Update for PC

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Update for PC

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 25, 14 9:44 PM
All I want to know is: does this version have a "Restart" button?

I live in eternal hope that EG are going to add one at some point, but am not sure it will ever happen.

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Aug 25, 14 9:46 PM
Still no restart button.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 25, 14 9:47 PM
Thank you, tazruby. I guess I will have to continue to live in hope...

[Post New]by Arizona63Tucson on Aug 25, 14 10:50 PM
Hi !! ALL , First let me apologize for sounding off . I have installed the up date and played 5 HOS and have already LOST 150 COINS so to date that makes 7,300 coins . I don't know what this one is supposed to fix but it has fixed me .

ARIZONA

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Aug 25, 14 11:30 PM
I am up to level 40 and it is much more of the same as last 2 updates- new hog scenes, chests, quests etc but that is all, really.

This is not a complaint, more of a wish- that by now they would at least put in some new pets or achievements to give something fresh to work towards.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 26, 14 12:22 AM
Having played a few other F2P HOG-like games, I much prefer those games that are not offered bit by bit, but are available to the player as a whole, where locked areas open up as you level up, as is the case with "Nightfall".

I am not saying that everything is open for business in "Nightfall", but the gameplay is so much smoother, and with far less interruptions than you get with MC, where you get a few more quests added here, and a couple more characters added there. No harmony in this game either. No wonder peeps are finding this game too stressful and frustrating.

xshoshin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
415 Posts

[Post New]by xshoshin on Aug 26, 14 2:29 AM
Oh good grief! I still haven't downloaded that last update (I'm iOS) and in another week or so there will be another. I am only up to 85,000 coins so I'm not near enough ready to start on it. Wonder what happens if there are two updates stacked up...do they remain two? Or does the latest one just subsume the prior? Just curious.

Have to admit I haven't been working hard at gathering resources...it's so tedious but I need at least 100,000 per update so I better get crackin'

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Aug 26, 14 2:38 AM
xshoshin wrote: Wonder what happens if there are two updates stacked up...do they remain two? Or does the latest one just subsume the prior? Just curious.

you only need to install the latest update and that will bring you to date with all

Toffifee
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,383 Posts

[Post New]by Toffifee on Aug 26, 14 6:42 AM
DivaDoodle wrote:Any noticeable difference in the social page? faster? (hopes)

How about pet food, any more dropping?

Any increase in coins earned from hos or crafting? is the red X still there?

Has anyone noticed any other problems fixed? Or do you think the update is content only?

TY

Hi DivaDoodle,
as far as I can see it's only content - the red X is still there, social page the same, but the airship dropped 2 unique stamps today
So far opened 2 new HOS, really beautiful ...
but now I'm sitting again on a quest from Anabel, who wants a Bouquet of Fear and Dust AND the Star of Renovation crafted at the same time
i.e. the nightmare of Binding Egg continues ...

bayouguy
Clownfish
Clownfish
815 Posts

[Post New]by bayouguy on Aug 26, 14 7:13 AM
I am actually not going to download this update. I am having a pleasurable enough time just gathering gold and inventory and will wait for the next update to download.

Gonzo

DivaDoodle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,119 Posts

[Post New]by DivaDoodle on Aug 26, 14 8:38 AM
TY for letting me know TheSinful1, geniemc, Toffifee,
that the red X is still there, the drop rates for pet food aren't improved, the social page has not changed, so no problems fixed is sad.

I agree was really looking forward to at least some of our requests being granted, or new stuff to keep it fresh. I really think this game needs new stuff to keep us interested, well for me at least.

Valdy I am enjoying Nightfall too I had read a post of yours around a week ago about it, very fun for me! TY for mentioning!
About your restart button, did you want to restart from the begining? If so I am wondering if just deleting the app file would work or were you looking for the kind of restart button that allows you to keep stuff you have, but start from the beginning like I have seen in a few games?

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Aug 26, 14 8:48 AM
Deleting the game save does nothing but the messes with the setting. There is a couple of ways top start over.

playerpop
Herring
Herring
306 Posts

[Post New]by playerpop on Aug 26, 14 10:00 AM
eastendteddy wrote:tazruby?? what level you on??
your post reads like you are talking about the other update not this one today.???
I am on 38 and the new *update or so called update * I found nothing new.
So am left wondering what was added??? what was fixed???
I did every HOS and found nothing changed so angain???????????????

I found that the State of Grace has changed.

sugar19703
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by sugar19703 on Aug 26, 14 3:11 PM
Well.... I was holding out at level 31 hoping to catch up so I did not download the previous update. NOW with latest update I thought what the heck I'm 2 behind now let's do it. What a mistake!!!!! Items I was holding on to to sell for coins for the previous update that were worth OVER 1000 coins are now worthless at 50 or 60 coins each!!! GREAT. Also I have noticed these changes. First change in the scroll storage HOP MAIL has been changed to ENVELOPE PLUM to PLUMS FLAG to PIRATE FLAG LILY to FLEUR-DE-LIS (which it should have been in the first place) and finally first it was CASKET, then it changed to BOX, then this round it changed to ROUND BOX. There was one more change from singular to plural I can not remember that change.

I should have left well enough alone, Back to the drawing board. NEXT time there is an update I'm going to WAIT sell EXPENSIVE items then update.

These are the other changes I found:

In the Over grown pond MEDAL to BROOCH
In the Belfry GRAPES to BERRIES WHAT???
In the Summer Garden WIND CHIMES to CHIMES (Like it makes a difference) and CABBAGE to LETTUCE (Are you kidding me?)
Mirror Nave LAMP to OIL LAMP
Amor and Banners CUP to GOBLET
Mosaic Panel IT IS STILL A CUP??????
Grand Alter CONE to PINECONE
and finally in all the HOP that have it NOTE to MUSICAL NOTE
I think there could have been much more needed changes than this

Edited on 08/26/2014 at 4:51:59 PM PST

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Aug 26, 14 4:14 PM
LOL sugar on the CASKET to BOX to ROUND BOX. Next it will be BLUE ROUND BOX.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 26, 14 7:36 PM
tazruby2000 wrote:Deleting the game save does nothing but the messes with the setting. There is a couple of ways top start over.

Unfortunately, this is true. I have tried it, and it messed up my game severely. Too many things are stored online, so what you get when you reinstall the game after deleting it and the .save file is a game that starts new in some places but keeps you on the same level as you were on when you deleted the game. And it messes up the Social section to a point where you can't use it any more.

Oh, and no, I don't like to add a new user just to be able to replay this game.

Edited on 08/26/2014 at 7:37:09 PM PST

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Aug 26, 14 7:52 PM
The way I started a new game is to create a new windows user account, play just long enough to get the game save created. I deleted my old game save from my main account and replaced it with the one I created under the windows user account. I turned off the windows user account that I created so I just use the main account. This is the quickest way to start a new game.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 26, 14 9:13 PM
Yes, I don't want to do that. I am a bit computer-shy when it comes to fiddling around with it. Every time I do something, something else goes wrong. In fact, I wish I had a computer that doesn't give me the choice of multi-users. I am the only person using it, and it's very annoying when I delete .save files from my computer (my username), and sometimes I get asked if I am sure, because it will affect other users. There are no other users on that computer. grrr... LOL

jforever
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by jforever on Aug 26, 14 10:25 PM
Dare I ask? Just wondering if anybody is still having a hard time collecting unique stamps? I know I am and it's really is frustrating.

Toffifee
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,383 Posts

[Post New]by Toffifee on Aug 30, 14 2:57 PM
I got them more frequently those last days - either from airship or from my dear phoenix, which I hatched before the last update ... the coins spent have been worth the result So I was able to gift some unique stamps to my friends

Go to: