saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Warlock: The Curse of the Shaman here

[Post New]by saphhire on Aug 11, 14 3:36 PM
I had a problem with the attic also......Game played fine until then............Don't know if I want to try again, cause I had to shut down the computer manually. More complaints then reviews..............DOES THAT TELL YOU SOMETHING..........

FLASHBACK NOT ON ME!

[Post New]by hazelwize16 on Aug 11, 14 4:42 PM
i'm having the same issues as everyone else ... couldn't even FIND a cursor... AND everything is pixelated and screwed up .... after researching my DISPLAY card which is WDDM version 7.0.15107.0 through PARALELLS on my IMAC ... i discovered that somehow it wants me to "update" to an XP version 32bit ..... hmmmm i am running 64bit Windows 7 ... why would i want to go back to the STONE AGE and then have to change my driver BACK to a newer version for other games??? ... FIX THE GAME !... and make sure it runs for EVERYONE! ... too bad ... i wanted to play this one!

LuckyKK
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by LuckyKK on Aug 11, 14 5:56 PM
I also could not play the game, with all of the pixels messed up, so many different items (arms), and the cursor not only had it, but a hand, and a bunch of arrows facing in different directions. When I'd click on an item, it was hard to read what was printed at the top of the screen...and at the bottom a bunch of pixeled squares. Really psychedelic...although I never experienced that back in the 70's. But it is one messed up deal. I had to get out of it very, very quickly. It's a NO Buy on this one, at least not until they get it fixed. Although, I've noticed there's a few fishies that have been playing it, and are having problems of a different type. So, IDK. But I'm calling it QUITS.

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Aug 11, 14 6:28 PM
Possible glitch regarding the clippers. I and others have used them once on the mermaid only to go back later, need to use them again only to find they're gone. I just replayed with a different profile. I used the clippers on the mermaid. Went so far as to clean up the graveyard, which requires the clippers. At that point, they go back into Inventory. However, as soon as I leave the graveyard, they are magically missing from Inventory and no amount of returning the graveyard makes them come back to my Inventory.

I seriously suspect a glitch since this has happened twice now and a few other people are getting stuck in the same scenario.

sammi21
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by sammi21 on Aug 11, 14 7:04 PM
Phew...So glad I didnt pay for THIS one....sammi

annetterider
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by annetterider on Aug 12, 14 5:33 AM
not sure why I am bothering to write anything about this problem as I NEVER got any thing done about the last game,(DREAMPATH), and everybody had heaps of trouble with it. But here goes.

The game played fine up to the grandaddy that was inn the war. My hand wont pick anything up and it freezes for a short time then it is OK but still cant pick anything up.

Do you just love how they think it is your computer, I spose we wont get a fix for this one either. I am going to look for another game site where they look after people that buy there games. Fed up with BF......

mcbay111
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by mcbay111 on Aug 12, 14 7:45 AM
anitra3 wrote: ehm?... how are you supposed to play this game without a game-cursor??

I had to laugh when I read yours because I have like twenty-five cursors and it takes up loads of space. Impossible to play this game. I have Windows Vista and never have i dealt with this type of issue lol.

MarnieRose
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by MarnieRose on Aug 12, 14 10:18 AM
I also have windows vista & I'm having the same problem with the multiple cursors. I was able to reduce the cursor to 1 in the options menu but there are still circuit boards & disembodied arms everywhere. it's impossible to see anything. I tried to play for awhile by just clicking on things but when I got to the first HO, I was in trouble. You can't complete it very easily when all the objects are a mass of circuit boards & other strange things. I was down to 2 objects left when an access violation came up. That was it for me. I have never seen such a screwed up game in all my years on big fish. Needless to say, I will not be buying without a major fix. It's too bad because the game looked interesting.

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on Aug 12, 14 10:28 AM
Game played fine but I also fell into the "disappearing clippers" trap.
Released the mermaid but upon giving her the first piece of crown she was netted again. Once I used the clippers in the cemetery they disappeared so I could not cut the net the second time.
Too bad. I was really enjoying this game.

Edited on 08/12/2014 at 10:29:17 AM PST

Lono2
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by Lono2 on Aug 12, 14 12:48 PM
I managed to escape all the aforementioned issues, but now I'm stuck at the creek while making the third doll. I got the nuggets, but can't back out of the screen. I can even see the arrow (I hit hint just to make sure I was putting my cursor in the right place", but clicking does nothing. The screen isn't frozen. I can see waving weeds and everything.

*sigh*

I hate to get this far in a game, only to have to quit due to a bug.

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Aug 12, 14 1:04 PM
sonofstar wrote:Possible glitch regarding the clippers. I and others have used them once on the mermaid only to go back later, need to use them again only to find they're gone. I just replayed with a different profile. I used the clippers on the mermaid. Went so far as to clean up the graveyard, which requires the clippers. At that point, they go back into Inventory. However, as soon as I leave the graveyard, they are magically missing from Inventory and no amount of returning the graveyard makes them come back to my Inventory.

I seriously suspect a glitch since this has happened twice now and a few other people are getting stuck in the same scenario.

I just got past this point with my second profile. This time when I went back to the mermaid, the net was off and I had to put together her crown. The difference from the first time to this time is that the first profile was set for Easy and the second profile was set for Casual. There is definitely a glitch in one of the levels of difficulty.

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on Aug 12, 14 2:01 PM
sonofstar wrote:

I just got past this point with my second profile. This time when I went back to the mermaid, the net was off and I had to put together her crown. The difference from the first time to this time is that the first profile was set for Easy and the second profile was set for Casual. There is definitely a glitch in one of the levels of difficulty.

I played on "Expert". I still lost the clippers.

grammyapples
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

[Post New]by grammyapples on Aug 12, 14 3:21 PM
I am stuck! Arrow points to henhouse, barn, and river but can not move anywhere!!! GRRRRR

AZbratnNY
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by AZbratnNY on Aug 13, 14 12:57 AM
I have installed/uninstalled I still cant get a VISUAL . this game needed some re view before it floated out to all us, ?? members. all I get is crazy puzzle, jive, stuff..would like to give it my , y / n ?

crypsynight
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by crypsynight on Aug 13, 14 8:49 AM
I have completed the grandfather doll, yet it keeps telling me i need to clothe it.
If i hit the hint it takes me away from the doll, and hint again just shows all possible arrows of places to go.
And if i hit hint a few times, it just locks up.
Clearly the hint button is also confused......

siscokid
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by siscokid on Aug 13, 14 9:29 AM
I absolutely LOVE this game! So much so, that when it ended, I wanted to play it again. Alas, it was not to be. The ending credits will not stop rolling even when you change your profile. They simply will. not. go. away! Unfortunate too, this game was a winner for me and that's saying a lot! I will try un-installing and re-installing but kind of skittish seeing all the other tech issues that have cropped up. I sure do hope they come up with a fix very soon! It's a very good game!

glenard
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by glenard on Aug 13, 14 10:23 AM
I downloaded the trial version when it first came out, but just now got around to playing the demo. I have the same issue as most others, oodles of cursors, oodles of everything, pictures all in a jumble, cannot even play. Came to the forum to see if anyone else was having the same problem and quite a few others are.

My question is this. Is there not a fix for this game or is it just staying this way? Why would the developers not do a fix for this game? Does anyone know something I don't. I am running a Windows 7 Home Premium.

[Post New]by kimbers415 on Aug 13, 14 12:39 PM
sonofstar wrote:Possible glitch regarding the clippers. I and others have used them once on the mermaid only to go back later, need to use them again only to find they're gone. I just replayed with a different profile. I used the clippers on the mermaid. Went so far as to clean up the graveyard, which requires the clippers. At that point, they go back into Inventory. However, as soon as I leave the graveyard, they are magically missing from Inventory and no amount of returning the graveyard makes them come back to my Inventory.

OK I've created 3 profiles in all 3 modes and still lose the clippers once I clean up the graveyard and talk to the mage. There is NO POSSIBLE way to progress in the game once this happens. Too many other people are experiencing this for it to just be a random problem. Either fix it or refund everyones money/credits. Simple!

geninfo4
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by geninfo4 on Aug 13, 14 1:38 PM
REALLY LIKE GAME BUT....................same as others are having!! lost clippers, and can not get mermaid out as the net is back on after I cut net and gave her her crown. there are other glitches but for now I hopefully expect that BFG will FIX all and we can get on with this game. notice that some of my purchases have had updates! HOPEFULLY THIS ONE WILL TOO!!!!!! Gen

WHEN IS THE UPDATE/REBUILD COMING????
LOVE THIS GAME BUT HATE THE GLITCHES.!!!! either fix/ or I want my money back BFG! did anyone check out this game before exporting to the general public? this does not help BFG gamers continually finding glitches with most of the games that have been released1 very disappointed with BFG!!!! gen

Edited on 08/15/2014 at 4:49:43 PM PST

[Post New]by andrea_mom on Aug 14, 14 1:07 AM
Same problem with clippers as everyone else. Sure hope this game gets an update to fix it.

Go to: