saxifraga
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Spirit of Revenge: Cursed Castle Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by saxifraga on Aug 9, 14 2:59 PM
OMG, it seems I ran into yet another glitch in an HOP in the attic of the tower. You have to select pairs of matching items, alas I cannot get the last two pairs. There are three types of masks here, a carnival mask, an iron mask and a gas mask, the last two being unselectable. The hint highlights the carnival mask and reveals a tiny rim of the glowing circle just at the edge of the iron mask, which may mean that the matching item ist completely hidden by that fat and useless iron mask. Cannot go any further. I would appreciate any hints to get out of this.
Disregarding the many glitches it could be a great game ...
Mac Book Pro 10.9.4

Edited on 08/09/2014 at 3:11:08 PM PST

Lady8star
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Spirit of Revenge: Cursed Castle Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Lady8star on Aug 9, 14 3:09 PM
Can not enter password into computer in the child's room. I double checked the strategy guide and it is the right code but when I put it in and press enter it says wrong code. Anyone else have this problem?

tempeasu
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by tempeasu on Aug 9, 14 3:39 PM
this game is one the worst cd game I have demo.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Aug 9, 14 4:18 PM
lmhagood wrote:So far, lots of glitches in this game and now I'm stuck, again. The first glitch is when you have to do a "spot the difference" on the painting of the man in the book. I had to restart under a new player because it would not let me pick the last difference which was the curtain. After restarting under a new name, I was able to pick all 10 differences without issue. Now I am stuck in the girl's room. After replacing the torn pictures from the girl's book, you get a cut scene, but now there is just a frozen picture of the chair cushion that the book was laying on. I can't exit the picture. Even we I leave the room, and return, the cushion picture is still there. It obstructs the painting so I cannot replace the frame pieces and do the safe puzzle with the mother's name, which is "Michelle". I'm not restating under another profile...too frustrating! I would suggest waiting to buy this game until some of these glitches are worked out. This could be a great game when they fix these issues.

I'm on a MacBook Pro. 10.9.4

MacBook Pro 10.8.5
I am also having the chair cushion picture frozen and in the way of grabbing the locket from the safe. Slightly different in that I have completed the safe combo and opened it, but the cushion window appeared in the way. Have left the room and exited the game, the window remains in the way. Have uninstalled and am in the process of reinstalling. I will update when finished with the results.
UPDATE: Well, as another player already reported, uninstalling and reinstalling does not clear the cushion. Progress is halted. It appears most of the tech issues on here are MAC-related. I will send a report to customer support and I advise all to do the same. We need a fix here.
Btw, I love how the glitch occurs about 5 minutes after purchasing the game!

Edited on 08/09/2014 at 4:22:49 PM PST

Delorean01
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Delorean01 on Aug 9, 14 4:43 PM
Same issue with me - cannot get past the cushion in the child's room. SO frustrating as I had just bought the game after the demo and was really enjoying it.....I'm on a Mac 10.7

Opsimath
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Opsimath on Aug 9, 14 6:33 PM
but2730 wrote:Bought the game immediately as was impressed and playing pc version, have reached 2nd floor and need to obtain stone feather after going around in circles have consulted strategy guide to find I have to lift bear skin but I cannot do this. I am sure I have already closed this area so assume that the feather did not move to inventory,cannot complete the game without this task completing, anyone else having same issues or can help.

Add me to the list of players having the same problem. That's it for this game. This only seems to happen to games I really like

Quailridge
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Quailridge on Aug 9, 14 6:46 PM
Also have the cushion glitch after entering "Michelle". On a Mac OS X10.9.4. I am asking for a refund. The number of CS games that are not playing lately is ridiculous. Going to go hunting for another site. Mine happened 5 mins after I purchased the game also.

redrose70
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Spirit of Revenge: Cursed Castle Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by redrose70 on Aug 9, 14 6:47 PM
karonpatricia wrote:
Bee921 wrote:
but2730 wrote:Bought the game immediately as was impressed and playing pc version, have reached 2nd floor and need to obtain stone feather after going around in circles have consulted strategy guide to find I have to lift bear skin but I cannot do this. I am sure I have already closed this area so assume that the feather did not move to inventory,cannot complete the game without this task completing, anyone else having same issues or can help.

I have the same problem. Hint won't help, & cannot go any further.

Edited on 08/09/2014 at 6:51:05 PM PST

redrose70
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Spirit of Revenge: Cursed Castle Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by redrose70 on Aug 9, 14 6:54 PM
redrose70 wrote:
karonpatricia wrote:
Bee921 wrote:

[Post New]by Merrygritt on Aug 9, 14 7:00 PM
karonpatricia wrote:i am also having the same problem with finding the stone feather. I have been in and out of the room and even tried using the hint button, but even that doesn't work. The SG tells me to look under/move the bear skin but this doesn't happen. Was really enjoying the game now cant go any further. looks like another wasted purchase...

I purchased this game using the coupon code for their last screw up, Thinking of cancelling altogether and going to luminosity or something else.

What a freaking rip off BFG has become.

Edited on 08/09/2014 at 7:01:39 PM PST

redrose70
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by redrose70 on Aug 9, 14 7:01 PM
karonpatricia wrote:i am also having the same problem with finding the stone feather. I have been in and out of the room and even tried using the hint button, but even that doesn't work. The SG tells me to look under/move the bear skin but this doesn't happen. Was really enjoying the game now cant go any further. looks like another wasted purchase...

hollyodie
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by hollyodie on Aug 9, 14 9:17 PM
Ditto for me regarding the bear skin and feather. Hint also stopped working. Exiting and going back into the game doesn't help. I could probably restart the game as a new user, but that is NOT an acceptable way for me to enjoy a game

Really hope there is a fix for this game soon as I was really enjoying it.

KMLE
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by KMLE on Aug 9, 14 9:58 PM
Fed up trying to get the stone feather, Uninstalled, reinstalled. doesn't helps. Guess there will be a lot of refunds again.

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Aug 9, 14 10:15 PM
Bee921 wrote:

I ran in to the same problem and had to start the game over with a new profile. It worked the second time but I was very careful to pick up the stone feather before I picked up the puzzle piece because I think when I did it the first time I got the puzzle piece and it threw me out of the scene and I couldn't go back. Or else it never went into the inventory.

GimmeAHint
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by GimmeAHint on Aug 9, 14 10:26 PM
I too am running OS X 10.9.4 and am stuck in the girl's room with the giant cushion and am unable to progress. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and that didn't solve it. This is the third refund I've had to request in the last couple of months and I've had many games that wouldn't even run for me in the demo stage. I've purchased close to 100 games from BFG and have never seen anything like what is going on now.

jtrigg
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by jtrigg on Aug 9, 14 10:30 PM
same problem as others have reported, can't pick up bear skin to get stone feather.
another turkey!

pgillenw
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

Dang stone feather!!!!

[Post New]by pgillenw on Aug 9, 14 10:47 PM

I see no way to nab a stone feather -- bear skin gave me at one point puzzle piece -- no stone feather there.

Hint no longer hints.

[Post New]by gofordiana on Aug 9, 14 10:50 PM
I am stuck in the little girls room with a big pillow or poof as if I zoomed in on it. It will not go away. So mad because I got stuck with this glitch AFTER I purchased the game. I guess I am starting over

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

[Post New]by swedane on Aug 9, 14 10:52 PM
Lady8star wrote:Can not enter password into computer in the child's room. I double checked the strategy guide and it is the right code but when I put it in and press enter it says wrong code. Anyone else have this problem?
If you have found the hint, read it from right to left, starting with 6 and ending with 3. Then there's a 5 and 8 in between.

Hope that helps?

edgery
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Owl feather from bear is a major glitch

[Post New]by edgery on Aug 9, 14 11:17 PM
This seems to be a major glitch and one that should get an update. I'll go back and start from scratch but I'll do it annoyed the whole way. Sad because this is a good game with some innovative mini-games.

karonpatricia wrote:
Bee921 wrote:

Go to: