wrinkles89
Minnow
Minnow
249 Posts

Re:Anyone NOT have problems with castle crashes??

[Post New]by wrinkles89 on Aug 17, 14 12:53 PM
tazruby2000, find out which sound card and its supporting program your computer is using. You can do that via control panel/devices. When you get this information, post it on this forum. Some of we computer nerds may be able to help you resolve the game sound issue.

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Aug 17, 14 1:03 PM
I have tried everything with installing the latest sound card driver. I have computer tech experience and I can say it is not computer related. I have re-installed Windows (XP) and have all the latest drivers that have the Microsoft digital signature. I know it is not a sound card issue because I have played a lot of games and haven't had any sound issues. MSM is the only one and it was only after the one update.

Kmigster
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Kmigster on Aug 17, 14 2:31 PM
I also am experiencing the castle XP crash. I deleted the update files and tried to open the game again. It re-downloaded the same files, apparently, and I am still not able to open the game. How sad! I was so looking forward to updating all of my castles. Now I'm not sure I ever will. If Plant Island castle crashed the game, will others? I bought diamonds with which to do it, too. Dang.

Also, does anyone but me miss the look of castles that are closer in appearance to real castles? The fantasy one will be terrific on Ethereal Island, but looks sort of out of place on Plant. It looks lost and confused. No wonder it refuses to allow the game to open. It's ashamed.

[Post New]by yunusemredilek on Aug 17, 14 2:36 PM
Well, it never works if you delete some files or add extra files. The game adds same files and erases extra files. I tried to put files of the new castle from my iPad device. It deleted these files.

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Aug 17, 14 2:46 PM
The server more than likely knows what files are needed and the size of the files. The iOS version would not work on the pc version especially if the file size was different or written different in code. Since the castle images were never placed in the game save/download folder, the server is confused because it is being told to load something it does not have stored itself.

[Post New]by yunusemredilek on Aug 17, 14 4:19 PM
I think when we enter, the game grabs current files from online store and replaces with all old files in the folder. Also I saw there are missing files in the folder. It must mean the game doesn't put some files on our PCs and uses these files from the server without adding anywhere when we play.

Edited on 08/17/2014 at 4:21:25 PM PST

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Aug 17, 14 11:59 PM
tazruby2000 wrote:
wrinkles89 wrote:Just curious? Are you sure it is the game and not your computer sound card or the sound file?
I know for a fact that it is the game itself. I started playing it game when it came out and everything was fine to December 2, 2013. A update had cursor alignment problems, I was fine with it but others were complaining about the issue. At this whole time nothing was wrong with the game, audio was normal. A new update was released December 3, 2013 to fix the cursor alignment and this update was the start of the choppy audio for some of us. I have send so many tickets for support and was told it was being looked into. I don't think they are concerned since it is not that many that are affected with the audio.

I second what tazruby said above as my situation is exactly like his. My game worked perfectly even during the misaligned cursor problem. All my other games, both older and newer than MSM, work perfectly as well both in looks and in sound so the problem is in the game itself and NOT my computer. The misaligned cursor was a visual problem so the sound should not have been affected but it was for whatever stupid reason. The visual and audio features are two separate entities so why was the sound compromised when the visual feature got fixed? I'd have preferred to keep the misaligned cursor, since the game could still be played, so long as the sound continued to work properly. I've sent my fair share of tickets in already but so far have been ignored. And I wasn't even offered any game coupons either like tazruby was. I just really want the sound to get fixed.

[Post New]by bfgGlithui on Aug 18, 14 9:10 AM
Hi guys!

I have good news! Big Blue Bubble, the developer of My Singing Monsters, has released a server-side fix that should resolve the crashing and "stopped working" error.

The game has automatically been updated for everyone, which means this isn't actually available as an Update to download from the Big Fish Games App. You don't have to manually download the update for this fix.

When you go to play the game again now, some new files will be downloaded and that should resolve the recent technical issues.

I'm so glad you can get back to playing!

bfgGlithui

Edited on 08/18/2014 at 9:11:02 AM PST

blabbitfan86
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,024 Posts

[Post New]by blabbitfan86 on Aug 18, 14 10:59 AM
The Cold Island goal hasn't been fixed, it's still there...

[Post New]by Sunnypatch1 on Aug 18, 14 2:16 PM
Sunnypatch1 wrote:I', have the same problem with the upgrade on the Castle. It keeps crashing just before the Loading of the game. I have upgraded everything and still it keeps crashing. And I know it's not my computer. There is something wrong with the program.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, for fixing the problem.....:-D
Hugs and Kisses

Go to: