Kathilisa
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Manor Memoirs Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Kathilisa on Aug 30, 14 2:58 PM
I too enjoyed Gardenscapes 1 and 2, and Mansion Makeover, but while this has similar gameplay, I found the design choices so horrible that I wasn't encouraged to keep playing

They always were a bit stylised to fit the cartoony graphics, and I know that American style isn't the same as UK...but these choices were just like nothing I'd ever choose in my own home (or even the home in the game...)

Interesting comment by trillian about the cat. I hadn't noticed other than that it was very fat, but he/she is quite right, it isn't cat-like at all.

All in all, a big disapointment and definitely not worth a CE

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Sep 1, 14 11:25 PM
Not worth a CE that I can see. the other games from the same developer are much longer. Unless I haven't figured it out, I don't see what is so special about the BONUS levels....nothing.

Waste of money

kookamo
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by kookamo on Sep 6, 14 10:51 AM
Keep getting error 809. Please help, thank you

goeash
Koi
Koi
83,226 Posts

[Post New]by goeash on Sep 7, 14 8:28 AM
Really enjoying this game as I have done with Gardenscapes and Barn Yarn. Agree about the fountain and statue in the middle of the room though!

Edited on 09/07/2014 at 11:40:12 AM PST

[Post New]by minniesamson on Sep 15, 14 10:19 AM
I tried this game and I really loved it.
Only problem for me is that I can't afford to buy it.

Tomsde
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Tomsde on Oct 21, 14 7:43 PM
I have played the other games in this series, but really liked this the least. I love hidden object games and have always liked these because they're fun and non-violent and relaxing. The Scarlet character is a bit on the grumpy and bland side; while I expected such behaviors from Austin in the past, I thought this young woman would be more upbeat. The game could use more plot. I liked the compass hints, but didn't like some of the other changers. The objects in the scene are often out of scale with their surroundings. We never get to find out much about the girl Scarlet is writing the book about and that could have been a good subplot with stuff from her life to find. The game seemed to be much shorter than others in the series. All in all I had fun, but it could have been better. I didn't like the objects on the list that turned out to be words (who would buy a word anyhow?).

I think these games need some new life breathed into them, perhaps a more interactive environment like other HOGs and better cut scenes. I don't know what the "collectors" edition could have added as there is no bonus chapter, there doesn't seem like much worth paying the extra money for.

If you liked the Gardenscapes/Mansion Makeover games I'm sure you'll like this one, but generally speaking I was a bit disappointed.

Go to: