Nagasse
Stingray
Stingray
5,251 Posts

Re:New build coming for The Legend of Crystal Valley

[Post New]by Nagasse on Apr 9, 09 1:40 PM
Boring and slow to move from the title to game and so on.

tlovplay
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by tlovplay on Apr 9, 09 5:33 PM
does anyone know when the new build will be out i havent a clue

zuziq
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by zuziq on Apr 10, 09 3:24 PM
Same problem as everyone else. Since the "fix" doesn't appear to work past the graveyard, I'll wait for the real fix to play. Hope it comes out soon.

Lauralei
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by Lauralei on Apr 12, 09 1:35 PM
Same result . I have the Intel integrated graphics card. I downloaded the demo, followed instructions for the workaround which got me as far as our heroine exiting the graveyard and game closes. Game has some nice reviews so I hope BFG can get it working for us.

For those more knowledgeable in computer hardware, can the integrated card ever be replaced or am I stuck with it until I can get new computer which is no time soon ?

Thanks BFG and fellow posters.

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Apr 13, 09 2:18 AM
I've had the same problems. I did what was suggested and got to see the graveyard scene, but then the game ended. I'm not going to mess with it until a new build comes out.

It's funny, because I've been able to play more complex games than this (like RTR) but CS told me my Intel processor wasn't compatible with this game. I'm not going to worry about getting a new processor, though, since it works fine for everything but this game!

tlovplay
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by tlovplay on Apr 16, 09 11:17 AM
im still waiting for new build what is the update please inform me
\

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Apr 16, 09 2:48 PM
Lauralei wrote:Same result . I have the Intel integrated graphics card. I downloaded the demo, followed instructions for the workaround which got me as far as our heroine exiting the graveyard and game closes. Game has some nice reviews so I hope BFG can get it working for us.

For those more knowledgeable in computer hardware, can the integrated card ever be replaced or am I stuck with it until I can get new computer which is no time soon ?

Thanks BFG and fellow posters.

No, you are not stuck until you get a new computer! Almost all computers come with some sort of integrated video. It isn't a "card" as such, but a chip on the motherboard that handles graphics usually using regular RAM to do so. And, all you usually need to do is find a card that does what you want it to and that is also compatible with your motherboard, and then install it. USUALLY, but not always, the new card will turn off the old integrated video automatically when the new drivers are installed.

HTH!

weirdgrrl
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by weirdgrrl on Apr 17, 09 4:00 PM
I'm having the same problem as everyone else here and I am not about to do the complicated workaround just to try a demo game, so eagerly awaiting the new build. Do we have an estimated date for that?

Mystbecky
Clownfish
Clownfish
689 Posts

[Post New]by Mystbecky on Apr 18, 09 11:08 AM
Frankly I cannot get past the introduction. She walks out of the cemetery & the game closes. I have uninstalled & reloaded twice, but game just stops. Looks like I won't be playing this one. Too Bad.

4red3s
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by 4red3s on Apr 19, 09 10:54 AM
19 April 2009

I just waited forever for this to download and install and authenticate and FINALLY let me click on PLAY. The screen goes black and soon the joy of play shall begin.... NOT

The "new build" that has been coming for how many weeks now? I don't think I am going to download again and certainly not purchase this one.

Learned something new today: Check the forums for problems BEFORE downloading anything here. Especially the big ones.

tlovplay
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by tlovplay on Apr 20, 09 12:15 AM
still awaiting the new build am i waiting in vain? should i just get a credit?

Lauralei
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by Lauralei on Apr 20, 09 5:29 PM
Gentlsong,

Thnak you so much for that information and taking the time to explain it. That Intel integrated video "card" has been a problem with other games, too. The little reading I've done in the past gave me the impression the integrated cards were less expensive and kept the price of the pc model in a comfortable range, and was irreplaceable. I always felt stuck with it, stuck with a bad buy, a live and learn experience. Will do some further checking and will definitely try for something different.

Thanks again. That was a big help. A big help.

Lauralei

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Apr 20, 09 6:07 PM
Lauralei wrote:Gentlsong,

Thnak you so much for that information and taking the time to explain it. That Intel integrated video "card" has been a problem with other games, too. The little reading I've done in the past gave me the impression the integrated cards were less expensive and kept the price of the pc model in a comfortable range, and was irreplaceable. I always felt stuck with it, stuck with a bad buy, a live and learn experience. Will do some further checking and will definitely try for something different.

Thanks again. That was a big help. A big help.

Lauralei

Thanks! Glad I could help. The integrated "cards" DO save on the cost of a computer to some degree since they eliminate the absolute necessity of adding a separate video card, but if it doesn't do everything you want it to, that little bit of savings isn't worth it to me. Several years ago, they were making integrated video that didn't have any extras at all, and that is when it was considered to be so much cheaper. And, even when you get a separate card, you won't be "replacing" the video that's already there....just turning it off so that may be why you've heard them referred to as irreplaceable.

Un4gtbleQT
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Un4gtbleQT on Apr 21, 09 10:16 AM
New Build, I am wa-a-a-i-i-i-iting................

[Post New]by dustin_vetter on Apr 21, 09 12:14 PM
how will we know when the new build has come out, will they send it via e-mail or what? thnxz.

Lauralei
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by Lauralei on Apr 22, 09 2:57 PM
Hi, dustin_vetter. Our best bet is to check this forum. BFG usually posts an announcement when they have a new build and directions on how to download. Stop by to check the thread every day or when you think of it. We're all eagerly awaiting the announcement! If I see you, I'll wave.

[Post New]by dustin_vetter on Apr 23, 09 3:38 PM
thnxz for the response. I will do that.

4red3s
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by 4red3s on May 2, 09 5:35 PM
After reading the posts here, and reading posts on other forums...
I have a feeling that I got my hopes up and I am just going to have to be disappointed with this one.
It has been 30 days since "new build coming" was mentioned
It was also indicated that this game only works on newer / better graphics cards

To re-write an entire game to accommodate older graphics probably won't happen. Those of us who have encountered this problem in this game may see it again in other games. I probably didn't pay attention to see what the graphics requirements were when I originally downloaded but I looked now and it has in bold -

128 MB AGP Video card with Full DirectX 9 support suggested

Perhaps "suggested" is not a strong enough word. Or maybe make it a different color like red or magenta or something.

I know I won't be able to upgrade my graphics to play this game. But I will try to pay better attention to the requirements now that I know my computer is just getting too old and out dated to play some of these games.

arrington1
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by arrington1 on May 2, 09 6:06 PM
This doesnt make sense about the newer pc. I have the newer one of four pcs that I know have tried to play this game. All theirs are xp and they have had no problem, Im the only one that has Vista. I can go so far in the game and thats it. I have problems with error not able to read from ??1004? whatever. It has just started and it is nor just BF , Ive tried downloading the same demo on other sites and I get the same message.

[Post New]by Andreo1950 on May 10, 09 1:51 PM
Thanks! I was having the same problem; your solution worked great and am now enjoying the game!

Go to: