bailey93
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Les Misérables: Jean Valjean here

[Post New]by bailey93 on Aug 13, 14 5:02 AM
I have the same Issue. DLL missing, corrupt or wrong version. I uninstalled and was going to reinstall until I read that doing so the same issue occurs. I would have liked to have played the trial, but will wait for a fix. I'm playing on Windows 8.

MaryEl
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by MaryEl on Aug 13, 14 5:33 AM
Same issue as everyone else....cannot find import; DLL may be missing, corrupt or wrong version. File d3 dx9_39. dll error 126.

Deleted the game right away. Don't have time to try and get a game loaded that may not be one I want to purchase.

Putting these games out when there is a sale going on is just wrong!

So, tomorrow maybe we will get a decent game to buy!

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Aug 13, 14 5:45 AM
Hey All,

I'm really sorry to see so many of you are having trouble with a 126 error! That's definitely not fun, since it's keeping you from playing the game. My first recommendation would be to take a look at the help article below for a possible step:

Error 126

If the issue continues, please contact Tech Support HERE with a Dr. Felix Report, and our Reps will be happy to help out.

I hope this helps!

bfgVaiya

Edit to fix link

Edited on 08/13/2014 at 7:57:09 AM PST

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Aug 13, 14 5:46 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgVaiya

[Post New]by Geener_Weener on Aug 13, 14 5:54 AM
pjplanner wrote:Corrupted on download. DLL missing? or something like that. Error 26. Uninstalled and re-downloaded but got the same message when I tried to play. Gave up and uninstalled. Needless to say, a 'no buy' !

Same problem here. Uninstalled and downloaded a second time. No luck.

Edited on 08/13/2014 at 5:55:14 AM PST

imbrdk
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by imbrdk on Aug 13, 14 5:57 AM
Hi

I searched the net and found this solution and it worked on my pc.
Use this link and download and update.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

[Post New]by AverageSizeFish on Aug 13, 14 6:11 AM
As I posted above, installing DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer will fix the problem. I got it here:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

ETA: bfgVaiya, the link you provided called Error 126 goes to a page that says Not available.

Edited on 08/13/2014 at 6:17:35 AM PST

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Aug 13, 14 6:49 AM
Same here getting error 126.

The game isn't getting great reviews from those who can play it, so I guess no great loss. Will just wait for tomorrows game.

[Post New]by glake32 on Aug 13, 14 7:09 AM
same issue

sagethyme
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by sagethyme on Aug 13, 14 7:32 AM
What everyone else has said - same issue - corrupt file, etc.

Gojira2006
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,183 Posts

[Post New]by Gojira2006 on Aug 13, 14 7:36 AM
bfgVaiya wrote:Hey All,

I'm really sorry to see so many of you are having trouble with a 126 error! That's definitely not fun, since it's keeping you from playing the game. My first recommendation would be to take a look at the help article below for a possible step:

<a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=126">Error 126</a>

I hope this helps!

bfgVaiya

Not available

This answer is no longer available.

No - It doesn't help, when it's not there . . . You can't even get your site to work right & we're supposed to have confidence in the games playing as they're supposed to . . . ?

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Aug 13, 14 7:57 AM
Hey Everyone,

Sorry about that link! It looks like it was a typo on my part, and not a fault in the site. I've gone back and repaired the link, so it should take you to the correct help article now!

bfgVaiya

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Aug 13, 14 8:24 AM
I had no error message but got a half blank screen plus try to use inventory almost impossible

I have tried doing the game in different profile but it still happens + I have tried 3 different profiles.

Edited on 10/31/2014 at 4:14:44 PM PST

[Post New]by Walker2s on Aug 13, 14 9:19 AM
Corrupted on download. DLL missing? or something like that. Error 26.

[Post New]by lynnieann95 on Aug 13, 14 9:29 AM
I also had the same error quote that Dll file was missing and the game wouldn't lay. As advised by another player I went to the Microsoft site and downloaded DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer and the game now plays like a treat.

janey1806
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by janey1806 on Aug 13, 14 9:54 AM
Me too! Not very impressed by Big Fish for putting this on, I deleted it straight away when I got the message, cause I don't want it to corrupt anything on my computer. This kind of thing should not be happening, some ones not doing their job properly.

mlc9
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by mlc9 on Aug 13, 14 10:11 AM
pjplanner wrote:Corrupted on download. DLL missing? or something like that. Error 26. Uninstalled and re-downloaded but got the same message when I tried to play. Gave up and uninstalled. Needless to say, a 'no buy' !

same here

[Post New]by AverageSizeFish on Aug 13, 14 11:02 AM
There's no need to worry that the game will corrupt your computer. It is missing a .dll that developers usually put into the download. It's sort of odd that this one didn't but it won't harm your comp. All it will do is fail to run unless you get the missing .dll from Microsoft.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Aug 13, 14 11:35 AM
Hey Everyone,

Thanks for your post AverageSizeFish! That definitely helps.

The 126 error message many of you are seeing will not negatively affect or corrupt any files on your computer. The corruption message comes up because there was a file missing from Direct X support software when the game download.

Here are some steps from our help article for Error 126:

If you're receiving an error 126, please uninstall and reinstall the game, making sure to accept the DirectX installation request that is part of the game's installation process. This may be easy to miss, so please make sure that you carefully review every request that the game prompts during installation.

If you are still running into problems, please contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. One of our Reps would be happy to help with this.

We are also currently escalating the issue to the developer and we will post here in the forums as soon as we have more information. Thank you for your patience.

bfgWendwater

Edited on 08/13/2014 at 11:36:23 AM PST

twin222
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by twin222 on Aug 13, 14 11:43 AM
Same error message for me / downloaded as suggested by another user the activex microsoft file // works fine now.

Go to: