 14 1:41 PM
now back in after I received the latest update managed to get my land expansion
thanks Dark Manor

temp_89120
Catfish
Catfish
1,631 Posts

[Post New]by temp_89120 on Aug 8, 14 3:13 PM
prettywalks wrote:...
yes my game manager software is current, I have the same version as you

I'm out of ideas. Unless you've found something else that worked (please post it if you did) then I think it's time for Customer Service.

https://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/ask

[Post New]by prettywalks on Aug 8, 14 3:28 PM
I have posted a ticket with customer services, I will await their response

Theorem
Flounder
Flounder
2,290 Posts

[Post New]by Theorem on Aug 9, 14 12:21 AM
For info, I just got the update NOW! Wow, that was a quick move! :-)

Go to: